IGNORED

Hey Guys

Jesus

Hey guys and girls,

Just got back from Wembley and needed to get a few things off my chest!!!

Right, first of all what a great weekend with a mixture of emotions.... Started the Saturday off with a nervey interview on Setanta sports (Hope i didnt let you guys down) and then a taxi ride to Wembley.

Firstly, what a rubbish atmosphere, wow, I mean a game away from the prem and we couldn't make a decent noise!!!! I wasnt convinced about the day trip thing but ###### me, ive never seen so many day trippers since alton towers..... I almost fell over about 6 picnic baskets on the way in.

Secondly, I'm so proud if Bristol City Football Club, what aseason we've had, well done to everyone on the books at City!!!!!

Thirdly, I'm a friend of Richard Keoghs and I never bloody saw that coming.........

Can't wait for next season when we are promoted as Champions.....And please, please, please, day trip, glory hunting, sandwich munching, non singing city day trippers.... can you please give me a space in the EAST END next season.... You lot have nicked me seat because I've been poor for months.

Christ almighty. Yet another post that is in the main, a moan about part-timers.

These "part-timers" might be future season ticket holders. These "part-timers" helped to fill our end of the ground which can never happen with just the uber-fans like yourself.

Give it a rest. It got boring on Sunday.

Glad your back by the way. :fastasleep:

Christ almighty. Yet another post that is in the main, a moan about part-timers.

These "part-timers" might be future season ticket holders. These "part-timers" helped to fill our end of the ground which can never happen with just the uber-fans like yourself.

Must have stopped in every pub on way home.....

Hey guys and girls,

Right, first of all what a great weekend with a mixture of emotions.... Started the Saturday off with a nervey interview on Setanta sports (Hope i didnt let you guys down) and then a taxi ride to Wembley.

Firstly, what a rubbish atmosphere, wow, I mean a game away from the prem and we couldn't make a decent noise!!!! I wasnt convinced about the day trip thing but ###### me, ive never seen so many day trippers since alton towers..... I almost fell over about 6 picnic baskets on the way in.

Secondly, I'm so proud if Bristol City Football Club, what aseason we've had, well done to everyone on the books at City!!!!!

Thirdly, I'm a friend of Richard Keoghs and I never bloody saw that coming.........

Can't wait for next season when we are promoted as Champions.....And please, please, please, day trip, glory hunting, sandwich munching, non singing city day trippers.... can you please give me a space in the EAST END next season.... You lot have nicked me seat because I've been poor for months.

What, you never expected the club to fulfil its obligation by sending him a letter offering him a contract so they could claim compensation because he's under 24?

I know they messed up with Liam Rosenior, but you didn't really expect them to make the same mistake again, did you?

Once bitten and all that.

Didn't see these ''future season ticket holders'' after Brighton, I didn't see them after Stoke, and I didn't see them at swansea when we were smashed to bits!!!!!

Someone even had the cheek to shout at me ''sit down'' when the players were walking on the pitch.

I'm not getting on my high horse, but lets face it, the atmosphere was dire........ give me the east end everyday.

• Admin
Didn't see these ''future season ticket holders'' after Brighton, I didn't see them after Stoke, and I didn't see them at swansea when we were smashed to bits!!!!!

Someone even had the cheek to shout at me ''sit down'' when the players were walking on the pitch.

I'm not getting on my high horse, but lets face it, the atmosphere was dire........ give me the east end everyday.

Yes, much better not to be successful so we don't find ourselves in these sorts of situations in future.

How do you know you haven't seen them after these games.

As far as I know (and I can't be arsed to look), season ticket sales have increased every season for the last 2 or 3 (maybe more)?

Some of these new joiners had to be "part-timers" at some stage.

The simple fact is, our club will not survive without new blood coming in. If 5% of the "day-trippers" turn to regulars and then turn to season ticket holders or foundation members etc., then off the field, that has to be a brilliant result.

All i'm trying to say is there is always going to be part-timers at that sort of event and that is fine by me.

