IGNORED

Wide Player/winger Please Explain

riddlesdown red

When Sproule came on after 70 mins within 5 mins he had skinned his man and for once got around the back and put in a dangerous ball which was only just cleared. Having seen that the team constantly tried to thread balls into the middle for Adebola and never once tired to get Sproule one on one again with his defender. Why? Can anyone please explain tactics even McIndoe constantly goes inside to join Trundle and Adebola in trying to play fancy one touch football which as we saw yesterday delivered precious little. This is not whinging because we lost we 've played like that most of the season. I suggest Byfield Showumni even Brookers days are numbered at the gate. We could save three wages there and bring in at the least a goal scorer and a winger that gets around the back which Sproule and McIndoe do not seem to want to do, otherwise we will not create enough chances to maintain our position in the league for next year. Unless you are looking to spend 1.5 mil + as wolves, sheff Utd have done to land a goal scorer you need to search europe for a little gem to bring in and perhaps we have to look at other countries previously unthought of to achieve this. North African/ South American counties with links to a French/portuguese passport.

Full backs 'show' the winger the channel, which means by body position they encourage the winger to go wide because they know they have a better chance of blocking a cross or winning back possession in the corner of the pitch. This is called 'Jockeying'.

The winger knows this, and some choose to call the bluff of the defender by trying to cut inside, hoping to catch him wrong-footed (off balance)

It's frustrating when you know that both McIndoe and Sproule can beat the man on sheer pace and deliver a cross.

It's frustrating when you know that both McIndoe and Sproule can beat the man on sheer pace and deliver a cross.

I agree, it's almost like we play 4-2-2-2 sometimes, which I suppose suits the style of play. I did wonder for a while during the semis whether Carle, Elliott and Noble were central midfield with McIndoe in attacking midfield, because that's where they seemed to end up.

Sorry for all these tactics but Football Manager is really addictive!

Archived