Who Did Then?

DavidNoble

I tried to hold it in but I couldn;t and outside the ground I

shed a few tears and I was consoled by many city fand who i didn't even

know. So thanks guys.

Still gutted now, in fact I'm bloody pissed off and feeling very low, but

we have had an amazing season and we'll bounce back next season I'm sure. I'm

proud of the boys.

I was fine until a 7 year old-ish bawled his eyes out five minutes to go and I knew then it was probably to late. His Dad consoled him and I watched for a few minutes then a lump in my throat and my eyes welling up. I then looked across at other people and thought for ****'s sake hold it together!

An emotional day and to be honest, I enjoyed the day as a whole. Yes disappointed to lose, but hey, he we're celebrating 12 months ago so in perspective.... :city:

MM

Guest DanC

Just being so close, In fact just 2 goals away from the prem set me off. I had hoped and hoped it would be our day and when the final whistle went I just couldn't help it. I did stay and watch all the celebrations and then clap our side as I wanted to see them celebrate so if we do get there then it will feel all the sweeter and then I wanted to thank the players for a almost amazing season.

Nope, was filled with too many mixed emotions for any one to come out, gutting as it was i was struggling to feel anything but imense pride for what the boys have done this season.

In a way i'd have been more gutted had we gone out to palace as that in no way would have been justification for what we had done this season on the pitch, as it was we lost to the only side that wasn't already up that over 46 games were better than we were, and the only side baring west brom that were close to us as a footballing side.

Once we got the the final i was happy, i wanted us to win more than anything but at least we achieved something, and to be honest the only way from here is forward, we have a great squad that can play the majority of the sides in the championship off the park, and with a few choice and quality additions in certain areas i have no doubt we can be there or there abouts next season.

In spite of the result after the initial dissapointment had faded slightly all i could see from the game were reasons to be hopeful, after Brighton i was just gutted as i couldn't see where the club was going, but after this game it is clear where we are going and it's clear that with the right additions we can get there.

Nope, was filled with too many mixed emotions for any one to come out, gutting as it was i was struggling to feel anything but imense pride for what the boys have done this season.

In a way i'd have been more gutted had we gone out to palace as that in no way would have been justification for what we had done this season on the pitch, as it was we lost to the only side that wasn't already up that over 46 games were better than we were, and the only side baring west brom that were close to us as a footballing side.

Once we got the the final i was happy, i wanted us to win more than anything but at least we achieved something, and to be honest the only way from here is forward, we have a great squad that can play the majority of the sides in the championship off the park, and with a few choice and quality additions in certain areas i have no doubt we can be there or there abouts next season.

In spite of the result after the initial dissapointment had faded slightly all i could see from the game were reasons to be hopeful, after Brighton i was just gutted as i couldn't see where the club was going, but after this game it is clear where we are going and it's clear that with the right additions we can get there.

quality post spud exactly what i thought but could not

convert it into words like that,

we will be strong next season

had a tear in my eye before the game even started just to the pride I had in the team and where we were and how close we were to the Prem.

when they scored my head just sunk, then went Orr went off, you just got that feeling that it wasn't to be our day.

At full time, I tried my best but did feel just the one tear drip down my face.

Was towards the front of bottom tear and saw Fonts with tears coming down his face, come over to talk to someone didn't see who, but looked like someone he knew, first words you could clearly see him say was "I'm so Sorry"

had a tear in my eye before the game even started just to the pride I had in the team and where we were and how close we were to the Prem.

when they scored my head just sunk, then went Orr went off, you just got that feeling that it wasn't to be our day.

At full time, I tried my best but did feel just the one tear drip down my face.

Was towards the front of bottom tear and saw Fonts with tears coming down his face, come over to talk to someone didn't see who, but looked like someone he knew, first words you could clearly see him say was "I'm so Sorry"

you must have been by me at the end of the game then. i think in general it was aimed at the fans

i felt choked, gutted, angry, proud to have got there, everything, as all the play off deafets we have ever had flashed through my head and on 89 minutes it was ''oh no please not again''

''BUT WE WILL COME BACK STRONGER FROM THIS''

I'm an ingrained pessimist about play off finals but was just hoping this would at last be our day to shine in one.

Just before kick off I said to my wife, "Perhaps just for once it will go our way today", but it was more with fingers crossed than any real expectation.

If one of Hull's centre backs had fallen ill overnight, or Adebola had taken his great chance after 4 minutes, or one of their full backs had to be taken off leading to unwanted team reorganisation then who knows but the luck wasn't with us.

When Windass scored his stunning goal all I could think of looking around at the dumbfounded City fans and the celebrating Hull fans was, "Not again, I've seen all this before."

On the day I was hoping to be surprised, sadly I wasn't. No tears, just quiet disappointment and reflection.

I swore, after all the previous disappointments, and particularly the Brighton game, that I'd give the play offs a miss but when it came down to it I couldn't do it and took my place at the Palace game and then frantically phoned for final tickets.

One day City will shine and be victorious on play off final day, things will go our way, and after so many final hurdle disappointments that day will be one to truly savour and by God we'll have earnt it and we'll enjoy it. :city:

Guest MaloneFM

Bit dissapointed but bearing in mind this time last year we had just left the third division and sat on an rocket to the edges of the Premier League extremely happy.

Crying because you lose a football match is for small children and possibly the gay community.

Dignity.

Believe

Bit dissapointed but bearing in mind this time last year we had just left the third division and sat on an rocket to the edges of the Premier League extremely happy.

Crying because you lose a football match is for small children and possibly the gay community.

Dignity.

Believe

Shut up Malone.

I don't know your situation but at the final whistle I was struggling to hold it in, then I had to turn to my left and see my 9 year old girl crying her eyes out, the tears flowing fast and furious.

You're a legend on here but letting fly at people that cry because they care or because they are gay is not on. I have dignity I have pride and I believe. The fact people are upset doesn't make you any better or manly because you're big enough not to cry.

Stupid comments.

I'm afraid I shed a tear or two, and there's a particularly grim photo pf me on page 7 of today's evening post to prove it :-(

- just felt so bad for the team - horrible seeing them so gutted...

I was hanging in there til about 30 seconds to go when me dad simply said - "its all over..."

Ah well - as has been said many many times - its been one hell of a ride this season - can' t wait til it starts all over again :-)

Archived