IGNORED

Thanks For A Great Season

Redland

When we went up last year I was worried about whether we would survive in the Championship. I remember our previous promotion when we came straight back down the following season. Up until Christmas I just wanted 50 points to avoid relegation. Yes, I am now disappointed we didn't get automatic promotion. Yes, I am gutted we lost today - particulary after the Millenium experience with Brighton. However don't lose sight of the fact that Gary Johnson and the boys have done us proud and surpassed all expectations. Thanks Gary for all your hard work and for a great season - lets kick on from here!

When we went up last year I was worried about whether we would survive in the Championship. I remember our previous promotion when we came straight back down the following season. Up until Christmas I just wanted 50 points to avoid relegation. Yes, I am now disappointed we didn't get automatic promotion. Yes, I am gutted we lost today - particulary after the Millenium experience with Brighton. However don't lose sight of the fact that Gary Johnson and the boys have done us proud and surpassed all expectations. Thanks Gary for all your hard work and for a great season - lets kick on from here!

TOTALLY AGREE!!! When the final whistle went...yes, I had tears rolling down my cheeks, but still stayed to applaud all the players & GJ for the fantastic season they have given us! :worship2:

Gutted but still believe..always believe!

Roll on next season, automatic anyone?? :city:

Fine words my Sisyphean friend - "The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart."

And next year lets kick that ****in' boulder out of orbit ;-)

Exactly!! If we had struggled this season and stayed up on the last day, like Southampton, we wold have been ecstatic to be playing in the championship next season, obviously we have to look at everything in context and to come so close twice and not go up is gutting, but we have had an immense season and the boys have been briliant!

My tears today were less for the upset ast losing and being in the same league next year (though a bit for that) but more for the pride at what we have achieved as a club this season!!!!

the first game i went to this season was in the pre-season friendlies when a near

full strength city got tonked 4-1 by forest green.

the last game of the season i've been to we've narrowly lost 1-0 in the play off

final at wembley.kind of puts it into perspective.

i,m proud of the lads for all there efforts this season,and i've learnt from gj

to be humble in defeat.

thank you city,i'm proud of you..i hope it's just the beginning

come on you redz

Yeah, have to put things in perspective. In our first season back in the second-tier, we've achieved our highest finish for decades (surrounded by much wealthier and more established clubs) and played some good football along the way.

The contrast with 98-99 couldn't be sharper (when the board spent a lot more money but destablilised the club and we finished bottom).

I'm trying to look at yesterday as a beginning rather than an end and I'm sure GJ and the lads will too.

Archived