IGNORED

Sorry Guys

Guest yeovilguest

Guest yeovilguest

Everytime I read this forum there seems to be someone saying that GJ is going to bring in his son Lee for your squad.

Tomorrow Lee will be discussing personal terms before probably finalising a deal with Hearts. Always knew he wouldn't come back to play for his Dad.

Everytime I read this forum there seems to be someone saying that GJ is going to bring in his son Lee for your squad.

Tomorrow Lee will be discussing personal terms before probably finalising a deal with Hearts. Always knew he wouldn't come back to play for his Dad.

Your going down then?

Good luck to him, at least we got his dad :dance:

Jevons looks like the only Yeovil player worth signing.

5 goals in his last 5 games, so if we signed him now he'd be in very good form.

That said 10 goals in 29 appearances this season is far from spectaculor, especially when you consider half those goals have come in his last 5 games :blink:

Guest C.T.I.D

yes look like it 10th in the league :) if were going down must look bad for you

And how the **** did you come to that solution,we're adding to what we got and you've lost 2 already :doh:

do you lot breate the same air as us or has yours been comtaminated with bridgewater fumes

Guest revkev

He's a dwarf, didn't realise how short he was until we played them on new years eve. We lack presence in midfield and i don't think that the signing of Lee Johnson would have helped us any.

That's rubbish, we need a decent half back

good luck to him. think unless we lose Skippy we don't need anymore central midfielders. left feet on the left wing is what we really need. two things for you yeovil fans to ponder.

first;

wonder how much that 'undisclosed fee' is for LJ is? enough to replace what you've lost? i'd wager not.

and second;

although i don't think GJ will be trying to get any of your 'troops' over here, how many do you think are looking to leave now GJ has left. alot of players have stated he was the reason they signed/stayed a the club. i think his sudden departure might have prompted a couple to get itchy feet, example being sodje and the kid johnson in two days. jevons to huddersfield anyone..? (you heard it here first)

GOOD LUCK TO HIM BUT HE IS NO BETTER THAN WE HAD

Listening to 20Man on Friday a caller stated that Yeovil have , or had, 14 players whose contracts were up in the summer. They either have to cash in now or persuade them to sign if they want to get fees for any of them.

Like others I can only see us wanting their goalie, or a certain player who can win/score penalties as we could do with a few more of them!

I never understood Johnson Jr to be part of his Dad's plans anyway from rumours here and down there.

david webb wil get yeovil down quicker than they thought, he has this plan to get rid of players that he can get money for, and bringing in youth from the premiership, can't see it working! WHy they are letting Sodje go, i've no idea, they have no backup if they get rid of him, also my yeovil mate from work says that jevons is coming to us, so we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

david webb wil get yeovil down quicker than they thought, he has this plan to get rid of players that he can get money for, and bringing in youth from the premiership, can't see it working! WHy they are letting Sodje go, i've no idea, they have no backup if they get rid of him, also my yeovil mate from work says that jevons is coming to us, so we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

I obviously do not want Webb to start selling off our whole squad, but the nucleus of our side has been built around premiership and championship youth "cast-offs" in the last few years.

To name a few

Way (apprentice of Norwich before joining Yeovil)

Johnson (though he's now gone, he came from Watford academy)

Lockwood (Reading)

Poole (scored against you this season, came from Man United academy)

Amankwaah (need I remind you he was your reject)

Miles (Watford)

Harrold (youth of Brentford)

Davies (Southampton when they were in the prem)

There are more who I cannot be bothered to name.

Building your squad in this way does work, as you can see from our success in the last 5 years.

I expect Johnson to build your squad in a similar way (albeit with better players, as you can spend more than us.)

Just look at Stewart, proven quality can often go pear-shaped, it is worth gamling with Youth players.

5 goals in his last 5 games, so if we signed him now he'd be in very good form.

That said 10 goals in 29 appearances this season is far from spectaculor, especially when you consider half those goals have come in his last 5 games :blink:

It equates to 22 a season which will outstrip our current two!!

1-3 is a decent ratio.

I'm not so sure that Jevons would bring anything to AG thats better than what is already at the club. Chris Weale would be a good signing - especially if flapper finds a club.

I agree about Weale if Phillips leaves but there are always plenty of decent keepers cast off by Premiership clubs because they've got 4/5 keepers on the books so I wouldn't want to spend a large amount of our available dough on a keeper.

