IGNORED

Yet Another One Of Those` Who`s In And Who`s Out` Threads

pdgifford64

OK. It`s finally over and we can all put on our managers hats and decide the footballing futures of our current squad. So, with no offence to any players who may read the forum here`s my `starting line up for next seasons opener if Gary should ever decide to ask for my opinion ( about as much chance as me growing two extra legs and winning next years Grand National ).

1. Basso

2. ?- McAllisters been ok but i feel this is one of the positions for improvement.

3. Orr

4. Fontaine

5. Carey-City through and through and hopefully for a few more years to come.

6. Elliot

7. ?-Sproule, sadly, not done enough for me to make this slot his own.

8. Carle-took a while but finally showed us what GJ knew all along. Can do LJs` job but with a little more added steel.

9. ? Sorry Dele, grateful for your contribution over the past few months but fresh, younger blood needed.

10. Trundle-Very close to putting another ? here but if GJ can find the right player to partner him with some class in the 7 shirt i think he`s earned another chance.

11. McIndoe-Slightly disappointed in his performance yesterday. Thought the pitch didn`t help but has proved over the season that he can be a team player.

12. Weale

14. Johnson

15, 16, 17 ? Depending on close season signings i may see 1 or two of my 1st 11 here but quite frankly i`ve cleared a fair few squad plalyers too.

OUT

McCombe, JMW, Showunmi, Keogh, Russell, Vasko, Betsy, Byfield and Adebola

SQUAD

McAllister, Noble, Brooker,Skuse, Wilson B, Artus, Ribiero, Wilson J, Walker, Slocombe, Sproule, Plummer and Henderson

Scotty hopefully to stay at club in a coaching role at some level.

Hopefully GJ will have seen a couple of the youngsters as being good enough to start bleeding them in to the match squad next season.

I`ll leave the `ins` for those with more of a feel for whats out there. Feel free to comment but please remember that this is only my opinion and as such is not legally binding.

PDG

McCombe out don't be silly he is a very good player and defiently deserves to stay and i feel gettin rid of jmw will prove to be a kick in the teeth in the future as i seem him as a Premier League player with the right manager to put him under there wing

I`d rate Jamie as ok but not very good. OK is not going to be good enough if we`re to put in a push again next season. Don`t forget whilst many viewed the CCC as weak this season, i`d prefer to call it competitive, things may well be different next time around.

I think GJ has, on the whole, shown his loyalty to the squad that got us here. Now if we`re going to be serious about continuing this forward momentum then some people are going to be disappointed and i`m afraid, in Jamies` case, he`s one of them.

PDG

I too disagree with thoughts of getting rid of McCombe. In the home semi against Palace, he was immense (we can argue whether their goal was his fault or Basso's) and has been solid and dependable for us in most games he's played this season.

I'm uncertain about JMW - he's never really had "steel" or workrate in his game of the level that McIndoe displays and he'll need it if he's to step up and do a job for us.

I think that you're being sentimental about Murray. The guy is a legend and we all love him to bits but his time is up. He's still capable of the occasional special goal but he lacks the burst of pace which has always been a major asset of his. He can probably still make his mark for a team in Div One or Two but not in the Championship. I'm not sure if he has been taking his coaching badges but I'm sure that he will always be a welcome asset in some role at Ashton Gate, just not as a player any more (and it saddens me to say so).

I do agree with the others on your "release list".

I too disagree with thoughts of getting rid of McCombe. In the home semi against Palace, he was immense (we can argue whether their goal was his fault or Basso's) and has been solid and dependable for us in most games he's played this season.

I'm uncertain about JMW - he's never really had "steel" or workrate in his game of the level that McIndoe displays and he'll need it if he's to step up and do a job for us.

I think that you're being sentimental about Murray. The guy is a legend and we all love him to bits but his time is up. He's still capable of the occasional special goal but he lacks the burst of pace which has always been a major asset of his. He can probably still make his mark for a team in Div One or Two but not in the Championship. I'm not sure if he has been taking his coaching badges but I'm sure that he will always be a welcome asset in some role at Ashton Gate, just not as a player any more (and it saddens me to say so).

I do agree with the others on your "release list".

Yup, sentimentality as far as Scotty is concerned. If he takes as many attemts as i did to hang up his boots he`ll be around for years to come, though sadly it`ll be by dropping through the leagues. If he does drop down to extend his playing career i`m sure any time he returns to the gate for whatever reason he`ll be given a heroes welcome.

PDG

Archived