IGNORED

Players To Leave

gater2

Basso, Weale

Orr, McAllister, Ribeiro (+one full back)

Carey, McCombe, Fontaine, Vasko

Elliott, Johnson, Carle, Noble,

Sproule, McIndoe, Plummer (+ one attacking midfielder/winger)

Brooker, Trundle (+ two new strikers)

My worry is that we may lose some of the players above - in particular Basso and McIndoe, who are both ambitious and in the case of Basso time is running out.

That looks pretty spot on to me, the only thing i would question is Brooker. Whilst he may have come into his own on his loan spell, he is still too much of an injury liability to be reliable

We also need a touch more pace in the midfield, Sproule isn't enough.

I can't tell if people are telling the truth or being sarcastic in half of these posts.

I reckon Enoch would be worth hanging onto. Hell of a tough player to mark, and scored some vital goals this year. Also, how many players bossed Danny Shittu about this year? Only Enoch I bet.

He only started doing that with 5 minutes to go yesterday and played poorly against Palace in the second leg. He can have good games but is way too inconsistent for me. Coventry fans seemed to have the same opinion when he left them. Also Strange to see a professional striker without any sort of power in his shot. That went for Trundle too yesterday. Sometimes you want to see Strikers absolutely leather the ball but both seemed reluctant.

Anyway, I've got my first season ticket for next season and I can't wait. Lets get two quality strikers and a solid left back in.

If adebola could hold a ball up we would not have lost yesterday.

Personally I would release/sell:

Showunmi

Keogh

Russell

Vasko

Betsy

Byfield

Murray

Artus

+ The other academy kids who haven't even come close to the 1st team (keep Ribeiro & Plummer though)

This should then help to free up enough space to bring in:

Left-Back - McAllister's OK but if we're looking to progress I would see him as a 'weak' link

Right-Wing - Despite more signings than anyother position (Sproule,Betsy & Wilson) we still resorted to a central midfielder playing there for our biggest ever game, personally would love to see Cotterill back.

Two Strikers - Any combination of Eastwood, Sharp, Garner, Maynard or Paterson would be very nice and in competion with Brooker, Trundle & Adebola would mean we have plenty of competition.

In addition to this I would like to see GJ use Myrie-Williams, Ribeiro and Plummer much more next season especially Ribeiro as we're going to have to find a Carey replacement within the next couple of years.

Brookers imjurys seemed to have cleared up since cheltenham loan spell.Skuse is young and already a good player. Perhaps loan next season but one to hold onto

Two sub appearances-one goal-one start-injured since :noexpression: Sorry and I'm a fan but we're in Lee Mathews territory now and it's time to go.Cole Skuse is a useful player but won't get games unless Elliott's injured and we need to be signing far better players for a promotion push like Brian Howard & Ben Watson-compare them to Skuse.......in fact compare them to any of our central midfielders.

what i think is.

byfield - maybe a 1year contract see how he gets on-Going

Showumni - going-Yup

Betsy - Going-Has a year left on his contract-poor signing

Skuse- probally would leave but be good to keep hold of him-We need better.

Brooker- not had the best year or so but he is a good player should keep him No good when he's injured and that's 98% of the time.

Keogh- going doest want a new contract-Yup

Russel - going probally to a leage 2 side-Out of contract & leaving.

Murray - defo be within a coaching role to the youth team-Leaving as well-Phil Thompson was a great player for Liverpool but he doesn't get a game now

Adebolas got to go!! he is useless he brings nothing to our game at all.

Six goals-That's one more that Trundle in less than half the games.He holds it up well but needs pace alongsode him not to mention goals.

I feel we still have the best to come from Ivan aswell :fingerscrossed:

About time and I hope you're right.

Will Vasko be offered a new contract or sent back from his loan. Hasn't played an awful lot of games this season.

Can't see it happening.Would be a fine player in a three but not a flat back four.

If adebola could hold a ball up we would not have lost yesterday.

He can, did and won a lot in the air.Regretfully, we never supported him and aimles clumps up the field didn't help.Not the greatest striker but at about £200k, he's better VFM than Trundle, Sproule or Carle at £2m.

Archived