IGNORED

Only 4 More Seasons At Ashton Gate

Tim S

According to Steve Landsdown, the new stadium is going to be going ahead soon with plans being finalised.

The new stadium is set to be ready for the start of the 2012/13 season. That seems like lightyears away - but its only 4 years!

So just 4 more seasons at Ashton Gate then.

Guest churchill gaffer
According to Steve Landsdown, the new stadium is going to be going ahead soon with plans being finalised.

The new stadium is set to be ready for the start of the 2012/13 season. That seems like lightyears away - but its only 4 years!

So just 4 more seasons at Ashton Gate then.

WHERE DID YOU HEAR THIS?

My friend works as part of a team within the environmental agency on the stadium project. It is confidential but he has told me and the stadium is based on reading's madejski stadium.

You didn't hear it from me though shhhhh.

If this is true, then **** the new stadium.

I'd quite happily have a larger version of the KC Stadium in Hull which Millers were involved with.

Agreed.

SL made no secret of the fact that he loved the Ricoh on our first visit in the FA Cup mind.

Millers have had some shockers IMO - Saints, Crisp Bowl, Boro, STOKE. The way they filled in the corners at Old Trafford was a bit sketchy too if anyones been there.

Hopefully they've learnt though as KC is the way forward...

My friend works as part of a team within the environmental agency on the stadium project. It is confidential but he has told me and the stadium is based on reading's madejski stadium.

You didn't hear it from me though shhhhh.

I heard it was based on the MK doms stadium,

I heard it was based on the MK doms stadium,

I have seen the MK Dons stadium and I have to say its pretty impressive and I for one would be very happy with something like that.

The problem is that everyone has different opinions over what is good, what they like etc. In this thread alone there are about 5 different opinions over what people would like and what they wouldnt like the new stadium to be like. I just hope that people are able to get behind a new stadium once the plans are released.

No idea who the construction company will be, but I read the following article where SL's "personal advisor" re the new stadium was part of the new Wembley build. He mentions the atmosphere being a big part of stadium design and that led me to believe that he understands the importance of that. Hence my comments.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...e=sidebarsearch

yup .........

thats what I'd read

:englandsmile4wf:

No idea who the construction company will be, but I read the following article where SL's "personal advisor" re the new stadium was part of the new Wembley build. He mentions the atmosphere being a big part of stadium design and that led me to believe that he understands the importance of that. Hence my comments.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...e=sidebarsearch

Chris Booy and Lansdown must know each other from Thornbury Grammar School.

Same school as I. :winner_third_h4h:

It isn't classed as seating I believe.

It is seating and it allows the club to sell designated seats which was the main thrust of the Taylor report and is allowable legally.

It would be down to the people that issue the safety certificate as far as I know and nobody in the UK has tested the issue.

I'd like to see us at least discuss it with the council and the police for some small areas behind the goals.

It is seating and it allows the club to sell designated seats which was the main thrust of the Taylor report and is allowable legally.

It would be down to the people that issue the safety certificate as far as I know and nobody in the UK has tested the issue.

I'd like to see us at least discuss it with the council and the police for some small areas behind the goals.

I'm fully of what it is, however I'm pretty sure UEFA and the FA don't hold the same view.

don't safe standing areas incorporate seats anyway (albeit crappy ones)? allowing seats to be allocated.

so theres the safety issue address ed right there. however i really don't see standing happening at all.

We've always made a good noise at Reading, and the volume at the ricoh was immense when we did them in the cup replay - so the acoustics of both are certainly acceptable. I thought the ricoh was excellent.

I'm sure the standing thing wont be a problem - they'll put seats in, for all the reasons already mentioned, and we'll just stand!

Their fans couldn't hear us at the Ricoh - big debate about it after the game.

Oh right - didnt know that! always tends to sound loud when you're in the middle of it I suppose.

I seem to recall that at least one person could hear us - the little chappy just down by the side of the pitch who we were singing 'you'll be sacked by 10 o'clock' to ;)

Archived