I know a season ticket holder who brought his wife who hasn't been all season. She didn't sing, she sat down the whole game and is just another "part-timer" in some peoples eyes.

BUT, she cared that City lost.

She would never dream of kicking off about the cost of the season ticket for her husband and son (and his City foundation annual cost) so their membership continues, probably for life.

In my view, she had a right to be there as her husband and son were entitled to 4 tickets due to their yearly financial input to the club. They took 3.

One day she might decide to join them more regularly or she might not. But give me one good reason why this "part-timer" should not have been at Wembley.

Yes, much better not to be successful so we don't find ourselves in these sorts of situations in future.

Did i say anything about not being successful? All I'm saying is that the support was crap!! And that was due to the day trippers

Well if we ever get there again shall we just say season ticket holders only at Wembley and have 10000 fans there?

My dad started going to watch City in 1978, previous to this he watched football at Hereford, Cardiff and the occasional City game, he jumped on the bandwagon of top flight football way back then, he has renewed his season ticket since that year for the past 30 years. Oh and off the back of that me and my 3 brothers also started going. Glory hunting, yes, but 4 new fans came out of it that weren't there before.

This utter crap people keep spouting off about daytrippers and glory hunting is frankly boring, If you want to watch City in the future for just you and your mates then continue to berate these fans, without these people, Wembley would have seen one end full and the other near empty with the world laughing at how crap the support of our football club is.

Well your lucky i got attacked for standing before the game

What makes me laugh about all this part timer shite and not singing is. Plently of people go to Ashton Gate and don't sing, but if someone sees someone at Wembley who doesnt sing, bounce and stand all day, they are instantly there for the day out.

Also we have a 30/40k stadium coming, we need new fans to fill this or would people rather have it filled with 16k people?

One day she might decide to join them more regularly or she might not. But give me one good reason why this "part-timer" should not have been at Wembley.

Spot on!

I took my god daughter to Wembley, shes 7, she also went to a couple of games towards the end of last season. Shes only just been old enough

a) for her Mum to be willing to let me take her away from her Mum for more than a couple of hours and

b) for a football match to hold her attention span long enough.

Shes always watched football on the telly but her parents never took her to a game, so I decided to be the one to do it. She is now completely hooked and demanding I take her to games next season. She also proudly ran up and down her road the day after the game (in a predominantly R*vers area) waving the flag she got, and singing all the songs she'd learnt at Wembley. We were even in Pizza hut today and she started singing

"Johnson says get behind the team!"

Why should she have not gone to Wembley, shes a fan now, and a future game attendee if I have anything to do with it.

totally agreed

all the fans that went to wembley witnessed a piece of history, the highest every attendance for a city game, the result wasn't what we wanted, but if only 10% of the extra 20000+ that were at wembley compared to ashton gates attendances we'd have full houses every game

the atmosphere at wembley was always going to be strange compared to ashton gate because we were all sat in different places, the atmosphere sounded good on the highlights, it was such a tense nervous game that there were always going to be quiet spells in my opinion

guys you had a great season ,you had your chance ,i don't think you will stand a chance next season ,sorry

Now we`ve warmed to the pace of this division WATCH OUT; We are City, we are City JOHNSON is our king :dance:

We`re only warming up; bring it on pal we`ll be ready. :city:

Did i say anything about not being successful? All I'm saying is that the support was crap!! And that was due to the day trippers

The support was as good if not better than Dull`s close on 37000 ciderheads all praying for a win and behind the team; o.k. maybe some didnt gob off so much as others but each to his/her own;united under this :city:

Cannot believe yet another daytrippers/part-timer post; For ONE MINUTE OR ONE LIFETIME WE ARE CITY :disapointed2se:

Of course they will all become S/T holders, just like they all have since there last trip to the millenium stadium :disapointed2se:

Face facts, most of them don't even support City,( like the bloke i work with whose daughter aged 29, got 4 tickets and it was her first football match) IT WAS JUST A DAY OUT FOR THEM. Courtesy of the BCFC/Ticketmaster lottery held a couple of sundays ago. :whistle2:

Hey guys and girls,

Good god. I cannot believe this plank walked all the way back from Wembley and the first thing he wants to do is moan about the day!!

