IGNORED

Vasko

leadman

I'm not sure. He's inconsistent for me. He has played some pretty good games but others he's been a liability. SIgn him as a striker though! :D

MM

That could well work actually! :superman:

He's a bit unpredictable to say the least, (not quite as unpredictable as Bas Savage), but I reckon Vasko could do the business up front, providing we have a 20+ goals a season striker, up front with him! :whistle2:

for a contract.

seen enough, give him 2 years.

I'm sure we have not seen the best of vasko.

he was never given a proper run in the team,but he is still young and has plenty of promise.

i too would give him a contract.

and as he would now be our player if needed we could loan him out for match fitness and experience .

:city:

I'm sure we have not seen the best of vasko.

he was never given a proper run in the team,but he is still young and has plenty of promise.

i too would give him a contract.

and as he would now be our player if needed we could loan him out for match fitness and experience .

:city:

Totally agree!

Vasko has all the qualities required to be a top player for us.

An intelligent footballer who can actually pass the ball rather than 'lump' it.

Yes, he has made a few mistakes (and has been harshly treated for them IMO), but who hasn't?

It took Basso a long time to come to terms with everything about the English game, and he made mistakes doing so.

Sign Vasko, and give him a decent run in the side.

I think he will prove to be a far better option than McCombe at this level.

give him a contract and take a gamble on him as we had already agreed a fee of 150,000 for him so thats a pretty cheap gamble

If £150,000 is the fee it would change my mind in him and he would be worth a punt.

I think he's been fairly good, and if he did get a longer run in the side i'm sure he would only improve. I thought the fee would be a lot higher to ne honest...£150,000 for an International seems awfully cheap...!?

At that price definetely an asset, where did you see this figure banded about ?

Unfortunately for him, he's looked like our fourth best centre half this season and if someone better becomes available, i can see him being shown the door.

A shame, because he only got the odd game here and there and didnt really have much of a chance to settle in at the start of the season. He is also useful cover for McCombe if we need a big centre half who wins the ball in the air.

A defender has to be replaced at Wembley, so rather than using our substitute defender, we bring on a midfielder and put our midfield engine at right back. If we bring him on, it is as an emergency striker, so would it not be better to sign a defender that can be trusted, and a real striker?

A defender has to be replaced at Wembley, so rather than using our substitute defender, we bring on a midfielder and put our midfield engine at right back. If we bring him on, it is as an emergency striker, so would it not be better to sign a defender that can be trusted, and a real striker?

A good man to have on the bench. Can double as a defender or attacker, so acts as two subs. Sign him up.

Not good enough for me, the cons outweight the pro's.

He's too slow, doesn't dominate in the air as much as he should do for someone of his height, he's too dirty in the sense that he gives away too many fouls against mainly due to not adapting to the English game and I don't think he's learnt English making communication on the pitch with his teammates harder than it should be. He's also looked like a headless chicken for the most part of this season and had about 2 good games in his time here - Watford (h) and Burnley (a) spring to mind.

The only positives are that he's got age on his side, he's available for next to nothing and he's an international.

GJ's the best man to judge but I think we should look elsewhere unless he's shown something in training that suggests he'll become a collosus next season.

Who we sign will depend on who we keep and I rate Vasko as a footballing centre back who would shine in a three, not a flat back four and a two because, despite marking Henderson at Watford very well at AG, he isn't a first ball CB.

Play him in a three with two marking defenders and let him bring the ball out of defence and you'll see a difference.He's the best passer of a long ball over 30 yards at the club (Not a clump, a proper long pass) and he can hit 50/60 yarders.He's also a danger in the opposition penalty area.

If we're not doing that then let the lad move on and go out and get another Carey or Fontaine type player, a more traditional, man marking, defender.Mark Hudon who's just left Palace for Charlton is an example.

Thanks but no thanks , i think we need a player who is reliable and just used as a defender ... wasn't used at Wembley when we needed another defender and don't think we can be taking chances on players any more when they've already had a chance but not really proved themselves ..... Don't think he fits inot the way GJ likes to play long term

Who we sign will depend on who we keep and I rate Vasko as a footballing centre back who would shine in a three, not a flat back four and a two because, despite marking Henderson at Watford very well at AG, he isn't a first ball CB.

Play him in a three with two marking defenders and let him bring the ball out of defence and you'll see a difference.He's the best passer of a long ball over 30 yards at the club (Not a clump, a proper long pass) and he can hit 50/60 yarders.He's also a danger in the opposition penalty area.

If we're not doing that then let the lad move on and go out and get another Carey or Fontaine type player, a more traditional, man marking, defender.Mark Hudon who's just left Palace for Charlton is an example.

I guarantee you we won't be changing the shape of the whole side just to accomodate Vasko in a back three. For that reason, he isn't worth keeping as you say he doesn't work in a flat back four.

Don't forget too orr started in midfield and wasn't particularily great. after giving him a chance in the back 4 we now have a sturdy player that many would like to get their hands on. maybe tamas could be the same after another season. if he's that cheap let's take him. if we only put him out on loan for a 3 month so he plays every week and gets more used to our game over here and comes back a better player then it's worth it. if not bet he'll sell on to league 1 for 250k just from being part of the red squad

I think that had more to do with getting Johnson on the pitch, rather than a lack of confidence in the replacement defender.

I was concerned we would miss Elliot's ball-winning in midfield, but to be fair we didn't.

He's a decent player but his lack of pace doesn't suit the English game and makes it hard for him to settle into a back four. I would edge towards no but if we do take him on I won't be disappointed. Perhaps sign him and loan him.

He's a decent player but his lack of pace doesn't suit the English game and makes it hard for him to settle into a back four. I would edge towards no but if we do take him on I won't be disappointed. Perhaps sign him and loan him.

Well, hes gone now!

Archived