IGNORED

Byfield / Brooker

spectator

I know Alan Sugar says "Hindsight is the best management tool ever invented"............but if Byfield was being released, would it have made more sense to have Brooker on the bench at Wembley ?

Apparently he was fit and disppointed not to be included in some way.

Lots of chances went begging, I know it's easy to say after the event,..... but just a thought.

I know Alan Sugar says "Hindsight is the best management tool ever invented"............but if Byfield was being released, would it have made more sense to have Brooker on the bench at Wembley ?

Apparently he was fit and disppointed not to be included in some way.

Lots of chances went begging, I know it's easy to say after the event,..... but just a thought.

Its a good point, and I would like to have had brooker on the bench, but GJ said the squad would be those that have contributed most this season and Byfield contributed alot, especially the first half of the season!

Brooker the forgotten man could of well made a difference, and could of even cancelled the need to go to Wembley; :noexpression:

Just a debating point, and we'll never know now.

Hopefully Brooks will come back, stay fit now that the knee problem seems to have been corrected.

If he gets a flying start gets games / goals in, we'll all be happy again.

Such a shame about Saturday, just seen Hulls celebrations back in their home town.

If GJ is as astute next season as this we'll be ok.

There were posters saying that Brooker was fit for the Palace game at the gate and Wembley. I have a criticism about the zero information from the club on certain player matters. Nothing encouraging about Ribiero or Artus for months.

Not a word about Brooker when he was supposedly available, so are the fans supposed to be mushrooms ?

Back to January, SL said an attempt had been made to obtain Lita. Thing being, the last time Brooker and a young raw Lita got together, they scored around 49 goals. Obviously if a combination worked that well, it would be worth pursuing. SL obviously thought so.

So where does Brooker stand with the club ? He has a season left on his contract, he's only 27. Does GJ want to give him more rest and get him ready for a big season ahead, or is hoping for outside offers ? Be nice to know.

Archived