IGNORED

In The Final Analysis

Blagdon red

An interesting read Bristol Boy and I agree with much of it.

I think the FA really are going to have to take a hard look at the ticketing arrangements for Wembley and make sure that all tickets are used. It's a joke that 4,000 seats are empty for an occasion like that. They need to introduce some sort of scheme where people who have club/corporate seats have to indicate they will use them or they will be resold.

I'm surprised to see that Elliot and McIndoe didn't score higher over the course of the season in the ratings - I think both have had a bigger impact than Fontaine this time round.

I think you're right about us primarily needing two strikers with pace and goals. Someone like Howard in midfield would be nice but I think Watson will be unavailable. I'd like to see us get a centre half for cover, and a left sided full back and right winger to push Sproule and McAllister hard too but the strikers are the main thing.

Gary Johnson and his team have done a fantastic job overall and the future is very bright and very red.

Thanks for taking the time to write the reports over the season, they're much appreciated even if they are much debated.

He played at right back for Newcastle reserves and was being suggested as a permanent replacement for Jamie Smith in that position after he replaced him away at Chesterfield when Smith was sent off in October 2004.

On city world after that game he was quoted as saying he was a right back at newcastle for a fair while

in the reserves but likes center midfield as a preference.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/3689194.stm

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/WTPSDetail/0,,1...~573591,00.html

Excellent stuff BB. Pity the Evil Post does not subscribe to the quality of analysis and writing in your reports (and the Net Centre reports and others). Doesn't matter whether I always (or ever!) agree this is intelligent, informed and objective writing, informed by a passion for the club.

Great stuff BB. I disagreed with less than normal :rolleyes:

In fact, I agreed with most of it.

I do think that McAllister is a real weak point for us. Defensively, I think he is very poor. His delivery is also suspect. Am I being harsh?

I'm surprised you had McCombe so lowly marked. Perhaps his early season performances were poor (in your view) since his contribution in the later games was immense.

He played at right back for Newcastle reserves and was being suggested as a permanent replacement for Jamie Smith in that position after he replaced him away at Chesterfield when Smith was sent off in October 2004.

Remember it well and I was in the Directors Box at Chesterfraud in front of John Laycock when the "temprementally challenged" Smith camr crashing through from behind a Chesterfield player and we finished up 2-2.

Bradley's better off at RB and I think it was only him & Tins that thought he was a midfielder.

Great stuff BB. I disagreed with less than normal :rolleyes:

In fact, I agreed with most of it.

I do think that McAllister is a real weak point for us. Defensively, I think he is very poor. His delivery is also suspect. Am I being harsh?

McAllister's consistent but doesn't do enough in the final third to hit the highest standard.He's not as good a defender as Fontaine, but edges him positionally and going forward.Oh for a Darren Barnard or Stuart Pearce!!

I'm surprised you had McCombe so lowly marked. Perhaps his early season performances were poor (in your view) since his contribution in the later games was immense.

Spot on with McCombe and he only started 25 games.He took time to get going but came good

I'm surprised to see that Elliot and McIndoe didn't score higher over the course of the season in the ratings - I think both have had a bigger impact than Fontaine this time round.

They could have suffered a bit by playing almost every game ( More time to have a stinker) Elliott played through injury and I wouldn't be surprised if he needed an op in the close season.Elliott's form visibly tailed off as did his goals.

McIndoe's a player I rate but he needs to add positional discipline to his game to benefit the team and utilise coming inside as a "shock" as opposed to continual tactic.

What I think the ratings prove (and they are only ever one mans opinion) is that we are a team that is greater than it's individual parts and I think that's just how GJ wants it.Keeping that as he seeks more talented individuals to recreate, indeed, improve our challenge is going to be the clever & difficult bit!

Remember it well and I was in the Directors Box at Chesterfraud in front of John Laycock when the "temprementally challenged" Smith camr crashing through from behind a Chesterfield player and we finished up 2-2.

Bradley's better off at RB and I think it was only him & Tins that thought he was a midfielder.

Tinnion said at the time, "Bradley showed me during the second half on Saturday that he's ready and raring to play at right-back.

"He has captained Newcastle reserves from that position and, talking to people I know there, he is very comfortable in that role."

So he was clearly aware he could play there.

My recollection is that you were advocating Bradley should play as a centre back, but my memory may be playing tricks on me.

Tinnion said at the time, "Bradley showed me during the second half on Saturday that he's ready and raring to play at right-back.

"He has captained Newcastle reserves from that position and, talking to people I know there, he is very comfortable in that role."

So he was clearly aware he could play there.

My recollection is that you were advocating Bradley should play as a centre back, but my memory may be playing tricks on me.

He's OK at CB, but has made RB his own.Bags of room for improvement but I think we'll agree that he isn't the answer in central midfield.I hope he's fit & firing in three months because that eye socket/cheekbone is an awkward injury.Wilson or Ribiero are in the wings and I don't think anyone would begrudge either a chance?

Get well soon, Bradders.

Archived