IGNORED

New Shirts

chinapig

Got a call last night (8-15) from Kevin at the Megastore to say next season's shirts have arrived and could be collected. So I can now present my son with his new shirt on Saturday amidst much chuffedness (chuffedosity?!). The non-football side of the Club gets plenty of stick (including from me sometimes) so credit is due for the excellent service. Have to go back next week to get the Premier League lettering put on of course! :fingerscrossed:

Sweeeeeeet, seems they'll be on general sale tomorrow from 9am

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1316904,00.html

From the site;

Replica kit was manufactured well before the close of the normal season 2007/08.

So why this last-minute rush to get it through? Why not tell Puma "If we get to the play-off final we want you packing up them shirts and shipping them from [pick Asian country of manufacture] ASAP". Still, good work from the club.

Odd that back of shirt/short sponsors aren't allowed in the Premier League given the amount of sponsorship everything else has at that level.

I'm very surprised that Bristol Trade Centre are standing for this. They took a punt on City, sponsoring them for all of the 07/08 season. City's biggest game for years and BTC's opportunity to get plastered around Wembley. And the club are effectively closing the door on their shirts.

I'm very surprised that Bristol Trade Centre are standing for this. They took a punt on City, sponsoring them for all of the 07/08 season. City's biggest game for years and BTC's opportunity to get plastered around Wembley. And the club are effectively closing the door on their shirts.

Fair point though the vast majority will be wearing this year's shirt no doubt. My point was less about the early availability and more about the level of service in ringing me at home in the evening to give me the option of picking the shirt up early, which deserves some credit.

I wonder if the new shirt will be on the pitch. Having a global audience, they mite do it to shift a few

BTC probably wouldn't like that too much.

City's 2008/09 home shirt will be on sale in the bcfcmegastore from 9am tomorrow.

I'm confused about this because the online shop is only selling the away kit it seems :P

The fans queing up all night for the tickets the other day think they are hardcore - wll i'm waiting outside the shop at half past 8 till the shop opens for the shirt and i'm not even going to wear a coat! :D

was there many people getting the shirt?

I'm planning on ringing up at lunchtime to see if they have any left and if so popping down there to get one.

(not bothered about wearing it to wembley, but want for my holidays)

There was about 40 i'd say at 9am. Not sure how many shirts they have because they had some on display and then were giving out packaged ones from the back. It's a lovelly shirt and now my dad can wear this seasons one and i'll wear this because he doesn't bother with shirts but wanted one for Wembley!

There was about 40 i'd say at 9am. Not sure how many shirts they have because they had some on display and then were giving out packaged ones from the back. It's a lovelly shirt and now my dad can wear this seasons one and i'll wear this because he doesn't bother with shirts but wanted one for Wembley!

Does the new shirt have "Blackthorn" on the back though - cos obviously this will be out of date if we win on saturday!

Archived