IGNORED

Oh G0d! Its Started Again.....

Taunton_City

Me coming on here and bcfc website every half an hour looking for news about new signings and pre season friendlys :noexpression: Its going to be a long summer with no England in the euros :fastasleep:

You not going to pick a random team out of a hat to cheer for over the summer? :)

Me coming on here and bcfc website every half an hour looking for news about new signings and pre season friendlys :noexpression: Its going to be a long summer with no England in the euros :fastasleep:

ha ha I know the feeling, I have a week off of work and seem to be on here all the time looking for news!!! :disapointed2se:

You not going to pick a random team out of a hat to cheer for over the summer? :)

I'm not going to watch a minute of the Euro's after hearing that the BBC have recruited McClaren to be their guest in the studio. Talk about rubbing it our faces. I mean he gets paid for screwing up qualification, he gets a nice big severance pay packet to leave and now the BBC want to use our licence money to pay him to sit in the studio smarming his way through the three weeks? Whoever thought that up needs shooting.

Guest MaloneFM

You mean Bristol Citys Steve McClaren who backed us to the hilt in both games against on Sky Palace despite Phil Thompson and the other three gobs on sticks hinting he was mental?

Or the Steve McClaren that sat there grinning while the others were discussing how upset Warnock was and the ramifications of the pitch invasion with the fa?

Or the Steve McClaren who said the difference between the two managers is that Warnock hides his failings with bluster but Gary Johnson is basically an honest person and a good manager?

Or some other Steve McClaren maybe?

I'm not going to watch a minute of the Euro's after hearing that the BBC have recruited McClaren to be their guest in the studio. Talk about rubbing it our faces. I mean he gets paid for screwing up qualification, he gets a nice big severance pay packet to leave and now the BBC want to use our licence money to pay him to sit in the studio smarming his way through the three weeks? Whoever thought that up needs shooting.

If he was able to pick some decent English players we may have got there. As it is, we have a bunch of overhyped over rated English players :yes: who only look half decent for there clubs because of the world class foriegn talent that carries them through club matches :yes: .(Lampard and Gerrard to name two :yes: )

Steve McClaren had to watch the PLAYERS throw the game away against Croatia, if we had won that game and qualified, ive no doubt you would all be singing his praises and you would have installed England as favourites for Euro 2008 :yes: .

You mean Bristol Citys Steve McClaren who backed us to the hilt in both games against on Sky Palace despite Phil Thompson and the other three gobs on sticks hinting he was mental?

Or the Steve McClaren that sat there grinning while the others were discussing how upset Warnock was and the ramifications of the pitch invasion with the fa?

Or the Steve McClaren who said the difference between the two managers is that Warnock hides his failings with bluster but Gary Johnson is basically an honest person and a good manager?

Don't give a flying **** about his affliation to us in the past, he has no idea about the vast sums of cash some of has have spent on watching the tripe of the last campaign and I don't want his smug opinions rammed down my throat this summer so shant be watching. Is that ok with you Rog?

If he was able to pick some decent English players we may have got there. As it is, we have a bunch of overhyped over rated English players :yes: who only look half decent for there clubs because of the world class foriegn talent that carries them through club matches :yes: .(Lampard and Gerrard to name two :yes: )

Steve McClaren had to watch the PLAYERS throw the game away against Croatia, if we had won that game and qualified, ive no doubt you would all be singing his praises and you would have installed England as favourites for Euro 2008 :yes: .

Whilst I agree the players are overhyped and overrated, those at our disposal should've qualified from that group at a canter. Nobody can argue any different on that I'm afraid.

I've watched England home and away since 2005 and could tell the problems were there from the start of his tenure. Nobody bought his bullshit, nobody bought his selections and nobody bought his umbrella wearing pose for the majority of that Croatia game.

If by some miracle we had got there under him, I would've gone out there for a good craic as planned and like Germany was but I certainly wouldn't have installed us as favourites or sang his praises unless we did remarkably well.

You make some very interesting points here but neglected to mention what an incompetent fool or tatically inept McClaren is. I ask you who would put a novice goal keeper without a single Competitive international to his name on the biggest game of a qualification campain when nothing less than a win would be satifactory? .( Although a draw would have seen us through.)

Answer nobody in their right mind.

IMO Steve McClaren was never the right man for the job and was appointed for all the wrong reasons that doesnt mean to say i don't like him or dimiss his past with us. In same way as if say Andy Cole was to be on the opposing team i wouldnt want him to score against simple because he was a legend. Slightly diffrerent i know but none the less he was the wrong man for the job and his assistant a certain TV now let me see didnt he help out Bryan Robson when they were in danger of the drop, only for SM to take over be very inconsitant with Middlesborough or should that be Bottomsborough. Then low and behold he appoints the very man that saved Bottomsborough from the drop smacks of desperation really for me.

I usually agree with most of your posts however much injest they are but you have got this one very wrong. Rant over.

SM on the box commentating on Euro 2008 is very wrong on so many levels.

Archived