IGNORED

The Last Time

tin

Yesterday was the last time I'm going to go to a major final with the City.

I swapped my tickets before the game for this supposed singing section and within a minute of kick off a part timer was poking me telling me to 'shut up' and 'sit down'. The biggest game in our club's history and he's wanting to kick off in the first minute.

A hardy band of us tried in vain all through the game to get something going but the atmosphere was truely dreadful. At least Hull's 'fake' contingent were willing to make some genuine noise to back the team, but not ours. I'd have much rather been in with 18,000 genuine fans who knew the songs and wanted to back the lads over the line.

But it isn't all about atmosphere, yesterday was also the fourth major final I've seen City in - Stoke, Carlisle, Brighton and Hull - and this feeling of disappointment is just all too familiar. Carlisle was the only game we've come away with anything and I didn't feel part of that because I flew back from Oz a few hours before that game so couldn't take it in properly.

I can't take coming away from these occasions being totally gutted and seeing the opposition fans dancing in delight anymore. I know I shouldn't be saying this because I never expected us to be in this position in August but as McIndoe says 'losing in the play-off final is like finishing 21st'.

I'm probably saying this in the heat of the moment but my support for City will still be 100% home and away until the next showpiece final comes around because I don't want to be put through the mill again and I don't want to be surrounded by fans who on the whole don't share my passion for the club that I do.

Rant over.

Tin - I think in such a large stadium it is sometimes difficult to feel the atmosphere - for me I thought the atmosphere was pretty good - we certainly outsung Hull for the first 20 minutes or so and kept going even after their goal - second half was a little flat but overall thought it quite good.

I swapped my tickets before the game for this supposed singing section and within a minute of kick off a part timer was poking me telling me to 'shut up' and 'sit down'. The biggest game in our club's history and he's wanting to kick off in the first minute.

A hardy band of us tried in vain all through the game to get something going but the atmosphere was truely dreadful. At least Hull's 'fake' contingent were willing to make some genuine noise to back the team, but not ours. I'd have much rather been in with 18,000 genuine fans who knew the songs and wanted to back the lads over the line.

But it isn't all about atmosphere, yesterday was also the fourth major final I've seen City in - Stoke, Carlisle, Brighton and Hull - and this feeling of disappointment is just all too familiar. Carlisle was the only game we've come away anything and I didn't feel part of that because I flew back from Oz a few hours before that game so couldn't take it in properly.

I can't take coming away from these occasions being totally heartbroken and seeing the opposition fans dancing in delight anymore. I know I shouldn't be saying this because I never expected us to be in this position in August but as McIndoe says 'losing in the play-off final is like finishing 21st'.

I'm probably saying this in the heat of the moment but my support for City will still be 100% home and away until the next showpiece final comes around because I don't want to be put through the mill again and I don't want to be surrounded by fans who on the whole don't share my passion for the club that I do.

Rant over.

Then when we do eventually claim the major prize, you will have missed out.

If you follow City home and away, forget this daft disappoint thing and follow till the bitter end.

I was as upset as anyone yesterday, but that will never stop me...never.

But it isn't all about atmosphere, yesterday was also the fourth major final I've seen City in - Stoke, Carlisle, Brighton and Hull - and this feeling of disappointment is just all too familiar. Carlisle was the only game we've come away anything and I didn't feel part of that because I flew back from Oz a few hours before that game so couldn't take it in properly.

I can't take coming away from these occasions being totally heartbroken and seeing the opposition fans dancing in delight anymore. I know I shouldn't be saying this because I never expected us to be in this position in August but as McIndoe says 'losing in the play-off final is like finishing 21st'.

Rant over.

Heat of the moment. I know what you mean but it's just one of those things. Had we won you wouldn't have missed it for the world. Perhaps in future years an area for singers will be possible. To be honest I felt the noise from both ends was pretty even and pretty good (for a final). I know it's not back to back singing and dancing but at the end of the day it was still 38,000 people in City colours. A lot has been said about those jumping on the bandwagon - but I don't want them to jump off but to join us, stay on board no matter what.

Heat of the moment. I know what you mean but it's just one of those things. Had we won you wouldn't have missed it for the world. Perhaps in future years an area for singers will be possible. To be honest I felt the noise from both ends was pretty even and pretty good (for a final). I know it's not back to back singing and dancing but at the end of the day it was still 38,000 people in City colours. A lot has been said about those jumping on the bandwagon - but I don't want them to jump off but to join us, stay on board no matter what.

