IGNORED

To All Those Jumping On The Bandwagon

Percy Parrot

I hope that all those who have "jumped on the bandwagon" stay on board!

Of course there are many annoying things about them - they only come for the big games, to see Wembley, don't sing or know who half the players are. BUT as long as everyone who really wanted a ticket got one then I hope the "hangers on" stay hanging on.

To be honest I don't think that many people there yesterday were day trippers. Of course some were but for such a huge game I am sure we could take 25-30,000 "real fans" anyway. Yes the rest would have been made up by others - but I'd rather they came than having 8,000 empty seats.

But my main point is this - rather than throwing vitriol the way of day trippers (at the end of the day are they actually doing anything THAT wrong - they have decided to go to a big game. I have been to cup semi-finals and various other games that are non-City) I'd rather hope that many of them will have enjoyed yesterday and got the bug.

I hope that they come back again and again. I hope that they learn the players and learn the songs. I hope they'll help us make Ashton Gate full EVERY week (something we desperately need to do if we're to compete long term). I hope that they will come along when we get the new stadium because if we have 30,000 seats we need to be getting as many people as possible in there.

Some people are City because of their family - many are not. And those have to start somewhere. I first became a City fan in 1990 when, as a young lad, I became aware of football teams other than Liverpool, Spurs and Man United simply because of the promotion run in. Those were big games and though I didn't attend any of them they were what made me City. Our own chairman started somwhere.

I know many many people who brought to a game by a mate, saw the Liverpool game or some other moment that got them hooked.

So if all those "day trippers" caught the bug yesterday and come back again then bloody brilliant. I'd love it if we could get 38,000 fans watching us at home every game.

Fellow fans - welcome the nutters of tomorrow.

Day-trippers - welcome to the stupid amazing painful brilliant strange existence we lead. You've got some amazing moments ahead of you with City.

Together guys - onwards and upwards.

We all start somewhere so welcome to the BCFC brotherhood. We'll teach you what you need to know and together we'll change the world.

I hope that all those who have "jumped on the bandwagon" stay on board!

Of course there are many annoying things about them - they only come for the big games, to see Wembley, don't sing or know who half the players are. BUT as long as everyone who really wanted a ticket got one then I hope the "hangers on" stay hanging on.

To be honest I don't think that many people there yesterday were day trippers. Of course some were but for such a huge game I am sure we could take 25-30,000 "real fans" anyway. Yes the rest would have been made up by others - but I'd rather they came than having 8,000 empty seats.

But my main point is this - rather than throwing vitriol the way of day trippers (at the end of the day are they actually doing anything THAT wrong - they have decided to go to a big game. I have been to cup semi-finals and various other games that are non-City) I'd rather hope that many of them will have enjoyed yesterday and got the bug.

I hope that they come back again and again. I hope that they learn the players and learn the songs. I hope they'll help us make Ashton Gate full EVERY week (something we desperately need to do if we're to compete long term). I hope that they will come along when we get the new stadium because if we have 30,000 seats we need to be getting as many people as possible in there.

Some people are City because of their family - many are not. And those have to start somewhere. I first became a City fan in 1990 when, as a young lad, I became aware of football teams other than Liverpool, Spurs and Man United simply because of the promotion run in. Those were big games and though I didn't attend any of them they were what made me City. Our own chairman started somwhere.

I know many many people who brought to a game by a mate, saw the Liverpool game or some other moment that got them hooked.

So if all those "day trippers" caught the bug yesterday and come back again then bloody brilliant. I'd love it if we could get 38,000 fans watching us at home every game.

Fellow fans - welcome the nutters of tomorrow.

Day-trippers - welcome to the stupid amazing painful brilliant strange existence we lead. You've got some amazing moments ahead of you with City.

Together guys - onwards and upwards.

We all start somewhere so welcome to the BCFC brotherhood. We'll teach you what you need to know and together we'll change the world.

The club will need some extra people to help make our new stadium look full..... so I agree.

Archived