IGNORED

What Mobile Phone?

Taz

I'm nearing the end of my current Voda(waste of time)fone contract, and am looking around for a replacement phone to my Sony Ericsson W850i.

I'm looking at the Samsung Soul and G800, although apparently the ring volume isn't great on either. Also looking at the Nokia N95 which has great reviews and seems the dogs, BUT it is a bit too bulky really.

Other than that I don't have a clue what I should get. Can anybody give me a few pointers please?

Yeah that's another that I have looked at recently. I always was a Nokia person, but they seemed to go off the plot for a while and started to make crap. They seem to be getting back to their best lately though.

As for Vodafone, after being with them for well over 5 years enough is enough. They've got progressively worse and the customer serivce is non-existant. I'm counting down the days until it ends...

Probably going to end up on Orange.

I've had 2 N seris phones. The first was a N80 ended up with 4 new handsets in 18 months, it was slow, crap for the internet and didn't take the updates from nokia's web site. The N95 wasn't much better, screen broke down 3 times in the first 6 months plus there's so many features, do you really do more than send texts and phone someone with the odd picture thrown in?

Got a 6500 slide piece of cake to use and works all the time

I've decided to go for the new Samsung one (u900 soul or something).

I don't give a monkeys about all the gimmicks but the Samsung d900 I have now has been 100% reliable and I like the size of it.

I suppose having a half decent camera on it might be useful too.

Yeah that's another that I have looked at recently. I always was a Nokia person, but they seemed to go off the plot for a while and started to make crap. They seem to be getting back to their best lately though.

As for Vodafone, after being with them for well over 5 years enough is enough. They've got progressively worse and the customer serivce is non-existant. I'm counting down the days until it ends...

Probably going to end up on Orange.

Orange are doing the black n82, and if you smile sweetly enough, you should be able to wangle it out of them for free.

Ive got this phone, and ive never been as impressed with a phone as I am with this one.

Had it nearly 4 months now and had no techincal problems with it. Took some brilliant pictures/video at Wembley this weekend, 5mp camera on it.

I nearly got the Samsung touch screen one, the only reason I didnt was because I can type texts without looking and thought having buttons would be easier. Shout if you want to know anything else.

Guest MaloneFM

I suggest the GPO and one of those ones with the dial in the middle that goes around and traps your fingers.

And carry it around with a long lead.

I'm nearing the end of my current Voda(waste of time)fone contract, and am looking around for a replacement phone to my Sony Ericsson W850i.

I'm looking at the Samsung Soul and G800, although apparently the ring volume isn't great on either. Also looking at the Nokia N95 which has great reviews and seems the dogs, BUT it is a bit too bulky really.

Other than that I don't have a clue what I should get. Can anybody give me a few pointers please?

if you haven't already got a phone, it might be worth waiting a month or so for the new iphone, which reading up seems like it's going to be utterly and totally amazing and ALOT cheaper than the current one.

I've got an unlocked orginal iphone and it's fantasic, I wasn't a fan when I first saw them, but once I'd used a friends I just had to have it, though if you are a fan of the N95, it might be also worth holding on for a month or two and getting the N96 or Sony Ericsson X1 both of which look a bit special.

The N82 is a more recent N series phone, and Nokia seem to have ironed the problems they were having out now.

Well ive got an N81 and i hate it, it heavy, hard to hold, the navi is rubbish, its slow, it crashes it has poor batt life, the media interface is so 2006 and it scratches easy. the software upgrades are non existant and my general thoughts are i hate Nokia now.

Its Sony, every day without question.

if you haven't already got a phone, it might be worth waiting a month or so for the new iphone, which reading up seems like it's going to be utterly and totally amazing and ALOT cheaper than the current one.

I've got an unlocked orginal iphone and it's fantasic, I wasn't a fan when I first saw them, but once I'd used a friends I just had to have it, though if you are a fan of the N95, it might be also worth holding on for a month or two and getting the N96 or Sony Ericsson X1 both of which look a bit special.

Interesting - I never really liked the look or feel of the I-phone (although I haven't admittedly used it). Was too big for my liking... I shall look up those one's you've mentioned, sound good.

Edit: I think I've just fallen for the N96, looks lovely and has good features. At the moment its expected sometimes between August and October :(

Funnily enough I had an upgrade this week and I chose the Sony W960, which so far has been very good.

It can be a little fiddly using the touch screen, but other than that pretty impressive. The 8GB memory is useful too.

I am a bit of a Sony fanboy though, and I cant stand Nokias. :closedeyes:

Has anybody ever got anything from Dial-a-phone, and are they any good?

Also what network would people advise? Vodafone are ok but the customer service is shocking, and the balance enquiry is always about 2-3 days off.

Can't go wrong with a Blackberry.

When you decide on the phone you want though make sure you can get what ever you can with it. If you shop around you can get things like a Xbox etc. With my phone I got a Free laptop, Cash back and accessories kit.

W850I my girlfriend has had nothing but Problems with this phone i was looking at the Sony Ericsson C902 but the Apple phone is appealing to me to

Ended up with an N95, had a play with it in the shop and was quite happy with it.

Gone to Orange paying £40 a month for 850 minutes and 400 texts, plus the magic number.

To hell with Vodafone :disapointed2se:

Apparently the new I-phones out in July will retail at just over a tonne.

I think I'm going to wait and just buy one of those.

Just upgraded from my old iphone to the 3G, the 3G makes a hell of a difference, going out shortly so hopefully will test out the GPS and see if it gets me lost or not......AMAZING PHONE.....however the build quality and feel of the unit isn't as good as the orginal, however with the difference in the price of the handsets I suppose something had to give, that said it's still as good a feel as any other phone I've held, unfortunately the iPhone set the standard so high, it's was going to be hard to repeat that said, others I disagree and prefer it.

either way........quality handset

Just upgraded from my old iphone to the 3G, the 3G makes a hell of a difference, going out shortly so hopefully will test out the GPS and see if it gets me lost or not......AMAZING PHONE.....however the build quality and feel of the unit isn't as good as the orginal, however with the difference in the price of the handsets I suppose something had to give, that said it's still as good a feel as any other phone I've held, unfortunately the iPhone set the standard so high, it's was going to be hard to repeat that said, others I disagree and prefer it.

either way........quality handset

Yeah I'm just disappointed that it's only available on a shit network. I'm going to have to get hold of an import I think.

Archived