IGNORED

Running Dry (no Alcohol)

oldfield

Simultaneous standing and jumping though?

Can these be done simultaneously? If your jumping, then does that not make it impossible to be standing at the same time? Or does the standing phase between jumps make this a vailid statement? Is it not assumed that you will stand between jumps, thus making this intermediate non airbourne, not propelling against the oppressive force of gravity; will be spent standing? Is it possible to not be standing and jumping? Can you really jump out of your seat? Is it just a phrase used by pundits? If you can jump out of your seats, can you land back in them again??

Actually...I'm not so sure I care anymore

Can these be done simultaneously? If your jumping, then does that not make it impossible to be standing at the same time? Or does the standing phase between jumps make this a vailid statement? Is it not assumed that you will stand between jumps, thus making this intermediate non airbourne, not propelling against the oppressive force of gravity; will be spent standing? Is it possible to not be standing and jumping? Can you really jump out of your seat? Is it just a phrase used by pundits? If you can jump out of your seats, can you land back in them again??

Ok, not simultaneous, synchronised??

Ok guys.

There might be a few coppers at Temple Meads for crowd control. Just make sure you conceal the booze before you get on the train, one ticket collector with 500 people don't stand a chance. However, it's not worth getting arrested over before you get on the train.

It is perfectly safe to stand up on a packed train, but when you want to stand at football its a completely different story.

Wrong.

Take, for example, Clapham Junction accident - 1988.

If the train hadn't been overcrowded with large numbers of people standing, the death toll would have been a lot less.

Football is a lot safer.

Ok guys.

There might be a few coppers at Temple Meads for crowd control. Just make sure you conceal the booze before you get on the train, one ticket collector with 500 people don't stand a chance. However, it's not worth getting arrested over before you get on the train.

Pretty much bang on. Done plenty of journeys from Bristol and/or to London which have included me consuming quantities of alcohol, and never had any authorities on me. Best not to make it obvious if you're drinking, better safe than sorry and all that, but I can't see them enforcing an alcohol ban when every train from 6am onwards will be pack with Ciderheads.

Pretty much bang on. Done plenty of journeys from Bristol and/or to London which have included me consuming quantities of alcohol, and never had any authorities on me. Best not to make it obvious if you're drinking, better safe than sorry and all that, but I can't see them enforcing an alcohol ban when every train from 6am onwards will be pack with Ciderheads.

get one of the party to get the missus to drop them off at newport loaded with natch and get on the train there, no problems then as i doubt there will be coppers on every station and your beer is already on the train.

• Admin
Not sure if this has been posted already but the notice on Bristol Temple Meads says that the trains

on Saturday are DRY, which means no alcohol may be carried or consumed on any trains to or from the match.

sign in booking office there this morning statest the dry trains are those after 1800 departing from Paddington - Dry trains and no alcohol allowed to be taken onto train

Guest DanC
No great surprise. Is 2 hours without alcohol such a serious hardship?
What else is there to do on a train? Drinking on the train is all part of the day out.

Guest pepsi&shirley

If you go right to the very back of the train, open the door, stand right on the edge then jump in the air about a foot you will find out :D

No idea about the bouncing thing but while it was funny on the train back from Charlton the train was really rocking.

Considering these trains go damn quick, the number of people on board and that I don't think they were ever designed for such bouncing- I wouldn't take any risks. Fun day out though it's going to be - I'd save the bouncing for Wembley.

Make sure everyone gets there safely and also imagine the panic if it caused a train to break down. Wouldn't want thousands of Reds stuck in Bristol!

Wrong.

Take, for example, Clapham Junction accident - 1988.

If the train hadn't been overcrowded with large numbers of people standing, the death toll would have been a lot less.

Football is a lot safer.

I was just stating the government thoughts.

Every time i stand on a train i think its a joke that i cant stand up at football.

Well I've already got my four Natch chilling for the journey. May have to consider a ride to Severn Tunnel Junction to avoid the powers that be. No way they're staying at home.

did u get the train i think u might have been by me..

leaved temple meads at 1030 i had red hair u gave me some and then we was on tube together?? or am i confused with someone else

Archived