IGNORED

A Reality Check..........

Dolman Block B

Not sure if any of you lot have had a chance to read/see local news over the past few days?

Well a lad i knew very well, in his early 30,s was killed on friday night, the day before our playoff game.

Geoff had a ticket. A massive massive die hard red, now in heaven.

Of course, this fellow didnt make it.

Got killed in Temple Cloud, road traffic accident.

Dreadful? You bet it is.

We have lost a playoff game that would of took us to the prem.

His family have lost a son....

I,ll leave it like that

I did actually see a R.I.P Geoff banner hanging from the 3rd tier of the South Stand at wembley.

Yeah mate. That was his best friends effort.

Got to tell you lot this.

A few seasons back i sponsored a game. After the win, could see he was up to no good. Geoff was a tad/very pissed :innocent06:

Took all his clothes off, and danced like a nutter. Got a bcfc tattoo on his bum and leg....was amazing

A few seasons back i sponsored a game. After the win, could see he was up to no good. Geoff was a tad/very pissed :innocent06:

Took all his clothes off, and danced like a nutter. Got a bcfc tattoo on his bum and leg....was amazing

Sorry for his family's loss and for fiends like you Arn. RIP Geoff.

On the way back home in my friends car i continued to drink and drink and drink and continued singing the Wurzels as we passed Hull City/Bristol City fans, the way i see it is, it's a football match not a funeral i don't believe anybody needed to cry, unless it was tears of being proud, this kind of thing puts it all in perspective, and reminds me of a lad who died a couple of years ago who i was at college, he was also a massive City fan and a season ticket holder, a real shame we couldn't win but chin up and get behind the boys for next year.

R.I.P Geoff.

On the way back home in my friends car i continued to drink and drink and drink and continued singing the Wurzels as we passed Hull City/Bristol City fans, the way i see it is, it's a football match not a funeral i don't believe anybody needed to cry, unless it was tears of being proud, this kind of thing puts it all in perspective, and reminds me of a lad who died a couple of years ago who i was at college, he was also a massive City fan and a season ticket holder, a real shame we couldn't win but chin up and get behind the boys for next year.

R.I.P Geoff.

Exactly mate. Sometimes losing means fek all

Think we all get worked up over defeats like Sat, as we live and breath City for 8/9 months solid each year. Was gutted on Sat, and had to try hard to hold back the tears. But now, just happy I had the day out and proud of the players.

I think everyone has the right to be as upset as they like about the result, just not to milk it for days and days like something terrible has actually happened, as when it has, you know, like Geoffs family. RIP.

Think we all get worked up over defeats like Sat, as we live and breath City for 8/9 months solid each year. Was gutted on Sat, and had to try hard to hold back the tears. But now, just happy I had the day out and proud of the players.

I think everyone has the right to be as upset as they like about the result, just not to milk it for days and days like something terrible has actually happened, as when it has, you know, like Geoffs family. RIP.

Top man :fingerscrossed:

We noticed the banner on Saturday. Very sad, I'm sure he was up there watching with Nick Randall, Port Marine Red and all the other members of our family we have lost over the course of the season.

Arn youve lost too many mates this year, and I for one am sorry about that.

Really sorry to hear about this Arn.

You're right of course, football is just a part of life not life itself despite what Shankly said.

We just lost a game, his family lost a lot more and it puts everything into perspective.

Very sad. Condolences to his family and friends.

Exactly.

Football can/is No2 in yer life, losing freinds is dreadful

Exactly.

Football can/is No2 in yer life, losing freinds is dreadful

I always say the law of averages, when you've got this many fans......something is going to happen to somebody, somewhere, sometime,somehow.

Be it through natural causes, old age or otherwise.

Leaving behind a family, close friends and fellow supporters, he will be well appreciated and remembered....bless him, and condolences to his family.

We all feel such passion for this football club. But when a tragedy such as this occurs, It makes you realise just how unimportant the football is.

My condolences to all his family and friends

RIP Geoff

We noticed the banner on Saturday. Very sad, I'm sure he was up there watching with Nick Randall, Port Marine Red and all the other members of our family we have lost over the course of the season.

Arn youve lost too many mates this year, and I for one am sorry about that.

Very true. We lost a game of football on Saturday, others have lost so much more.

Guest DanC

I heard about this on Fri and also saw the banner. I walked into the newsagents on Sun morning and saw Saturdays evening post with Nick on the front and the words of something like Do it for Nick. I felt absolutely gutted that we could not do it for Nick, Geoff, PMR and every other City fan no longer with us. Losing a big football game like that feels horrible but to lose a loved one is absolutely devastating and my heart goes out to his family and friends. We lost a football game, But we still have our lives and we must live life to the full like they would want us to.

RIP

This man was obviously a fantastic character. Arpaul related a similar story on here about Geoff when he was at the cricket. Streaked onto the pitch and kissed the stumps by all accounts.

I wish I'd known him, but for all those that did and all his family I feel for you. Thanks for reminding us about him.

We all feel such passion for this football club. But when a tragedy such as this occurs, It makes you realise just how unimportant the football is.

My condolences to all his family and friends

RIP Geoff

Desperately sad news (someone called Geoff Twentyman on Friday about this awful accident, and you could tell that Twentyman was quite shaken up by it)

BUT

...to me if it puts anything in perspective, it emphasises just how important football is. People live for football, and when they pass away suddenly and unexpectedly it makes me realise how important it is that we get out there and make the most of life, and for many people football is a huge part of their life. Football to me is a celebration of life, and life is short, so we should make the most of it. RIP.

Archived