Great day. Great atmosphere, from where i was sat anyway (top tier). Monumental day for the future of our club committing hundreds hopefully thousands to watching City every week. Neo spot on. I was sat a row behind guys i recognised as season ticket holders and they barely sang a word all game and only stood to greet the team on to the pitch. However they DID stay to applaud the stupendous sfforts of our future Premier League team along with myself and my pals after the final whistle. To each there own and may we please end all of this garbage about 'part timers' as various aforementioned cases above have proved, yesterdays part timer is todays committed fan.

guys you had a great season ,you had your chance ,i don't think you will stand a chance next season ,sorry

Apology accepted. But who cares what you think? Another 'big' club fan who just can't stand our current and future success. We haven't missed our chance and we will eclipse last season with promotion this time round. Being a black country boy optimism will not feature to highly in your make-up, so you probably won't understand what i'm saying

wembley has always been like that since it was all seater, nobody can group together because of the individual seating arrangement.

I can just about remember when we went in the 80s (esp that stripper at the mansfield game :w00t: ) seemed ok then but there was a terrace surrounding the pitch.

at the time we only had crowds of about 12,000. But we managed to fill our ends with these so called "part timers"

atmosphere seemed ok then

anyway i didn't go this time, what does that make me?

wembley has always been like that since it was all seater, nobody can group together because of the individual seating arrangement.

I can just about remember when we went in the 80s (esp that stripper at the mansfield game :w00t: ) seemed ok then but there was a terrace surrounding the pitch.

at the time we only had crowds of about 12,000. But we managed to fill our ends with these so called "part timers"

atmosphere seemed ok then

anyway i didn't go this time, what does that make me?

You didn't go for our biggest game in our history ?

Its people like you who make me sick !!

:whistle2::D

The issue is not day trippers or part timers as any person is welcome and has the right to got to a football match

following bristol city and if they come they come it is not a bother to me, the problem is ticket allocation, it is also about the person you are! i mean if your old, young, wear a football shirt, don't wear a football shirt, face painted, wigs, horn playing drum beating, designer gear it doesn't matter as long as you wanted to go in the so called singing, flag waving, drum beating, horn blowing area without upsetting the people around you, as you know what your going to get as i knew what

i was getting sat where i was at wembley, a subduded atmosphere because of the way the tickets system not mixing people

that well in terms of where you want to sit and with who, thats the point people from all the spectrum of bristol citys support could have gathered together IF tickets were sold in an area for those who maybe dressed different and different ages etc, but had the same idea in mind so say ''the eastend feel'' positive, vocal, visual support and like wise those that do not want this but like to sit and watch and the game in peace or were out with the missus and kids for the day, which does include being old, young, wearing a football shirt, don't wear a football shirt, face painted, wigs, horn playing drum beating, designer gear and fancy dress people can go to an area in peace, it's not your age or what you look like it is what you want out of your football day out and the ticket system did not cater for it at all and just left people frustrated who follow city in a vocal and visual way were told to shut up by fans who could not name the team let alone sing a city song, but hey they got to start somewhere, but it subduded those who created a good atmosphere all season at home and away palace and charlton for one, at a not sold out and unreserved stand as people gathered around those they know and are comfortable with,

it works both ways as reserved sold out games such as southampton away it came to blows with fellow fans and this can't

be right as the mix is not working.

All fans are welcome new and old but just sort the ticket system out.

fair enough, look i don't want to start this into a ''I'm a better fan than you'' thread!!! I just wanted to say that I thought the Atmosphere was poor.....

Doesn't look like John Motson agrees with you... "Wembley was rocking last Saturday" was the quote I believe...

Dan

Archived