IGNORED

Evidence Of Daytrippers / Touts?

DeeperRed

Considering that city didn't sell the 2000 allocation for priority groups OR the 1000 on general sale... strikes me that anyone who REALLY wanted to be there and who was able to get to the gate got a ticket. With some to spare.

Considering almost 20,000 tickets were gone in 20 minutes on Sunday, it does leave me wondering how many of those were snaffled by touts (and maybe to a lesser extent, daytrippers).

It's interesting because if we ever find ourselves here again, should we do it differently???

Thoughts?

Considering that city didn't sell the 2000 allocation for priority groups OR the 1000 on general sale... strikes me that anyone who REALLY wanted to be there and who was able to get to the gate got a ticket. With some to spare.

Considering almost 20,000 tickets were gone in 20 minutes on Sunday, it does leave me wondering how many of those were snaffled by touts (and maybe to a lesser extent, daytrippers).

It's interesting because if we ever find ourselves here again, should we do it differently???

Thoughts?

YES

The 1,000 tickets left were the expensive ones, or single seats- perhaps some couldn't afford it?

When you add in travel it does stretch the bank balance for some.

Personally, I know I've upset the fiance because I'm dipping into the mortgage-deposit fund for the trip.

But had I only been able to get a £98 one, I would have had to think about it.*

*pursuade harder, perhaps letting her buy a £150 dress or something.

All i know is, if I didn't get a ticket on Sunday, I would of been waiting for those extra 1000 yesterday overnight to make sure I could go.

Anyone who really wanted to go to this game has no excuse now IMO, the club have offered ways for fans to get them, with a little personal sacrifice

Anyone who really wanted to go to this game has no excuse now IMO, the club have offered ways for fans to get them, with a little personal sacrifice

Other than maybe (1) couldn't genuinely afford it, (2) couldn't genuinely be there for whatever reason? Being skint or in a situation that demands your presence somewhere other than Wembley does not mean you didn't want to be there. I know where you are coming from, but you can't use one brush for all.

Thoughts?

At least means that any touts will have a reduced market in which to sell. I really hope that as 3 o'clock gets nearer these scum are left with handfulls of tickets which they then are forced to sell at less than face value, oh that would be so sweet.

All i know is, if I didn't get a ticket on Sunday, I would of been waiting for those extra 1000 yesterday overnight to make sure I could go.

As said before... It was a limited selection left and how many people can afford to spend £100 on one ticket plus travel so late in the month? I'm lucky i was paid today if not i would be struggling

Others cant just drop what their doing, even for City, i find it hard to understand as well as i would drop anything and pay anything for City but some people just cant

Archived