IGNORED

Friendly Final

0738parkway

Guest shane
Apart from a few ugly northern ######### in there 40s trying to be intimidating in front of familys on wembley way singing we are ull we are ull we are ull at about 11.30 did any one else see any unsavory incidents

Saw a lot of city lads waiting by the night club after the game waiting for hull fans lot of police after game.my mate saw a young city fan with cut on his face act think police were on top of it

Apart from a few ugly northern ######### in there 40s trying to be intimidating in front of familys on wembley way singing we are ull we are ull we are ull at about 11.30 did any one else see any unsavory incidents

Saw some old geezer in his late 30's (probably) putting the ball in the back of our net. Can't get much more unsavoury than that!

I had mixed thoughts about the Hull Fans.

I thought they were, 99% of them, pretty fantastic. We had great chats to them on the way up (we did the train and tube route from Yeovil Junction - Waterloo - Wembley). We were talking to them, singing Wembley chants and generally having a great time on the way up. Many hand shakes and good luck messages.

The more important thing was after the game, of course... And I was bermused (as were many City fans) that they were stoney faced and quiet. You'd have never thought they had got promotion to the Premier League! Unbelieveable, though i found these fans werein the minority, and when we wished them all the best they didnt want to know.I feel they were part of the Hull Day Tripping brigade, so yeah.

Then we went on a trip around London, as we had a late train booked (just in case the unthinkable penalties occured) and one or two comments were made, mainly by idiots from London stirring up trouble, we ignored them and then bumpedinto a number of Hull Fans, never in my life have so many handshakes and well wishes been exchanged by two sets of fans.

So yes, I thought the Hull Fans were generally a credit to their club. Day Trippers (as they do with every club) ruined it.

We spent a couple of hours talking with the Hull fans in The Globe - directly opposite Baker Street station and they were quality guys. Very, very friendly. Lots of singing back and forth between the two sets of fans and not a hint of trouble.

Then one guy turned up with his brassy bint in tow. He spent about 15 minutes trying to stir things up by continually singing a solo of "Yer going to be mauled by the Tigers ...". When he left, the Hull fans described him as a plank. There's always one.

I was impressed by the Hull guys and wish them all the best for next season.

All of the Hull fans I met were great, and whilst our Pub was not over-packed, both fans happily chatted and shook hands, before and after the game. I think that the long faces were the result of reality kicking in, regular defeats, a boring predictable League, diving cheats, odd kick off times for Sky and Sultana, 4 less home games, patronising Press coverage and expensive away tickets. We get 23 home games in a competitive League with some great trips, so we get a moral victory!

All of the Hull fans I met were great, and whilst our Pub was not over-packed, both fans happily chatted and shook hands, before and after the game. I think that the long faces were the result of reality kicking in, regular defeats, a boring predictable League, diving cheats, odd kick off times for Sky and Sultana, 4 less home games, patronising Press coverage and expensive away tickets. We get 23 home games in a competitive League with some great trips, so we get a moral victory!

:clapping::clapping: thats the glass half full angle

Archived