IGNORED

What Money From The Play Offs ?

DT The Optimist

Now we have another year in the Championship to look forward too, with the talk of who will come and go, what did we actually earn from the play offs and a Wembley final ? :huh:

I have 'heard' that all funds from all the games are pooled and split between all championship clubs, while another said we keep the money from the Playoff final while Hull enter the premier league....and so on and so on....

With all talk of fine tuning a million from the play offs would be nice for Johnsons war kitty ?

Now we have another year in the Championship to look forward too, with the talk of who will come and go, what did we actually earn from the play offs and a Wembley final ? :huh:

I have 'heard' that all funds from all the games are pooled and split between all championship clubs, while another said we keep the money from the Playoff final while Hull enter the premier league....and so on and so on....

With all talk of fine tuning a million from the play offs would be nice for Johnsons war kitty ?

I'm pretty sure it's become tradition that the winning side in the final give the losing side their share of the wembley gate money. Haven't heard any confirmation of that this year, but 86 000 should come to over a million I would imagine.

I'm pretty sure it's become tradition that the winning side in the final give the losing side their share of the wembley gate money. Haven't heard any confirmation of that this year, but 86 000 should come to over a million I would imagine.

86,000 at an average of £60 a ticket comes to over 5 million!

i was listening to radio 5live on the way to wembley.

the difference in money for winners and loser was.

30 million and 2 payments of 12 million for the winner.

one off payment if a sell out of 2 million for the loser.

there you have it.

Lets not forget season ticket sells, The Superstore must of had it best couple of weeks every. Plus all the new supporters we must of made, and the kudos of getting the play off final.

Even know we lost we can still take a lot of positive from last season and missing out on promotion by a whisker, nothing is a given in football but we have a great chance next season.

As far as I'm aware the playoff cash is split between the top 6 teams, ie the 2 automatically promoted teams and the 4 playoff teams.

Why would the automatically promoted teams get a share?

The play offs are nothing to do with them.

i was listening to radio 5live on the way to wembley.

the difference in money for winners and loser was.

30 million and 2 payments of 12 million for the winner.

one off payment if a sell out of 2 million for the loser.

there you have it.

I hope they are right from the radio, obviuosly not 60 million from Premier league but will go a long way towards our problems up front

I also recall this being the "unwritten rule" of the final in previous seasons.

Archived