IGNORED

Should We Bring Back

cityfan

Guest MaloneFM

Christ almighty no.

1 assist 1 goal when it mattered. In the final, nothing, rowed with Peacock most of the season, fell over too much, lower league player, sulked when he scored against Crapdiff, missed a sitter against them when it mattered most.

The list goes on.

And so does uncle.

Christ almighty no.

1 assist 1 goal when it mattered. In the final, nothing, rowed with Peacock most of the season, fell over too much, lower league player, sulked when he scored against Crapdiff, missed a sitter against them when it mattered most.

Lots more goals and assists than that Unk- didn't the Mansfield goal 'matter' to you?

It's commonplace ( and to most people perfectly accepable ) for players to show a bit of respect for former clubs and fans by muting celebrations when scoring against them. I 've never heard any supporters having a problem with this except a few City fans about Roberts.

Fact is he scored goals against Cardiff in the first place and gave us the chance to celebrate, didn't miss a sitter against them - that header was our best effort in the game and a good save.

The whole team were diabolical in the final and there was nothing created for Roberts.

Guest MaloneFM
So you'd celebrate scoring for Cardiff against City would you? As for the rest, see above.

As a professional Stewie I'd dance about like a sombitch. Because these are the people paying me. If I didn't want to score against city I'd make damn sure I didn't line up that day for the opposition.

And I'd expect Nick Carle to do nothing different if he gets that chance next season.

Mind you...good point for a new topic...

As a professional Stewie I'd dance about like a sombitch. Because these are the people paying me. If I didn't want to score against city I'd make damn sure I didn't line up that day for the opposition.

And I'd expect Nick Carle to do nothing different if he gets that chance next season.

Mind you...good point for a new topic...

That's Stuey to you.

I think the point is that he was professional about it. He scored. Doesn't mean he was happy about it. If you had to do something at work that you hated doing you'd hardly celebrate it would you?

Anywho, why are we disucssing this sooooooo many years later!? I should be off sunbathing...

Poor ol' Christian - he's put in a lot of effort since his rehab, but me thinks his career will fade away far too early with injuries. His forms not been much different at Swindon (other than the crucial 1 goal, 1 assist - I can't remember him having a defining moment).

Archived