IGNORED

Yellow Submariners

Guest Neo

;):cool::cool:

I await to be shot; i'm sure the title will at least guarantee some response!

Can somebody kindly explain what this is all about. I certainly don't want to categorise people, however, I see posts saying things along the lines of the yellow submariners are wearing 1 yellow glove to Swindon and I think Primary school!

I need to know how this group came about and why wearing a bright latex glove is so amusing in order to grasp this concept.

Before anybody comes back with "boring fart" etc.; that I certainly ain't and I like a good laugh; might even wear a latex glove to Swinedown myself; just struggling with what this group or club or whatever are are all about; is it just a follow on of the "We are the EastEnders" stuff?

To elaborate:-

When I was 10, my and my mates formed the "White Hand Gang" which had a then with the standard 10 year old copy of Mayfair, hidey hole etc.

This I could understand.

Now i'm older, I can even understand the "CSF" and "Soul Crew" in terms of they have a purpose and notority.

So I guess i'm asking what is the purpose of the Yellow Submarine Gang. Is it trying to obtain a notority as a barmy bunch of fans? Maybe get a slot on Soccer am eventually? Come up with new and improved songs?

Or simply something that evolved from a chant at some past game?

I am generally intrigued and not purely taking the mick! ;)

We are just a group of supporters who travel to away games in a mode of transport akin to a yellow submarine.

Looking forward to a very big marigold following in the statton bank. :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

my and my mates formed the "White Hand Gang" which had a then

My first thought reading this back was what an Illiterate ###### :D

However, found another of those forum quirks. When you type the word then it comes out as then (which of course when you read it now, this will say then and then!). ;):cool::cool:

All this talk about Mayfair ("White Hand Gang -ew!) has made me feel somewhat ... just off for a quick then...
The irony of it all.

You're 10 years old and you get to see hair down there and things you only see when your Mum's friends bend down to give you a kiss; yet you're unaware of your best mate Palmela ;)

You sad men. If you can't see the significance of the sub and the marigolds then get lost. I, like most of the subbers, can remember the days when the Gate was full of characters, singing and shouting their hearts out for the club. Subbers are remembering those days and trying to inject humour, quirkiness and above all singing and noise into football.

You're as bad as those on here who slag off the Wurzels. You're only interested in uniformity - what ever happened to celebrating the uniqueness of regions - hence the parady of the Wurzels - we're West Country and proud. We're subbers and proud.

Get your yellow glove on Neo and wave away....

;):cool::cool::D:)

:Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

The irony of it all. 

You're 10 years old and you get to see hair down there and things you only see when your Mum's friends bend down to give you a kiss; yet you're unaware of your best mate Palmela  ;)

"Have you met my girlfriend" - <outstretched hand>

Neo, that brought back some very disturbing memories... but I am glad to know it wasn't just me...

The old Green Shield Stamps catalogue ... ah happy days !

You sad men.  If you can't see the significance of the sub and the marigolds then get lost.  I, like most of the subbers, can remember the days when the Gate was full of characters, singing and shouting their hearts out for the club. Subbers are remembering those days and trying to inject humour, quirkiness and above all singing and noise into football.

We're subbers and proud.

I think you miss understand Neo's point,

we are as keen as you to don the yellow marigold and wave away, we just would like to know if there is anything behind it all???

yours thinking about boarding the sub so to speak!

o.k. lets try to explain the concept although not entirely new.you get a bunch of fans together all after the same goal i.e. first division football. we follow the city home and away and do our utmost to get behind the team 100% by singing and chanting for the full 90 mins. we are not looking to become famous or infamous but to genuinely have a good time and make the best of the day come win or lose. we come up with things like balaclavas and yellow marigolds to add to the fun, not to be sinister or deviant in any way.i hope this clears up any doubts about the subbers or what we are trying to achieve.

p.s. don"t think we like the "gay" jibe because we do not want to be attatched to any one group of any persuasion.

yours sometimes disgruntled midland red. ;):cool: :Costumed19: :Party12:

bit harsh midland red, Neo was just wondering what it was all about and seemed keen on donning the yellow marigold once we all knew the plot!

now we know there is no plot, just a barking mad idea, we like it alot!!