For me the priorities are:

Striker or Two

Left Winger

Although, even given our recent resurgence which I still see as fragile, if GJ wants to play 4-4-2 and get out of this League,I still think we need 5 players.

Striker

Cent Mid

Two Full Backs

Left Midfield (Murray to the right)

I obviously do not want Webb to start selling off our whole squad, but the nucleus of our side has been built around premiership and championship youth "cast-offs" in the last few years.

To name a few

Way (apprentice of Norwich before joining Yeovil)

Johnson (though he's now gone, he came from Watford academy)

Lockwood (Reading)

Poole (scored against you this season, came from Man United academy)

Amankwaah (need I remind you he was your reject)

Miles (Watford)

Harrold (youth of Brentford)

Davies (Southampton when they were in the prem)

There are more who I cannot be bothered to name.

Building your squad in this way does work, as you can see from our success in the last 5 years.

I expect Johnson to build your squad in a similar way (albeit with better players, as you can spend more than us.)

Just look at Stewart, proven quality can often go pear-shaped, it is worth gamling with Youth players.

Yes but that was in the lower leagues my friend, if you think you can put a bunch of youngsters together in this league and survive then i would think again.

Jevons looks like the only Yeovil player worth signing. As for Amankwaah, he showed me nothing on New years eve to warrent us signing him. His touch is no better than when he left. Yes he has pace but doesn't seem to know how to use it.

I would disagree with that.

He has added fitness, moreover, match fitness to his game and it always bothers me when I see a bloke who's played 20 games in five years leave and become and ever present like Dyche & Edwards to name but two.

With five minutes to go he made a 70 yard run and didn't get tackled until he approached the edge of the box!! :angry:

He went past Woodman & Russell 2-3 times in the first half, running between them like they weren't there :angry:

Now, I hope I'm not being harsh but I don't see Orr or Woodman doing that or, indeed, being able to do it. :(

He's absolutely right you know.

Apparently flying to Scotland tomorrow to have a medical.

No word on the fee though.

I know people say we don't need him but alongside Russell i think he'd be a cracking signing.

Oh well just have to wait for Jevons and Amankwa!

Alongside Noble.

City already have enough decent midfielders. Russell,Noble,Wilkshire,Brown,Skuse and even Murray who some would say is a midfielder along with Cotterill.

I wouldn't call Murray or Cotterill midfielder.Wingers who track back and get in the way sometimes, but not midfielders.

Wilkshire is off at the end of the season or sooner if he won't sign a contract, which I don't think he will.

Skuse needs a lot more time and doesn't do it for me in a two man central midfield.Orr can't pass water so the same applies in a two man midfield role.Ditto for Harley although on the little I've seen, he's decent.

If either Noble or Russell is injured, I'd play Brown, particularly away, as he'll put a foot in.Possibly Wilkshire at home although a more attacking role suits him and he's the only truly attacking midfielder we have so wide left or in the hole for me.

Noble & Russell injured and, for me, the cupboard looks bare :(

1-3 is a decent ratio.

I agree about Weale if Phillips leaves but there are always plenty of decent keepers cast off by Premiership clubs because they've got 4/5 keepers on the books so I wouldn't want to spend a large amount of our available dough on a keeper.

Striker or Two

Left Winger

Although, even given our recent resurgence which I still see as fragile, if GJ wants to play 4-4-2 and get out of this League,I still think we need 5 players.

Striker

Cent Mid

Two Full Backs

Given that Johnson seems to attribute Murray's resurgence in form to his switch to the left, I'd be very surprised if Murray is moved back to the right any time soon. If Wilkshire stays, I get the impression he is considered as cover for the left wing.

The main priority for me has to be a left back to compete with / cover for Woodman and replacements for Wilkshire or Phillips should either leave.

I'd be very wary about bringing in too many new faces at this stage. I'd hate to see the apparently improved morale in the camp damaged by changing almost half the team.

1-3 is a decent ratio.

Striker or Two

Left Winger

Striker

Cent Mid

Two Full Backs

I totally disagree with this statement, Murray has found his form again from playing on the left and cutting in, it's what he likes to do and is working, why change it ?

Yeah, we've only got 5 other centre backs in the first team squad... :doh:

Archived