IGNORED

The Consequences Of Tomorrow

Loderingo

I think today that it finally sunk what tomorrow means, That for the first time in just short of 20 years supporting City we could be in the Prem. I'm not sure I really ever thought it could happen. I mean we all dream but seriously to think we'd be where we are now, 90 mins away from the big league. I remember when Russe and Collier promised us the Prem within 5 years years but got us relegated. I remember when we finished just short of the playoffs with Russell Osman in charge! I remember the excitement of playing Liverpool and Everton in the FA cup and now we could be playing them in the league twice a year. Wow! But I was thinking of some of the other things this would mean:

Being able to watch City on MOTD every single week and not just for the odd cup game.

Being able to select Marvin Elliot and Bradley Orr in my Fantasy Premier League team alongside Ronaldo and Fabregas.

Seeing the likes of Ronaldo and Fabregas step out on the hallowed turf of Ashton Gate

Being able to sing rude chants about Ronaldo and Fabregas from the East End

Seeing Ashton Gate sold out every single week

Leaving all our local rivals behind (Cheerio - Rovers, Cardiff, Swindon)

Being the biggest club for 90 miles in all directions (West Brom would be our new "Derby")

Featuring in the Premier League football supplements that some of the papers do.

Having City games being watched in Japan and Korea - OK they'll probably be supporting Man U but still.

Having City in games like Pro Evo

All we have to do now is go and win! I'm very confident though. Saw this earlier:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1317850,00.html

"Enjoy the day" - that's what teams from the lower leagues say when they play a Prem side in the cup - most of them go on to lose. Also noticed Brown saying that Johnson was a better manager than him. You wouldn't get Johnson saying either of those things! Smells like weakness to me.

Good post!

Being able to Sky+ and keep all City's games thanks to the Football First thing on Sky where you can watch any Prem game after the match.

Being able to click on the "Premier League" link on BBC Sport instead of the Championship

Playing Chelsea and not Swansea

Singing "who are you" to ANYONE we score against

Seeing Bradley Orr & Co. not taking any of Ronaldo's trickery

Being in our rightful place in relation to the Gas (AT LEAST 2 leagues apart!)

Walking around my local town of Reading and smiling at all the car bumper stickers with the word "Premier" on them.

Oh, and it could also mean:

If Bradley Orr behaves, we could qualify for the UEFA cup via the fair-play league. [OK, let's not DREAM, eh Mr Orr?]

Archived