I for one will be ensuring I pinch one of my wifes before the next game!!

You sad men.  If you can't see the significance of the sub and the marigolds then get lost. 

You're as bad as those on here who slag off the Wurzels.  You're only interested in uniformity - we're West Country and proud.  We're subbers and proud.

;)  :cool:  :cool:  :D  :)

:Wave:  :Wave:  :Wave:  :Wave:  :Wave:

Nice and friendly. Taking things slightly seriously aren't we?

If you bothered to read the posts carefully you will see that I was merely asking what it is about. Funny enough, your post answers the question.

What is sad is that even though I have said i'm all for a laugh and only intrigued you have to then presume I am against it with your uniformity comment.

As for we're "West Country and proud"; so am I, however, I don't feel insecure enough that I have to tell all and sundry.

As for the Wurzels; they are a barrel of monkey-spunk :D

As for the yellow glove; if I remember next time i'm in a suitable shop, I will get a pair; 1 for me and 1 for my daughter.

Hey Brady Bunch - fair play to you - just getting a bit hot under the collar about all this PC b*******s than sometimes appears on here.

The subbers can be found at the back of the East End, and are especially lively at certain away games (next will be Vale). The name originates from an horrific yellow coach, once hired for away trips (quoting the subber Malagro here - who's appeared in my office and is trying to get me the sack by encouraging me to leave and drink cider in town!). A group of like minded City mad fans whose ages should mean they know better, enjoy drinking, singing and generally arsing about with our tounges firmly in our cheeks not our arses. Along the lines of Man City's inflatable bananas, Grimsby's haddock, we are just trying to inject some fun into supporting City, hoping atmosphere will improve along with performances.

;):cool::cool::D:)

:Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

A group of like minded City mad fans whose ages should mean they know better, enjoy drinking, singing and generally arsing about with our tounges firmly in our cheeks not our arses.  Along the lines of Man City's inflatable bananas, Grimsby's haddock, we are just trying to inject some fun into supporting City, hoping atmosphere will improve along with performances.

;)  :cool:  :cool:  :D  :)

:Wave:  :Wave:  :Wave:  :Wave:  :Wave:

Agreed .We may appear as barking but we are 100% committed(or soon to be !)

We do not tolerate slagging our own players,we're as vocal as hell and yes a bunch of p-takers. As stated the humour is very much tongue in cheek.

I referred to the initial incarnation of the "marigold experience" from the 70's in a previous post,and was that a laugh!

We are definitely not gay although Old spot has a preference for pigs ! :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :Wave:

Ahhh...I see what this yellow subber thingyimajib is all about now! Thanks for the explanation and thanks for asking the question in the first place!!! I considered asking myself but I bottled out, being a typical dyed in the wool old ##rt who can remember when we used proper money and not this decimal rubbish.

SIGH those were the days. Thruppeny bits...ahhhh.. sixpence for your milk teeth.....

We are definitely not gay although Old spot has a preference for pigs ! :Wave:  :Wave:  :Wave:  :Wave:
Women are ok, but you can't be the real thing ;)

This reminds me of my youth; going home with a woman and waking up with apig and a headache the size of peking! :cool:

For a group who seem so intent on fun, there appears to be a lot of seriousness.

The word gay if you are 10 years old means things such as :- you're a bender, you kiss boys, you're a gaylord was always the best.

The word gay in this context was indeed happy. Also, the 3 smilies at the very top of my post was intended to show that it was a bit of fun ALONG with the comment at the top along the lines of "I knew the title would get a response".

I didn't expect to get called a disgrace I must admit; after all, my post has only help to increase the intrigue/interest in this group of fans.

Shame some credit can't be given. I notice the other person getting upset in the other post on this subject has thanked everybody but me for their interest. If I cared, I would be getting upset about now! :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Guest B>reds

That was my first away game after over 10 years of supporting city. I have been to 2 since (sheffield and stockport), but that one was the best crack even though the game up until the goal was dire the atmosphere was great.

Archived