IGNORED

Kevin Phillips

wiggles

I wouldn't say no. Could definately do a job for us, if he was going to carry on playing. We've also proved this season that we are capable of competing for promotion.

Not quite sure what his wages would be like though, but saying that I think his goals would definately secure promotion and warrant the extra cash. So long as we didn't end up with a Teddy Sheringham scenario where he comes in on more than everyone else and it upsets the applecart so to speak. We all know what happened to Colchester this year.....

On the subject of Colchester, how does a frontline of Philips, Lisbie and Trundle sound? Lisbie has also scored goals this year, didn't do Colchester any good in the end but imagine if he was scoring those goals for us....

Kevin Phillips scored 22 goals in 29 starts this year.

He seems to be out of contract.

I know he's 35 but if we'd had him this year we'd be in the prem (look at Windass).

Theres something more to the Phillips situation than meets the eye....Why after having an amazing season and gaining promotion would you be talking about leaving? Maybe looking for a return to Sunderland or something...Either way, whatever the boy is upto he is never coming here thats for sure. (Would welcome him wholeheartedly having said that though)

Theres something more to the Phillips situation than meets the eye....Why after having an amazing season and gaining promotion would you be talking about leaving? Maybe looking for a return to Sunderland or something...Either way, whatever the boy is upto he is never coming here thats for sure. (Would welcome him wholeheartedly having said that though)

Baggies fans say that his knees have gone and he's unlikely to be able to manage more than 60 minutes a match next season. He knows he won't make it in the Premier League, and is hoping for a two-year contract elsewhere (West Brom might offer him a year at most). I think there will be takers, but its a hell of a risk.

Archived