IGNORED

Wembley

Guest churchill gaffer

Guest churchill gaffer

Does anybody know how much we are to make from our wembley appearance?

Last season SL said it's not fair that the play off finalist make more money than the automatic promoted teams.

Guest churchill gaffer
Does anybody know how much we are to make from our wembley appearance?

Last season SL said it's not fair that the play off finalist make more money than the automatic promoted teams.

I take it nobody knows?

I take it nobody knows?

Ive just been on the Football League site and the section regarding the play off rules, and its a bit confusing.

Section 6.2 says that 150% of the net gate receipts is paid into the pool account.

Section 6.3 then say that the remaining 50% is divided equally between the 2 clubs.

I can only think that the 150% referred to is a misprint and should read 50%, but in any event guess that we get 25% of the net gate receipts. While still worth having, seems a bit of a shafting that we sell half the tickets but get only a quarter of the pot.

Ive just been on the Football League site and the section regarding the play off rules, and its a bit confusing.

Section 6.2 says that 150% of the net gate receipts is paid into the pool account.

Section 6.3 then say that the remaining 50% is divided equally between the 2 clubs.

I can only think that the 150% referred to is a misprint and should read 50%, but in any event guess that we get 25% of the net gate receipts. While still worth having, seems a bit of a shafting that we sell half the tickets but get only a quarter of the pot.

thanks for clearing THAT UP THEN??!!

Wouldn't surprise me if it's not a misprint. After all, anyone who can make a mess of the ITV deal can't be too hot on addering (sic) up!!

I think there's a gentlemens' agreement between the two clubs these days, so the losing side takes the whole 50%.

not sure how true it is but i saw a figure a £0.5M quoted for what we made from the play offs

seems low but cant see it being best part of 2M as mentioned elsewhwere

who knows....we never will thats for sure !

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

74k tickets sold (by the clubs anyway), say an average seat price of £50 (lots of kids)... £3.7m.

So either about £900k or about £1.8m depending on whether or not there's an agreement on the losing side taking the lot.

Don't forget the semi finals were worth a fair bit as well, a sell out at Ashton Gate could be worth £300-400k.

That and the big attendances towards the end of the season may almost cover what we spent in transfers.

3 live Sky games in the play-offs too. Presumably we get a few quid from that. Anyone know how much?

I think TV revenue from the play-offs belongs to the league - there's something about it in the handbook mentioned above.

What I couldn't find was a decent description of this "pool" referred to and what it is.

Archived