IGNORED

Atmosphere Saturday

mark whitehouse

According to John Motson who is commentating on the England game tonight against USA, he said the atmosphere for our final against Hull was rockin compared to tonights game which he says is subdued....

Now I agree........

wembley is so big the atmosphere carries a long way in circumference... i thought it was very good also So was Hull to be honest we were sat in block 551 and heard them as well...

Imagine cramming only 30,000 into Ashton Gate like in the 70s on terraces.. can you remember the atmosphere then........

According to John Motson who is commentating on the England game tonight against USA, he said the atmosphere for our final against Hull was rockin compared to tonights game which he says is subdued....

Now I agree........

wembley is so big the atmosphere carries a long way in circumference... i thought it was very good also So was Hull to be honest we were sat in block 551 and heard them as well...

Imagine cramming only 30,000 into Ashton Gate like in the 70s on terraces.. can you remember the atmosphere then........

just heard him also Mark. I was also in block 551 and thought the atmosphere was great, the noise from the Hull end just after they scored and on a few other times was amazing.

just heard him also Mark. I was also in block 551 and thought the atmosphere was great, the noise from the Hull end just after they scored and on a few other times was amazing.

I guess it was a block 551 thing as I was in the same block and have commented previously that I thought it was alright atmosphere wise.

Probably proves that you can only hear the noise within 70 odd yards of you, unless it is a collective roar such as a goal.

Same on 5Live just before the game.

Straight after the National Anthem and surveying a two thirds full stadium the commentator said, "Where are the Bristol City and Hull fans when you need them?"

Motson sounded genuinely impressed by the passion shown by the City and Hull fans.

Looking around the fans in Block 124 on Saturday the intensely passionate support for City, both from individuals and collectively, was unquestionable.

Just a lot of chest thumping by the "real supporters"

I don't think they like "new supporters" and blame any perceived lack of atmosphere upon those who don't normally attend games.

The irony is, if we are successful, those new supporters will become "real supporters" in about 5 years time and look down upon the "day trippers, glory hunters etc".

Bit of a circle really and, like a circle, pointless.

tbh always been the same remember watchin millwall on me birthday quite a few years back went in the wedlocks for a pint as we wereoff into town after the match we were togged out in best designer gear city fans thought we were millwall , sat in atyeo had to step in to stop me mate from getting a slap even though we were singing an getting behind the team non more fickle than a city fan

It was good where I was, I don't generally sing, but I'll clap along to all the songs and shout 'Come On You Reds' and the like.

I've always thought we have too many clever songs with words most of the crowd don't know.

The songs we did hear from Hull were the usual, hull city fc by far the..... come on you hull, stand up if you're going to win. ones everyone in their crowd knew.

I thought we were very loud when songs most knew were sung. The 'Come On You Reds' just before kick off made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I was near the front and the volume from behind was unbelievable.

So big crowd away from home where the singers arent all together, keep it simple stupid and those of us who don't always sing will join in.

woke up sunday morning voice had gone did my bit for the boys thought we outsung hull tbh sounded ok to me where i was standin(was at the back noone behind me to tell me to sit down)

Unfortunately you are wrong there, from where I was sat on half way line, the Hull fans made a lot more noise most of the time our fans were sat in a state of silence with the occasional chant of come on you reds when we got the odd corner. The compare could not even get our boys up with a rendition of Johnson says or when they played drink uou ye cider. It all fairness we were very disappointing.

You must be deaf in one ear.

It was rocking in most of the blocks - songs and chants were being started up from the left, right and centre and moving around the whole end.

As for the USA style crap at the start - leave it out please.

I don't need to be told when to make a noise and I don't like that sort of crap at all. That's stopped at the Gate thank God, and rightly so.

I was silent throughout that rubbish and so were many around me, some were a bit embarrassed by it I think.

The noise we made was awesome and the equal of Hull.

Totally agree, i was in Block 124 and thought the atmosphere was excellent considering the size of the ground and the dispersal of "proper" fans all around our end. 100% better than the Brighton play off.

Unfortunately you are wrong there, from where I was sat on half way line, the Hull fans made a lot more noise most of the time our fans were sat in a state of silence with the occasional chant of come on you reds when we got the odd corner. The compare could not even get our boys up with a rendition of Johnson says or when they played drink uou ye cider. It all fairness we were very disappointing.

Yeah I was in Block 123 and the atmos from us was not great.

Why did they play Drink up the cider - the only words anyone knows is the chorus, why not One for the Bristol City?

But when both the teams came out the noise made from both fans was the first time my ears hurt since a Motorhead concert ages ago.

From where I was sat, thought the noise was pretty good - always difficult with big spread out crowds, unless well known chants such as 'Come on you Reds' e.t.c.

In reality, as long as you supported the team in the best way you can (which has to be a personal decision), then that's good enough! Been to places like Newcastle, Carlisle, Boro, Hartlepool, where peope have travelled long journeys to sit quietly and watch the game, with an occasional chant/clap - each to their own is what I say, as these people are just as much supporters as the noisiest.

Up the City

PGR

It was good where I was, I don't generally sing, but I'll clap along to all the songs and shout 'Come On You Reds' and the like.

I've always thought we have too many clever songs with words most of the crowd don't know.

The songs we did hear from Hull were the usual, hull city fc by far the..... come on you hull, stand up if you're going to win. ones everyone in their crowd knew.

I thought we were very loud when songs most knew were sung. The 'Come On You Reds' just before kick off made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I was near the front and the volume from behind was unbelievable.

So big crowd away from home where the singers arent all together, keep it simple stupid and those of us who don't always sing will join in.

Could not agree more....... keep it simple......... when the section (Up In The Gods) that I was in 532 heard the chant that was going round we were all straight in there....... unity and the noise was loud.

As I stated in another post all those that I work with mentioned that all you could hear on the TV was the Bristol City fans most of the match...... I don't know who these part timers are (maybe I'm one?...... City for all my life) but it did not strike me that anyone I was sat around...... didn't support the Bristol City or were not Bristol City through and through......

I blame the real fans.......... just can't hack anyone else loving their team...... because all of us know nobody is more City than them? ;)

I guess it was a block 551 thing as I was in the same block and have commented previously that I thought it was alright atmosphere wise.

Probably proves that you can only hear the noise within 70 odd yards of you, unless it is a collective roar such as a goal.

I was in block 550, and I thought the atmosphere was good..... the boys in the end row were singing throughout and made everybody want to join in....... although we were near to the hull fans they were quiet as f@@@ ( until they scored... and that only lasted for all of 10 minutes)

Could not agree more....... keep it simple......... when the section (Up In The Gods) that I was in 532 heard the chant that was going round we were all straight in there....... unity and the noise was loud.

As I stated in another post all those that I work with mentioned that all you could hear on the TV was the Bristol City fans most of the match...... I don't know who these part timers are (maybe I'm one?...... City for all my life) but it did not strike me that anyone I was sat around...... didn't support the Bristol City or were not Bristol City through and through......

I blame the real fans.......... just can't hack anyone else loving their team...... because all of us know nobody is more City than them? ;)

at last people talking sense!!!! We all support BCFC and want the best.... so please no more of i'm a better fan than you

Archived