IGNORED

Singing Block My A**e

red66

heard before the big game the unofficial singing blocks

were 123-124-125

with others joining in as and when,

was sat in middle of 124

and after many attempts at songs and chants

was told by a policeman to sit down and shut up.

fair play to the city fans who tried to join in,but early in the second half

i gave up trying.

my way of supporting the boys is obviously a lot different to a lot of the crowd today.

see you in the dolman next season,,,,but i doubt it,

i will be the singer at the back....

were 123-124-125

was sat in middle of 124

i gave up trying.

my way of supporting the boys is obviously a lot different to a lot of the crowd today.

singing section was 133-135 actually! :disapointed2se:

were 123-124-125

was sat in middle of 124

i gave up trying.

There were no singing blocks per say as people couldn't pick their seats (for the most part) so it was all fragmented.

in block 547 i was singing my heart out, there was someone in the black away shirt a few rows down from me (about halfway down the block) who was also doing his absolute best to get everyone singing (think he may have had an argument with the bloke sat behind him about it aswell at half time, to which i heard and applauded every word he said) but to no avail for the most part. so if he is on these boards, sir i applaud you.

i was impressed by how big the choruses of Always believe went though!

I was in 530 and found it loud in patches but obviously becuse all of our fans were so far apart you wouldn't know what others were singing half of the time. I always find it funny though when these people always compare with with the eastend yes it's easier the stand is small and has great acoustics and at the palace game I aw sin the ateyo and the middle block sang most of the game and didn't really hear the eastend exceplt from the away supporters anywho...

what actually happened then? as the whole thing just didn't happen

everyone did their best where they were trying to get the rest of their block behind the boys, we did get it working aswell for the most part.

Was in block 551 and sang a loud as I could, unfortunately my voice went after 20mins!!!!!!!!

I didn't think the atmosphere was that bad though tbh.

Agreed. I was in the same block and I thought there was a good effort and we were louder then Hull for most of the game.

On a sort of related issue, how thick is your average City fan?

Introducing the "Who can make more noise competition" BCFC style :-

City first; loud nearly got to the red area on the screen. Hull fans deafly silent throughout.

Hull next; quieter from their fans but sound nearly doubled and hits the red zone as a majority of City fans decide a loud boo would help our chances.

DUH !

I was more shocked at how quickly our fans left at the end........it was a disgrace!

WHen the players walked around the applauding our "fans", most pf our end of the ground was empty. After all the hard work those guys put in this year, I thought more would have hung around to show their appreciation.

TYPICAL REALLY

Everytime i stood up an sang had some idiot behind me poking me in the back an telling me to sit down. What do people expect when they go to a football game? I only stood up a few times at one stage the middle age numpty even grapped me by the shirt. Was clearly a part-timer really annoys me how people ruin your day like that!

Everytime i stood up an sang had some idiot behind me poking me in the back an telling me to sit down. What do people expect when they go to a football game? I only stood up a few times at one stage the middle age numpty even grapped me by the shirt. Was clearly a part-timer really annoys me how people ruin your day like that!

average home attendance 16275

wembley attendance >38000 city "fans"

always going to happen aint it !

i heard one bloke say "whos that" about 3 times when we had the ball

so singing / chanting is always going to confuse that kind of "fan"

:protest::protest::protest:

singing section was 133-135 actually! :disapointed2se:

so very sorry ann,

occasion and alcohol got me yesterday,

meant 133-134-135,was in middle of 134

crap atmosphere,

few fans shook my hand on the way out and

said thanks for trying.but i thought i was wasting

my time for some reason.

ps does anyone know of any none singers swapping out

of this section???

I was trying my best to get it going in Block 549 row 3 i was in, seemed to get a good few chants going, nothing compared to the Eastend though and it should've been seeing as we were at wembley.

problem with getting the eastenders together was the ticket system as it did not let you choose which block

you wanted plus the 2 tickets each we were on a loser for atmosphere the eastenders way...

Swapping tickets was a complete bloody waste of time. Only consolation would be if Jon (and his dad) enjoyed it in row one block 124 (or whichever one it was).

Block 133 - could have been in the williams stand. Whistle goes for start of game, my son and I are standing, arms aloft in the middle of a song, poke in the back, turn round and every other ****** is sitting down. Just could not believe that. Funny now I think about it, but at the time didnt seem very amusing.

Probably my own fault. I had visions of the EE and away atmos like at CP. Never going to happen in a place like wembley. Fair play to those involved in the forum for trying to get singers and standers together - impossible task once tickets have started to go on sale.

Bring on scaggy, cold, wet, packed away ends with minimal stewarding and decent access to the home fans for forthright exchanges of views - I love it! :englandsmile4wf:

Archived