IGNORED

Talking Of Next Season...

MATTBCFC

I personally don't think it will be that much - maybe up to 2-2.5 mill ?

Was still dreaming that when I got home last night there would be a message from Lansdown on the official site saying 'oh bugger it, i've decided to give GJ the 30 Million for transfers myself...'...!!

not complaining, would just be nice to compete for the striker we are missing...!

tbh i cant see gj being given more than about 2 mil

i reckon signings will consist of mainly unknown players that turn out to prove real gems :fingerscrossed:

but if johnson identifies players that he likes and are worth 1.5/2 mil i think lansdown will go for it after seeing how much progress we have made this season

I think around 3-4 million to be honest, it will be a little more than last season which was roughly around a 3million spend I would have said (inlcuding january).

I'd hope around 7-8 million though to be honest.

GJ will get what he needs & realistically asks for from SL.

Unless we get lucky, we're past the point where a £300k signing from Oldham's going to radically improve our team.

He'll need to wheel & deal and spend it more wisely than in the last close season.Of his big money signings, only Adebola & McIndoe really showed up consistently.I also don't know what happend to the policy about signing players for the next level when we signed Betsy & Showunmi either?

There won't be a set amount I wouldn't have thought.

SL will back GJ in the transfer market as I think he has a lot of faith in GJ's judgement.

As we know though GJ doesn't seem to like splashing the cash due to the added pressure that comes with spending big. Plus he takes a 'value for your money' approach.

I'd expect us to make maybe one £1-2 million signing and then the rest at £200-800k

Johnson will be given as much as he wants. Lansdown has backed him from day 1 and don't think that is likely to change.

I hear you Kev, but I think Lansdown will pull the plug at certain figures.

He's always said he wants the club to stand on its own 2 feet so not so sure where all the

money is coming from...?

Guest DanC
GJ will get what he needs & realistically asks for from SL.

Unless we get lucky, we're past the point where a £300k signing from Oldham's going to radically improve our team.

He'll need to wheel & deal and spend it more wisely than in the last close season.Of his big money signings, only Adebola & McIndoe really showed up consistently.I also don't know what happend to the policy about signing players for the next level when we signed Betsy & Showunmi either?

What about Eliott? IIRC Lansdown wanted to splash the cash in Jan but GJ decided to stay loyal to the current players. I hope that offer of cash is still available and that GJ can use it and spend it wisely.

What about Eliott? IIRC Lansdown wanted to splash the cash in Jan but GJ decided to stay loyal to the current players. I hope that offer of cash is still available and that GJ can use it and spend it wisely.

I sincerely hope you are right....would love to see 5 or so new additions that we can get excited about.

Main target obviously a proven goalscorer....my main aim would be Billy Sharp. Maynard maybe worth a punt, but who are we to speculate when we have God in charge of our club - i'm sure GJ had his list made for Championship or Premier League and I hope that in the next few days GJ and SL between them will be working on strengthening where its needed.

to be honest........there will never be a SET AMOUNT, put aside for transfers.

SL has always been off the mind that if a manager wants to spend he'll do his best to back him.

The biggest issue won't be HOW MUCH WILL GJ HAVE TO SPEND.....it will be how much is GJ WILLING TO SPEND.

SL has given offered him the money in the past 2 sign players, but GJ would rather hold back for the right signing rather than a player for the sake of it.

Justr look at the debt that certain other Championship Clubs are saddled with - GJ needs to spend wisely to get the right players, but only what we can really afford. In any case, spending does not always bring success, it's spending wisely that does that.

Archived