Drink problems over

Still youthful

Strong

Quick

Two good feet

Scored goals for us

Could play the right wing OR up front

Did get called up for Wales by Mark Hughes so he clearly rated him

I for one would be delighted if we brought him back and he engrossed hinself in GJ's philosophy

Thought's?

Christian Roberts

Drink problems over

Still youthful

Strong

Quick

Two good feet

Scored goals for us

I for one would be delighted if we brought him back and he engrossed hinself in GJ's philosophy

Thought's?

We should'nt of let him leave at the time, but I'm not sure he would be good enough for this level!

Christian Roberts

Drink problems over

Still youthful

Strong

Quick

Two good feet

Scored goals for us

Thought's?

go have a lie down.

If he was good enough for the Welsh squad then he is good enough for this level as are Sproule and Keogh with their International call up's.

He's wasted at Swindon and I think he is capable of terrorising defenders with his pace and strength

Christian Roberts

Drink problems over

Still youthful

Strong

Quick

Two good feet

Scored goals for us

Thought's?

I like it that we are thinking outside of the box!

However this receives 0.0 from the South West London Judge.

If he was good enough for the Welsh squad then he is good enough for this level as are Sproule and Keogh with their International call up's.

He's wasted at Swindon and I think he is capable of terrorising defenders with his pace and strength

he may have been called up for Wales but he never actually played a game, plus that was about 3/4 years ago, Keogh has only played for Ireland u21's not the full team

christ.....Michael Ricketts once played for England, do you think we should sign him........no, didn't think so

Christian Roberts

Drink problems over

Still youthful

Strong

Quick

Two good feet

Scored goals for us

Thought's?

Great player, speed, unpredictability and always rose to the big occasion with inspirational performances and goals.

GJ liked him too - he saw the Hartlepool game when Roberts inspired the great comeback with an assist for Goodfellow and the fantastic winner.

He only went because of his off field problems and if they're now behind him then he's exactly the sort of player GJ could inspire onto another level.

Very disappointed when he left, if GJ thinks he could make something of Roberts' undoubted talent I'd be delighted.

he may have been called up for Wales but he never actually played a game, plus that was about 3/4 years ago, Keogh has only played for Ireland u21's not the full team

christ.....Michael Ricketts once played for England, do you think we should sign him........no, didn't think so

Scored the other night for the first team.

However what you say is right no where near good enough for this level I was a fan of his back then but he has hardly done much this year.

Much better options out there.

Christian Roberts

Drink problems over

Still youthful

Strong

Quick

Two good feet

Scored goals for us

Thought's?

:laugh: ... I always thought he was very under-rated (and harshly berated for being welsh) when he was with us but to suggest he would be good enough for a team hoping to be pushing for promotion to the prem next season is even stretching my respect and admiration for his silky skills.

May not have done much this year for a couple of reasons

1) Injuries

2) The players around him

You are only as good as the players around you and that's why it is a team game. He was quick of mind and quick of feet.

Definitely has enough quality for this division if managed well and I believe would work well with Brooker and Trundle. I would also say that had he been with us this year he would have had EVERY opportunity of being top scorer! If this is agreed then he's good enough.

Was absolutely gutted when we let him go for, what was it, 20k? Terrible.

One of my favourite City players in recent years. Top bloke, always gave 100%, scored some cracking goals aswell.

don't think he would have any trouble fitting into our current setup either.

Our top scorer this season got 8 goals, and we no longer have him.. I have no doubt Roberts could be more influential than Byfield if he was given a chance.

Is there a Welsh professional footballer who has not been in the Welsh squad at some time in his career? Has he terrorised League 1 defences? I admire the way he has overcome his addiction but no, not up to this standard. Having established some credibility in The Chanpionship I think we should aim higher.

Our top scorer this season got 8 goals, and we no longer have him.. I have no doubt Roberts could be more influential than Byfield if he was given a chance.

based on what? the 5 league goals he scored this season in LEAGUE ONE?

based on what? the 5 league goals he scored this season in LEAGUE ONE?

He scored those goals in only 5 starts and 11 sub appearances.

I would also say a striker like Roberts may profit more from the service our team could give him than at Swindon.

I'm not saying Roberts is the perfect striker and we should definitely get him - but it's certainly an idea.

Roberts was always a good player for us. Put with our current position and our desire for PL football I personally would be dissapointed with signing him and would see it almost as a step back.

What I mainly remember him for was him being lazy and not running around enough, though shooting a lot. Maybe my memory is distorted but I question the 'always gave 100%' label?
My memory of Roberts is Hartlepool, Mansfield, Cardiff, QPR, Plymouth, Swindon, and a 5 minute interview where he said "you know" 23 times.

Question is, would he score more than 8 goals if put into our current team? No reason to think he couldnt.

Johnson does like him aswell - he admitted seeing the Hartlepool game inspired him to come to us - and it was Roberts who lead that fight back.

My memory of Roberts is Hartlepool, Mansfield, Cardiff, QPR, Plymouth, Swindon, and a 5 minute interview where he said "you know" 23 times.

Great goals in vital games made Roberts a favourite for most City fans.

Always played his heart out for City despite the unwarranted abuse he took from a small percentage of fans who refused to accept him.

I think he would relish the opportunity to get his career back on track AND with City.

Better players around him giving him better service will deliver better results.

We have bought some players that are clearly here to enable City to succeed in the Championship. It doesn't mean that if we get promoted that he will play in the Premier League so why shouldn't Roberts come and do a job for us in the Championship and then be assessed for his future possibilities along with other players?

The transfer was bizarre and the £20k value was ridiculous.

Also, we don't know if he can do it in the championship unless he tries. Personally I think he would under GJ and I feel sure DW would have kept him to had he managed to get us promoted to the Championship

Finally, when he played as a central striker before being put on the right wing he scored 17 goals that season and was second only to Scott Murray.

It's a better team now with a better manager so where is the reasoning that he wouldn't cut it???

Archived