IGNORED

Strikers

SUPER REDS

Great season the team has progressed so much since last season if we had a Twenty goals a season player would have probably gone up automatically,so who Beckford ,Lisbie,may be someone on loan from the Prem I am sure we can go up automaticaaly next season

Surely no one still believes that SB is an option anymore? We have to plan for life without him, move on.

Yes.

When fit, he's a quality player and showed in his games this season that at this level, he's certinaly good enough.

I believe he's still got one season left on his contract and it isn't worth paying him off to let him leave and no one is going to pay a decent fee to take him with his injury record.

Personally........let him have a proper pre-season and give him until Jan transfer window if he's proved himself and doing well, GREAT, if he's done nothing let him move back to Cheltenham or anyone else willing to take him on loan for the remaining 6months of his contract

I presume he is injured again, else he would defo have been in the squad.

I believe he's been fit since after the Preston game, however GJ has been overly loyal maybe to other players in the squad who have worked hard all season.

Number of teams with a 20 goal striker in the league this year: 2. (Only one of whom was promoted).

Of course we need to strengthen up front, but this myth about 20 goal strikers really should be put to bed, because for the most part they simply arent out there. Anyway, the last season in recent memory we had such a player we missed the playoffs altogether.

This season those extra goals could of given us the extra six points required I totally agree that just a striker can not win promotion alone,look at Lisbue at Colchester this season but look at WBA how many they scored with Phillips and co and won the league,its the final player we need Trundle looks sharper now if he can keep playing like it then may be he could get a few more,but you can not argue it has been a problem for the last two seasons

Archived