IGNORED

One Leroy Lita Short Of Auto

nester

Hi y'all, it's sunday lunchtime and I've just got back from wembley having fallen asleep on the train (too much cider)and having to spend the night in Birmingham.

What can we say apart from what a fantastic season it's been. And I reckon we were one Leroy Lita from automatic promotion.

Also really good atmosphere and sing-song before the game and city def out-supported the hull around the ground.

ah well ... next season here we come.

• Admin
Leroy Lita did nothing at Charlton and if GJ wasn't so picky with personalities (which disqualifies a big headed loser like Lita) we'd have been nowhere near anyway.

I'd like a striker with pace just not him.

Wouldn't mind taking a punt on McLean from Peterborough.

Wouldn't mind taking a punt on McLean from Peterborough.

He'd cost around £3m from what I've heard.

It has to be two from Maynard (Crewe), Webber (Sheff Utd), Murphy (Sunderland) or some foreign gem GJ's got lined up.

• Admin

It has to be two from Maynard (Crewe), Webber (Sheff Utd), Murphy (Sunderland) or some foreign gem GJ's got lined up.

So around the same amount we should make from yesterday's gate receipts.

Also worth remembering Lita will almost certainly move back to the Prem this Summer, possibly for around £5m which would net us another £1m.

Then we have an extra 3000 season ticket holders compared to last Summer where the board sanctioned around £2m of spending.

We're actually in a pretty decent position as a club financially right now.

Also worth remembering Lita will almost certainly move back to the Prem this Summer, possibly for around £5m which would net us another £1m.

Then we have an extra 3000 season ticket holders compared to last Summer where the board sanctioned around £2m of spending.

I think our profile has been raised sufficiently enough to attract some of the best Championship players to City. Anyone know The Gypo's situation at Wolves? I would love to see him lashing the goals home at The Gate. Same goes for Billy Sharp.

SteveL said that a 15k gate average would break us even on the wage bill. We spent ~£3m on transfers so he was looking at a loss of about that size.

We got 16.2k average and the playoffs and wembley cash which I'd guess might just about cover that loss.

I suspect the Lita fee will be substantially less than £5m cos he had a shit season and has only a year left but we should still see some money.

I think we'll see money available for transfers but I doubt we will be signing any player costing anywhere near what will be asked for Mclean and Maynard.

I'm not too bothered about that because I don't find either particularly convincing and I don't think they're value for money. I'd like to see GJ look abroad for strikers, buying them in the UK seems bad business unless you can get a cheap young gem like Vokes who we missed out on by getting into the playoff final ironically.

I think our profile has been raised sufficiently enough to attract some of the best Championship players to City. Anyone know The Gypo's situation at Wolves? I would love to see him lashing the goals home at The Gate. Same goes for Billy Sharp.

personally don't rate Eastwood at this level, hasn't done much.

either way, he's still likely to be going to Coventry for £1.5m

Peterborough have said will only let him go to a team in the Premier League when charlton were showing interest in janurary. Its not like they have to sell either with there chairman being loaded, so would be after more than 3mil if he was to go.

Possibly. But be that as it may, I can't see GJ obliterating our transfer record for someone who's untried at this level and massively overpriced. Still, things change.

I reckon we could get Maynard for around the £1m mark with a sell on.

Why? They got £2m for Varney and rate Maynard more highly. The sold Varney in order to keep him.

Are Crewe under pressure to sell?

What about the Aussie lad in our youth team and reserves? I've seen snippets of him and he looks class. Woulld resigning Heffernan be a bad thing? He knows where the net is.

Why? They got £2m for Varney and rate Maynard more highly. The sold Varney in order to keep him.

Crewe normally need to sell one of their starlets a season to balance their books so Maynard will go whatever happens this summer.

With him being injured and only playing a handful of games this season he won't be as expensive as Varney purely because a lot of people were talking about him this time last year which enabled Crewe to create almost an auction style sale.

Given his contract runs out in two years, I reckon we could get him for a similar sort of deal that took Leroy to Reading a few seasons back. That's only my assumption though.

What about the Aussie lad in our youth team and reserves? I've seen snippets of him and he looks class. Woulld resigning Heffernan be a bad thing? He knows where the net is.

I haven't seen the youth or reserve teams this season. I think if any of them were near they'd be making the bench at least though?

Always liked Heffernan but I'm not sure about him at this level. We could do worse certainly.

Crewe normally need to sell one of their starlets a season to balance their books so Maynard will go whatever happens this summer.

With him being injured and only playing a handful of games this season he won't be as expensive as Varney purely because a lot of people were talking about him this time last year which enabled Crewe to create almost an auction style sale.

Given his contract runs out in two years, I reckon we could get him for a similar sort of deal that took Leroy to Reading a few seasons back. That's only my assumption though.

Well I suppose if you don't ask you don't get. Wouldn't surprise me to see a panicky club with money come in and pay £2-3m for him (QPR, Fulham, Watford, Charlton).

Well I suppose if you don't ask you don't get. Wouldn't surprise me to see a panicky club with money come in and pay £2-3m for him (QPR, Fulham, Watford, Charlton).

If you don't buy a lottery ticket you can't win.

as soneone else said, Crewe need to sell someone normally each season.

much has been made of the price for Varney and what they would want for Maynard.

personally, I've always seen Varney as a much more of a complete forward with more than just a goal scorring record, as opposed to Maynard who is a pacy goalscorer.

whether this makes this him go for more or less i don't know, but I reckon he's obviously worth a look and should be available for £1.5m-ish

if we had gone up i think we should have gambled on lita this summer with the extra money (after all how many young english player who have scored goals at prem level woould really want to come to city)

now that we know we are staying in the championship i don't think hes worth the risk

Archived