IGNORED

Connections

Guest shane

Guest shane

surely with are connections at everton moyes and lumsden even pompey with joe jordan they would bring there team down to ashton.

surely with are connections at everton moyes and lumsden even pompey with joe jordan they would bring there team down to ashton.

Could not agree more. I am as surprised as you. (all away games) Forest Green 12th July, Yeovil 21st July, Hereford 22nd July, Bournmouth 26th July.

and Cheltenham on 29th July

First weekend in August was a date we often had a home friendly - problem is we tend to play a team from the lowers leagues that day

Bristol Rovers are a team too low for us to play. We want some!!! Competitiveness at least.

Sorry, I was obviously wrong.

We need to play a bunch of Premier League kids who won't emulate a competitive match environment.

Or a La Liga team who will have us chasing shadows and show us how good they are compared to us.

sry cynic i didnt elaborate. I ment its not important to play a friendlys like a cup final, more important to get tactics and positional focus correct. Its not about the oppersition and how good they are, its about us and what GJ wants them to try out new tactcs etc.

sry cynic i didnt elaborate. I ment its not important to play a friendlys like a cup final, more important to get tactics and positional focus correct. Its not about the oppersition and how good they are, its about us and what GJ wants them to try out new tactcs etc.

But how can you try out new tactics / positional play without facing opposition who will test you in these departments? If you play some dire Sunday League opposition, their marking sense will be very poor, and will make every tactic work like a charm. High standard players will track, mark and defend with the calibre of our Championship opponents.

Archived