IGNORED

A Hull Fan's Perspective

tombcfc

Being a student at Birmingham Uni I left Wembley on the same train as the majority of Hull fans from Wembley Stadium Station. As I stood there in the queue, trying not to bring too much attention to myself in my City shirt, and on the train all the way back to Birmingham (where some exiled fans lived) I overheard what many of them thought of the game.

Firstly they thought Adebola was a menace, their defenders didnt really know what o do with him and he ran his socks off. If he can keep that up as he gets older he'l be an asset next season.

Secondly they thought Nick Carle was our best player and were impressed by the chance where he "fakeshoted" which went just wide. Personaly I don't think Carle was as incisive of full of energy as usual, but he's obviously a talented player.

Finaly they seemed quite worried about next year, for both our clubs, I heard several conversations saying how we would struggle in the championship (although how many times have we heard that this season?). They thought their chances in the Premier League were slim but quite a few of them seemed to also be Arsenal fans so were just looking forward to visiting the Emerites!!!!

This was all I could gather from what seemed to me were conversations almost in a different language.

I'l see you all down Gate next season

Being a student at Birmingham Uni I left Wembley on the same train as the majority of Hull fans from Wembley Stadium Station. As I stood there in the queue, trying not to bring too much attention to myself in my City shirt, and on the train all the way back to Birmingham (where some exiled fans lived) I overheard what many of them thought of the game.

Firstly they thought Adebola was a menace, their defenders didnt really know what o do with him and he ran his socks off. If he can keep that up as he gets older he'l be an asset next season.

Secondly they thought Nick Carle was our best player and were impressed by the chance where he "fakeshoted" which went just wide. Personaly I don't think Carle was as incisive of full of energy as usual, but he's obviously a talented player.

Finaly they seemed quite worried about next year, for both our clubs, I heard several conversations saying how we would struggle in the championship (although how many times have we heard that this season?). They thought their chances in the Premier League were slim but quite a few of them seemed to also be Arsenal fans so were just looking forward to visiting the Emerites!!!!

This was all I could gather from what seemed to me were conversations almost in a different language.

I'l see you all down Gate next season

Think they had a lot more daytrippers than us, travelled from norwich then l.street was all hull didnt see a city shirt till wembley way. Very strange on tube back as i say all hull, but not one chant, smile etc, very weird was hard pressed to think who had won.

one hull fan, obviously not a regular supporter started a conversation on tube with me that went...

Great Goal wasnt it?

"Can we have this conversation in a couple of years as don't wanna talk about it"

Do you want a hull flag

"NO!"

Do you think the headline tommorrow will be local lad gets winner?

SILENCE

Regular hull fan looking embaressed turns to me and says sorry mate, you can see how things kick off

Happy travelling next year to all, the adventures continue.

Archived