IGNORED

Drag Out The Quotes...

redsontour

OK, it is time to drag out all those quotes that define what Saturday is all about. The greatest motivational sports coach of all time was a guy called Vince Lombardi who coached the Packers, a couple of them are so very relevent to this game.

To all of us that attended that misserable day in Cardiff 4 years ago, the first one is so apt for what I am looking for this weekend.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

And the second...well just sums up GJ to a tee..

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.

Anyone got any others ?

P.S The first person to say "It's not about life and death, it's more important than that" has to return their ticket to the club!

:englandsmile4wf: this time next year will be millionaires :englandsmile4wf:

After our fabulous victories against Crystal Palace - and to quote the most famous statesman to have ever walked the cobbles of Bristol - our tactics have got to be to......

"Not only strike while the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking." Oliver Cromwell :farmer:

.....Bristol City FC to win 5-1 at Wembley. You Redzzzzz.

"Pressure? Football isn't pressure ....pressure is being in Iraq or Afghanistan and being shot at everyday not playing football and knowing you will still be paid win or lose"

Mr Michael Mcindoe last week when asked by a reporter how he will be coping with the pressure on Saturday

The interviews i've seen of this guy have really impressed me - his attitude is superb (and his football most of the time). Definately someone you would want on your team. I think he's been a real credit to the club this season.

Reading the local websites this morning. This from Adebola says it all to me

"Every season a team seems to come up from the division below and does well. But no-one ever takes them seriously and they have to put up with people telling them they're going to fall at the last hurdle.

"Well, that's not going to happen to us. These guys are not going to fail. The belief here is amazing and every time you knock us down we just get up and come back stronger."

This guy came to us in January and it's like he has been knitted into the city family for years.

doo doo doo dele adebola doo doo doo

Archived