IGNORED

Just Watched The Higlights On Sky

CiderSomerset

And I cant work out how the hell we didnt score! We were all over them in the second half.

The lads certainly gave their all, cant ask for any more than that.

Automatic promotion next season. :fingerscrossed:

No Cutting Edge

Could have played all day and all night and we still wouldn't have scored

McIndoe and Sproule were too central, and we just hoofed it into a crowded penalty area. When they stay wide and we play the ball on the deck, we are a lot more dangerous.

Exactly right. With no one wide asking for the ball, there was no option other than hoofing it...

What cost us promotion cost us the game.

No pace up front and no width & creativity.

For the second season we've done very well inspite of our strikers and not because of them.

As soon as went 3-4-3 & hoofed it with McIndoe doing his romany bit I knew we'd blown it.

Possession may well be 9/10ths of the law but possession alone won't win a football match.

What cost us promotion cost us the game.

No pace up front and no width & creativity.

For the second season we've done very well inspite of our strikers and not because of them.

As soon as went 3-4-3 & hoofed it with McIndoe doing his romany bit I knew we'd blown it.

Possession may well be 9/10ths of the law but possession alone won't win a football match.

I'd agree with that, although it does bode well that I could have seen that mach turning our way if we had a forward (or forward pairing) with the guile and/or experience of Windass/Campbell.

Watching with an Aberdeen fan, a Man United fan and a Hibernian fan they were all impressed with the general standard of the team, but noted that the difference between the sides was Hull's ability to attack with less men i.e. Windass and Campbell could put us on the back foot all on their own, while Adebola and Trundle required too much support/time to fashion goal scoring chances.

I hope we can look to the market now and find that missing piece, as well as one or two more to bolster the squad. We should be proud that we got to within 90 mins of the Premier League using the least number of players in the division (just 26 I believe) but next year we must look to have the resources to avoid the dip that cost us a top two place. Playoffs again should be the aim for me.

Another tough central midfielder plus another left footed left winger (I'm interested to see if JMW has improved enough to get a chance), another right-sided midfielder who can beat his man and, of course, an overhaul of the forward line should give us that chance again next year. For me only Adebola really deserves another year, although my gut also says Trundle might be better next season after struggling this time out and a Steve Brooker with a full preseason behind him may also be an asset (but that could be misty-eyed sentimentality talking...).

I was praying we'd make a move for Sam Volkes as I think he has something special about him, but that ship has sailed now. Maynard is the other young goal scorer who might be able to help us net a few more next campaign, but he'll will be on every club's shopping list and I don't expect us to be able to attact him over others who may be interested. He'll cost the world too.

Noel Hunt of Dundee United would exactly the type of player I'd hope we will be in for and with his club missing out on europe this season I'd expect he'd not be adverse to a move down south (money and international prospects being the motivations).

I know for a fact that we were looking Ross McCormack from Motherwell, although I also know he is now staying due to their impressive season and qualification for europe. This may change if Mark Magee goes to Hearts, but it is his belief that exposure to european football will better enhance his international ambitions than a move to England right now.

I know for a fact that we were looking Ross McCormack from Motherwell, although I also know he is now staying due to their impressive season and qualification for europe. This may change if Mark Magee goes to Hearts, but it is his belief that exposure to european football will better enhance his international ambitions than a move to England right now.

If I remember rightly, Ross McCormack signed a pre-contract agreement with Wigan in January.

I agree with what you're saying. He'd have been a great signing. Noel Hunt is an interesting one. He's a good player, who may be swayed to leave. He had a great season at United.

I still think if we're signing a striker from Scotland, we should look no further than Derek Riordan. He'd score a hell of a lot of goals. Steven Fletcher at Hibs would be great but would cost far too much.

Of course there's a striker at Aberdeen who's played well this season called Lee Miller. :igiveup:

If I remember rightly, Ross McCormack signed a pre-contract agreement with Wigan in January.

I agree with what you're saying. He'd have been a great signing. Noel Hunt is an interesting one. He's a good player, who may be swayed to leave. He had a great season at United.

I still think if we're signing a striker from Scotland, we should look no further than Derek Riordan. He'd score a hell of a lot of goals. Steven Fletcher at Hibs would be great but would cost far too much.

Of course there's a striker at Aberdeen who's played well this season called Lee Miller. :igiveup:

From what I understand he's not signed with anyone yet.

A gent I work with is good friends with David Clarkson and although he is not tight with Ross himself is aware of developments at the club. He brought up the City connection (that tallies with Millen and GJ watching SPL games this season) and also mentioned that Magee called all the team in for a special meeting friday morning, the nature of which was unknown to the players with whom he is close. Could be instructions to ignore the Hearts rumours or a fairwell he guesses.

Archived