IGNORED

End Of Season Review

brad blit

Seeing as the season is finally over and everyone has already started about new players (and old!!!) - It seemed a good time to think about the players individually and to give them a rating over the past year. Il base it on the starting line-up from Saturday and include all players who played a major part (although they all did!!)

1) Basso - Superb all year and made many saves to keep us in countless games. 8

2) Orr - Another player who I didnt believe could make the step up but fully proved me wrong. 8

3) McAllister - Generally had a good season but struggled at times and gave away alot of fouls which were costly. 7

4) Fontaine - Brilliant start to the season but lost his place to McCombe / Vasko and never regained it. 7

5) Carey - Player of the year for me, always reliable and is Mr Bristol City for me. 9

6) Elliot - A brilliant signing whom none of predicted, been the tough tackler, all action midfielder we always wanted. 9

7) Noble - Despite playing well last few games, his fitness problems have hindered him. 6

8) Carle - A slow start to the season as he still adapting but starting to prove what a good player he is. 7

9) Adebola - Been a good buy with some vital goals but not the long term option. 7

10) Trundle - Like everyone thought he could be THE player but despite showing promise of late has struggled this year. 6

11) McIndoe - Another inspired signing, hard working quality player who was only just shaded to player of the year. 9

McCombe - Has been a bit part player compared to last year but started to show last years form as of late. 7

Johnson - Another I thought may struggle at this league. Generally did well but may play less now due to Carle. 7

Sproule - Big potential but yet to fully show it, despite Soton wonder goal. Just needs to learn about the right runs. 6

Byfield - Scored some vital goals and worked tirelessly but generally used briefly to cover injuries. 7

I expect most will disagree with parts or all of it.... but thats what makes football so interesting in that we all see different things....

Your thoughts???

agree with most parts apart from the fact that basso gets player of the year from me. he has been superb this season

carey a 9? :disapointed2se: got to be a 10 hasn't it? :winner_third_h4h:

Well someone like Ronaldo this year for example would get a 10 for me..... Carey has been brilliant but certainly not perfect.

Well someone like Ronaldo this year for example would get a 10 for me..... Carey has been brilliant but certainly not perfect.

i was being sarcastic tbh mate. yeah i would agree with that. carey has not been as brilliant as he has been in recent years but still been a rock IMO. ivan has disappionted me this year what with all the hype and talk of him having scored hat tricks against rangers (or was it celtic?). anyway i just feel that he hasnt had the ability or maybe the confidence to take on defenders and get a decent cross in. he gets a 4 from me.

i was being sarcastic tbh mate. yeah i would agree with that. carey has not been as brilliant as he has been in recent years but still been a rock IMO. ivan has disappionted me this year what with all the hype and talk of him having scored hat tricks against rangers (or was it celtic?). anyway i just feel that he hasnt had the ability or maybe the confidence to take on defenders and get a decent cross in. he gets a 4 from me.

He's bloody quick though :D

I think the thing with Ivan is that we all expected so much.... certainley the amount of times iv been screaming from the Dolman to take his man on or make the run through has been countless!!! It could be a confidence thing but hes played enough, I just think sometimes he shows hes more of an athlete than a footballer with his raw pace but poor footballing sense and technique. But hes still young in his first year in England so I'm hoping he could still be that player yet.

Seeing as the season is finally over and everyone has already started about new players (and old!!!) - It seemed a good time to think about the players individually and to give them a rating over the past year. Il base it on the starting line-up from Saturday and include all players who played a major part (although they all did!!)

1) Basso - Superb all year and made many saves to keep us in countless games. 8

2) Orr - Another player who I didnt believe could make the step up but fully proved me wrong. 8

3) McAllister - Generally had a good season but struggled at times and gave away alot of fouls which were costly. 7

4) Fontaine - Brilliant start to the season but lost his place to McCombe / Vasko and never regained it. 7

5) Carey - Player of the year for me, always reliable and is Mr Bristol City for me. 9

6) Elliot - A brilliant signing whom none of predicted, been the tough tackler, all action midfielder we always wanted. 9

7) Noble - Despite playing well last few games, his fitness problems have hindered him. 6

8) Carle - A slow start to the season as he still adapting but starting to prove what a good player he is. 7

9) Adebola - Been a good buy with some vital goals but not the long term option. 7

10) Trundle - Like everyone thought he could be THE player but despite showing promise of late has struggled this year. 6

11) McIndoe - Another inspired signing, hard working quality player who was only just shaded to player of the year. 9

McCombe - Has been a bit part player compared to last year but started to show last years form as of late. 7

Johnson - Another I thought may struggle at this league. Generally did well but may play less now due to Carle. 7

Sproule - Big potential but yet to fully show it, despite Soton wonder goal. Just needs to learn about the right runs. 6

Byfield - Scored some vital goals and worked tirelessly but generally used briefly to cover injuries. 7

I expect most will disagree with parts or all of it.... but thats what makes football so interesting in that we all see different things....

Your thoughts???

nice on mate i agree with most of it except i would give basso a 9 as he has kept us in a lot of games this season, also you forgot the fans - have turned up every week in numbers very loud and can get the team going very important to carry this form into next season!!!! :chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

Stiil young?

For a 26/27 year old he has very poor positional sense and doesn't know when to pass/run with the ball

I hope i'm proved wrong, he has so much potential, i just hope he realises it.

Think it said in the wembeley program that hes only been a profesional for 4 years?? He was a late find just like trundle! Which would explain why theyre far from perfect!!

Think it said in the wembeley program that hes only been a profesional for 4 years?? He was a late find just like trundle! Which would explain why theyre far from perfect!!

Ok fair enough, didnt realise hed only been a pro for 4 years. Explains alot :whistle2:

Archived