IGNORED

Proud And Excited

lukejones2

So I have finished work for the day, it's 7 o clock and I am about to go and pack my bag before work tomorrow and my flight back, but I just thought I'd try and articulate how I feel first... I don't think I can, but it might help me stop thinking about it and do the washing!

I have NEVER in my whole life been so up for a football match. I don't know if it's because it's been a little while, or because of the magnitude of the occasion... I don't know why but my whole body is on edge. Everything I do is tinged with nerves and excitement and edginess because I just can't get my mind off of the game... I feel almost like I am ready to burst into tears every time I think of how far we have come this last two years... This is alien to me, and I've been watching City for 14 years.

The emotion driving the almost teariness I think, is pride. I am so proud of our lads, the way they have got past their trials and tribulations, the way they have proven themselves to be better than anyone could have given them credit for, the way they have proven themselves to have hearts of lions... I feel like this group of players is my family. I love them, I really do.

It reminds me of a story that Tom Ritchie told me about the '76 team - Alan Dicks once sat the whole squad down because someone had been out of line the night before. He made the whole squad pay fines, and go through punishments until he found out who was the culprit. Nobody told him. Dicks later said that he knew all along who had done it, but that day when the team stuck together he knew he had a promotion winning side. I feel like that about the current team when I see Carey hug Orr... When I hear Murray who has pretty much lost his place, go crazy when we score...

I feel like they are one. I feel like we are one with them. I am just so proud of everything they do, and I know that they feel my joy and my pain... Whatever happens on Saturday, this is a very very very special end to a very very very special couple of seasons and we all need to remember that. I am bubbling very close to the surface, these feelings only really started today and I just know that I won't be the only fan on Saturday letting all my emotion spill out in a series of songs, chants, yells.... it is going to be a cauldron. I hope I never forget this.

Believe. I know we CAN do it, and I hope we will.

It is Friday lunchtime here in Sydney, Australia. I feel the same way! As I write this my emotions are on the boil and I am literally counting down the hours. The whiteboard in the office has been cleared of everything else apart from COME ON YOU REDS. I have had a Bristol City t-shirt on since our victory over Palace. I shall wear it until I collapse in a heap on Sunday night.

I have supported City man and boy; and as a boy had a school boys season ticket, back in the 1970's. This is our biggest game.

I was forty a couple of years ago and my ex wife said to me "Forty eh, in all that time Bristol City have done nothing. Assume you live to eighty, you will never see them do anything." Wrong; again!

I was sat in a pub in Sydney last night and on the big ecreen came a FOX promo for the big game. Before i realised I was out of my seat pointing at the screen.

I can hardly put my feelings down in words. I love Bristol City and they have played such a big part in my life.

I better stop now before i cry. I just have a feeling it is our turn. Carle and Trundle will be on fire. Just like Ritchie and Cheesley.

There will be millions of people watching this game around the world. Kick off is midnight Sydney time.

Right, I need a lie down!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

It is Friday lunchtime here in Sydney, Australia. I feel the same way! As I write this my emotions are on the boil and I am literally counting down the hours. The whiteboard in the office has been cleared of everything else apart from COME ON YOU REDS. I have had a Bristol City t-shirt on since our victory over Palace. I shall wear it until I collapse in a heap on Sunday night.

I have supported City man and boy; and as a boy had a school boys season ticket, back in the 1970's. This is our biggest game.

I was forty a couple of years ago and my ex wife said to me "Forty eh, in all that time Bristol City have done nothing. Assume you live to eighty, you will never see them do anything." Wrong; again!

I was sat in a pub in Sydney last night and on the big ecreen came a FOX promo for the big game. Before i realised I was out of my seat pointing at the screen.

I can hardly put my feelings down in words. I love Bristol City and they have played such a big part in my life.

I better stop now before i cry. I just have a feeling it is our turn. Carle and Trundle will be on fire. Just like Ritchie and Cheesley.

There will be millions of people watching this game around the world. Kick off is midnight Sydney time.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

I watched Clive Whitehead score the winner against Portsmouth. Weeks before that, I was at West Brom when Gerry Sweeney struck the winner just before half-time. I was at Coventry to witness the famous 2-2 draw. I was at Forest when we drew in the League Cup semi. None of those moments compares to how I feel about this match. I'm 4200 miles away, but my heart and thoughts will be in London on Saturday. My wife really doesn't understand any of this.

I have goosebumps already and my mind is not entirely on this case study I'm supposed to writing. All I can think about is kick off and the emotions I will be going through when i see those red boys cross that white line at Wembley to stand shoulder to shoulder and stare destiny right in the face come Saturday night. Over my 28 years of being a fan, I hold my hands up and say I'm guilty of not going to as many games as I could have (always played Saturdays, lived in other areas of the country and now live in Melbourne) but you won't find anybody shouting louder than me in the pub on Saturday night. I have spread the word and done my bit for Bristol City and whatever the result on Saturday I will be proud of what they have achieved.

I registered on otib a while ago but decided to stay a lurker and it's only now and the position we're in I've (like many others) decided to say something about how this whole situation makes me feel. How could I be silent? when all I want to do is shout it out from the rooftops. How can you tell a Spurs, Liverpool or Man Yoo fan how much this means to you, they don't understand.. I very much doubt a Liverpool fan wants them to win the Premier league any more than I want Bristol City completing with the big boys week in week out. Too many years I've been the joke amongst my friends, and win or lose of Saturday I think we finally now have some self respect as a football club, from top to bottom.

I hope we win, I really do. i will do anything to taste that winning feeling, but I hope more that we continue to play the game in the right way and continue to grow as a club where for too long we have been short changed.

Good luck to everyone at BCFC. We will be watching and praying!

Always believe.

I have goosebumps already and my mind is not entirely on this case study I'm supposed to writing. All I can think about is kick off and the emotions I will be going through when i see those red boys cross that white line at Wembley to stand shoulder to shoulder and stare destiny right in the face come Saturday night. Over my 28 years of being a fan, I hold my hands up and say I'm guilty of not going to as many games as I could have (always played Saturdays, in other areas of the country and now live in Melbourne) but you won't find anybody shouting louder than me in the pub on Saturday night. I have spread the word and done my bit for Bristol City and whatever the result on Saturday I will be proud of what they have achieved.

I registered on otib a while ago but decided to stay a lurker and it's only now and the position we're in I've (like many others) decided to say something about how this whole situation makes me feel. How could I be silent? when all I want to do is shout it out from the rooftops. How can you tell a Spurs, Liverpool or Man Yoo fan how much this means to you, they don't understand.. I very much doubt a Liverpool fan wants them to win the Premier league any more than I want Bristol City completing with the big boys week in week out. Too many years I've been the joke amongst my friends, and win or lose of Saturday I think we finally now have some self respect as a football club, from top to bottom.

I hope we win, I really do. i will do anything to taste that winning feeling, but I hope more that we continue to play the game in the right way and continue to grow as a club where for too long we have been short changed.

Good luck to everyone at BCFC. We will be watching and praying!

Always believe.

O.K.then. Further to the thread "CITY FANS IN MELBOURNE" I have tried to contact the Charles Dickens

to absolutely confirm that THE game will be shown, but apparantly the owner has the absolute say on what's screened- and he hasn't surfaced yet (at 3: pm!).

Apparantly there's some scottish happening as well- but as they are the Charles Dickens (not the Robbie Burns!) we should be catered for.

Please let's know if you have more success.

Archived