IGNORED

Tributes To Showumni

LouieDane

The man always ran his heart out, scored some crucial goals to get us to the championship and did a job for us which he never wanted to do (be a hold up striker). I will always remember his goals against Crewe and Carlaise at the end of last year and against S****horpe on his debut, and I'm sure you'd we'd all like to thank him for his contributions over his 2 year spell.

Showumni - you are a legend - goodbye and good luck

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=enochwh2.jpg

don't think he got a fair crack this season.... used to much as a target man and i think we all know he's nothing close to a target man!

but looking on the bright side, if he's leaving GJ is obviously looking to bring in more striker(s)

'Might not score a goal

might have a bad gaaaaaame

but Enoch Showunmi's

a ####### great name!'

Scored some vital goals in 2006/07 to help us gain promotion.

Best of luck Enoch and I hope he can realise his potential at another club.

No loss, we're in the Championsip, and hes simply aint good enough, hard working or not

I was wondering how long it would take before someone slagged him off. Why don't you read the title of the thread?

We're wishing him luck, not berating the man.

:disapointed2se:

'Might not score a goal

might have a bad gaaaaaame

but Enoch Showunmi's

a ####### great name!'

Scored some vital goals in 2006/07 to help us gain promotion.

Best of luck Enoch and I hope he can realise his potential at another club.

In the ashton the mighty ashton the enoch scores tonight.... Showumniway, Showumniway!!!

Best of luck enoch

I was wondering how long it would take before someone slagged him off. Why don't you read the title of the thread?

We're wishing him luck, not berating the man.

:disapointed2se:

Everything Lu'on fans told what he was like has proved to be exactly how hes been. They didn't rate him and neither do I. Hard working, honest, but not good enough. good luck to him, I'm glad he's gone. that better?

Good luck big man - my lad will miss you immensly - you had your photo with him and it was in the program with a write up about how you are his hero.

You always gave 100% and you'll serve someone very next year.

just don't be daft enough to end up at the gas.

In the ashton the mighty ashton the enoch scores tonight.... Showumniway, Showumniway!!!

Best of luck enoch

Whats that coming over the hill?

IS IT SHOWUNMI

IS IT SHOWUNMI!!!

Good luck big man. You were a big part of a vital 06/07 campaign and will be missed by many.

ENOCH ENOCH

Everything Lu'on fans told what he was like has proved to be exactly how hes been. They didn't rate him and neither do I. Hard working, honest, but not good enough. good luck to him, I'm glad he's gone. that better?

Look, it's not his fault you're stuck in Bucks - leave the guy be!

It's sad to see him go, but I feel the time is right.

He never gave less than 100% and came across a good team player. Also, as mentioned above, he played a big part in our promotion season, scoring some crucial goals, notably Carlise, Oldham and Crewe - all away from home, and who forget our solitary goal at home to S****horpe on the first day of the season?

He could walk into any League 1 squad, no problem.

Good luck big man.

His towering header against Coventry in the FA Cup during 06/07 season crowned a fantastic night for me and the club at the Ricoh.

All the best Enoch, I'm sure you'll go on to score goals elsewhere.

With you on this one. Right up there in my list of memorable away nights, and Enoch running along in front of the faithful after scoring - top, top moment.

Going to another club where he has to re-establish himself by working his **** off will do Enoch the world of good IMO. Can see him be hero-worshipped again at another club (whatever level that might be at).

Thanks Enoch and good luck. :winner_third_h4h:

Thanks Enoch! Been a good player for us, scored some important goals, wish he'd have had more of an opportunity this year, personally don't see an awful lot of difference between him and Dele

'Whats that coming over the hill, is it Showumni! Enoch Showumni!!'

Ummm....yeah....thanks for everything....we'll never forget how you landed this club in the shite with the FA so your mate could get a cut of your agents' fee from your move to us...we'll be forever grateful for that!

I agree on the pitch he ran his socks off....not the greatest player we've ever had, but always tried when he was in the team. And I always supported him when in the team... It's just a shame that I will only remember the above about him. Love him or hate him, he's landed this club with an FA charge (for which we don't yet know the penalty if considered to be at fault at all) through his actions, and that I'm afraid I can't forget. :nono:

Sorry...

Ummm....yeah....thanks for everything....we'll never forget how you landed this club in the shite with the FA so your mate could get a cut of your agents' fee from your move to us...we'll be forever grateful for that!

I agree on the pitch he ran his socks off....not the greatest player we've ever had, but always tried when he was in the team. And I always supported him when in the team... It's just a shame that I will only remember the above about him. Love him or hate him, he's landed this club with an FA charge (for which we don't yet know the penalty if considered to be at fault at all) through his actions, and that I'm afraid I can't forget. :nono:

Sorry...

shhhhhh: I think the club was equally at blame for that - so don't mention it :ph34r:

Sorry...

####........ What about those crucial goals he scored in our promotion campaign from the division we took 8 years to get out of??

And how do you know he's guilty and to blame or had any knowledge of any wrong doing??

Yeah always commited and showed that by turning down leeds

I think that had more to do with him beeing on a Bosman and copping the fee that City would have got!

Don't forget, Enoch's got a business degree!

fair play showunmi and good luck

Good luck big man-See you in the services :innocent06:

####........ What about those crucial goals he scored in our promotion campaign from the division we took 8 years to get out of??

And how do you know he's guilty and to blame or had any knowledge of any wrong doing??

As I said.....I give him credit where it's due for the work he did on the pitch with us, and i supported him whenever he was in the team, even after the story broke.

As for his guilt.....Let's see..... plays against Palarse one week, and within a few days a shock deal with Leeds is agreed. "A few months later", news breaks of the FA charge resulting from an investigation which the club had been assisting the FA in for "a few months". You do the math. I admit I may be putting 2 and 2 together there and getting 5, but the Leeds move took pretty much everyone by surprise and alot of people felt that something must have happened to prompt that, and GJ's advice that he should go. Just that at the time, most thought that it must have been a bust up/falling out. No-one ever thought it would be that.

My memory of Enoch will now be forever linked with his refusal to speak with Leeds United in January when we had agreed a £100,000 fee. From his (and his agent's) perspective, it's a short career and I can't blame him for waiting until he was out of contract so that the £100,000 could go towards his pay rather than Bristol City. But I can't help seeing it more from our perspective and the fact that the Club that put him on the map and developed his career were denied a sum of money, which when added to the six months of extra wages paid since January, is equivalent to over 300 season tickets.

Good luck Enoch. Let's not forget he managed 3 goals this term as well. 3 goals in 10 starts... in a team that only averaged around a goal a game that's invaluable! As well as his 10 goals the season before.

A good servant for the club and really wanted to stay with us - as he showed by turning down Leeds.

I'm sure he'll do well where ever he goes and if I ever see him about Bristol I for one will shake his hand.

Aye I liked him a lot. I'll always remember his late goal at Crewe last year in March. That coupled with McCombe's late goal a couple of weeks later at Doncaster were so crucial in our promotion push last season.

Wherever he goes I wish him the best of luck.

Archived