I agree Pete, it'd just be nice if these people didn't walk away because we lost but bothered to learn the songs and back the team even further in the future. I doubt that'll happen though because we've lost and these people will drift until the next major final - City or Rovers.

The incident with this chap poking me in the first minute is the main reason for my post. I simply could not believe it.

Great day out ruined by certain people and the result.

Tin what block were you in?

I was at the back of the bottom teir, block 130 and the atmosphere was very good.

Constant signing throughout

Back of 135. There was about ten of us spread out and around 6 of us in one row who were willing to sing. The rest simply couldn't be bothered until a seasoned classic like 'Come on you Reds' came round.

Guest MaloneFM

Totally heartbroken?

Young man when one of your parents dies you are allowed to feel such depths of despair.

Its football. Remember?

Chin up young 'un :)

My 42 years of following City have been steeped in disappointment so I should be used to it.....It still hurts and spare a thought for me, I was at the Hull end with corporate seats!

Still sang, shouted and had some banter.

Big crowd, Big Disappointment could be the title of a song written about City over the years so just go with the flow because the only thing for sure is that the one time you don't go it'll be another game like when we beat Bolton 3-0 and at least this is our 7th trip to Wembley in 22 years so we're quite regular!

Bristol City don't have 38,000 fans-We have a hard core ST following of about 7/8,000 that's increased to 12,000 on the back of regular POD's getting ST's to save money and about 2,000 who gambled on us making the Prem.

The way the tickets were distribued was pants and like minded individuals were never going to be afforded the opportunity to sit together.

That's why I'm all for safe standing areas although I'll never stand at a game unless I have to.

Keep the faith and as the song goes "We'll be back again next year!"

Totally heartbroken?

Young man when one of your parents dies you are allowed to feel such depths of despair.

Its football. Remember?

i know what you mean, my mum has had a serious illness but was well enough to go yesterday, it was hard work for her and was tired at the end but she enjoyed her day she said, which meant the world to us, football isn't everything at the end of the day.

Rant over.

Same here Tin. I'm totally gutted today, am getting texts from loads of twisted ones, and cant be assed to reply.

Same here Tin. I'm totally gutted today, am getting texts from loads of twisted ones, and cant be assed to reply.

I turned my phone off as soon as the final whistle went Arn. Still haven't turned it on. Don't want to know.

I think whats got to me is that this season has been brilliant. Full of positivity and belief. When we went 8 league games unbeaten (first 8) we were all delighted but perhaps many of us thought it would never last. Then midway through the season we were still in and around the top two places, we actually started to believe we could achieve something incredible. Belief has been a major part of this clubs success this season, and all season we have been DELIGHTED with our beloved teams progress so to fall at the last hurdle with such a huge prize at stake is gut wrenching.

Of course I am bitterly dissapointed with the result, but I will get through knowing I have my seat guarenteed at the Gate next season as I will once again give the lads 110% of my support.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

CITY LEAGUE CHAMPIONS SEASON 08/09 :englandsmile4wf:

I felt the same Tins, but give it a week or two and we will all be looking forward to next season and taking up the challenge again. I said after the Brighton game I couldnt go through that again, but I was there yesterday and wouldnt have missed it for the world.

A new season will be on us soon, and new expectations. If its anything like this season then it will be another cracker!

Be nice to meet up before the first game of the season and have a few beers!

i know what you mean, my mum has had a serious illness but was well enough to go yesterday, it was hard work for her and was tired at the end but she enjoyed her day she said, which meant the world to us, football isn't everything at the end of the day.

Echo that, my father has been very ill and this year has been very difficult for him and the family. He always wanted to go to the old Wembley and he's done that with City and now the new Wembly again with City.

Seeing him enjoy the occasion and the fantastic stadium sobers slightly my feeling of dissapointment but I wouldn't have wished to miss the memories and the photo's of us together inside and outside of the stadium.

And no my father wasn't a day tripper, he has followed the fortunes of City since a school mate who he used to play in the same school teams at Trowbridge High School made it to the big time - a certain P J Ateyo . He is actualy in a team photo that was published in the recent John Ateyeo book "Ateyo - The Hero Next Door".

i was in block 130 and meand some other guy tried constantly to start songs just wasnt working

Myself and my two sons sang our hearts out only to be looked at like we came from another planet! We were at the top of block 141. It was the twelfth man we lacked. But we will be back next season all singing all dancing. These people who prefer peace and quiet should stick to visiting the library!

Archived