IGNORED

A Little Bit Of Perspective

bcfc_sandhurst

Having read through most of the whining and complaining and bitterness that people decided to come and watch City for one day, can people not look beyond the fact that we are growing as a club - even if we get day trippers. Like you I was frustrated that people wouldn't get up and sing - especially after Hull's goal (people near me actually said 'Well that's game over now, no point singing!'. In the light of it all though our club has massive potential in comparison to others and rather then self-proclaim about being 'super'fans' who have done this, that and the other - the fact that our boys will have a guaranteed 12K supporters at home matches next season is fantastic, and though kids annoy me - a trip to Wembley will hopefully get some more back at AG so future generations support this club and get it where it belongs.

In terms of the game, yes it was hard to take defeat after being that close - there is something about seeing 40K Hull fans cheering and celebrating right infront of your eyes (it felt very deja vu, albeit it with gold, black and tigery - not blue, white and seagully), but like us, the players will be hurting knowing what may have been and I have very faith that when they get back for pre-season training - Gary will get out his white board and marker pens and simply set his aim for season 08/09 as 'Automatic Promotion' to avoid the pain experience on May 24th.

Looking back its been simply awesome and I'd much rather experience some pain along the way, than be mediocrity on being 14th all season. All joking aside, people did genuinely think that we could be experiencing relegation pain at the start of the season, don't know about you but I'd rather experience play-off defeat pain - it gives us an amazing platform to build on come season start.

There have been some happy memories too, Trundle's two goals against S****horpe, beating Coventry (then top) 3-0 away and it made people sit up and take notice, Marvin being unstoppable before Xmas Who will ever forget the two palace legs - that was a season of entertainment in 2 matches!! And yes there has been lows, Leicester and Plymouth at home, Southampton away - but it is all behind us now and with Johnson at the helm of this club we will get another chance, we will buy wisely in the summer and add the depth that we have missed this year.

In conclusion, the dream bubble that the media and we ourselves built pre-match has burst, maybe its harder to accept as we had made such a big thing about it and got caught up in, 'Ronaldo at AG' etc, but if Wigan, Reading and Portsmouth can get to the Premier League, there is no reason that Bristol City can't get there either. Imagine my friends, having a new season to welcome a new stadium too - the re-bith of an Ashton fortress, may be the re-birth of a top flight Bristol City side.

Archived