IGNORED

Jermaine Beckford

easton boy

Yes , yes, yes I know, most of you will probably say OF COURSE HE's Worth a bid, but previous attempts to sign him by other clubs have fallen on deaf ears(anyone remember his Derby Comments........)

But his agent has come out tonight on BBC Ceefax and said (words to the effect), " he will be here next season unless someone comes in with an offer that Leeds can't refuse"

Yes , yes, yes I know, most of you will probably say OF COURSE HE's Worth a bid, but previous attempts to sign him by other clubs have fallen on deaf ears(anyone remember his Derby Comments........)

But his agent has come out tonight on BBC Ceefax and said (words to the effect), " he will be here next season unless someone comes in with an offer that Leeds can't refuse"

The words I have heard from 2 lads in our office who follow Forest and Huddersfield, he wasn't anything special at all (and actually neither rated Leeds).

Good record for Scunny in League 1 but I think we should look for better.

According to some leeds fans he tends to miss more than he hits

For me i'd like to see Maynard down the gate, a goal ratio of 0.54, even after being out for 4 months with a broken leg went on hit 15 goals in a struggling team. would imagine we would certainly have to push the boat out to get him though, I reckon at least 1.5 mill, another thing to remember is Crewe have a excellent record of producing quality players.

According to some leeds fans he tends to miss more than he hits

For me i'd like to see Maynard down the gate, a goal ratio of 0.54, even after being out for 4 months with a broken leg went on hit 15 goals in a struggling team. would imagine we would certainly have to push the boat out to get him though, I reckon at least 1.5 mill, another thing to remember is Crewe have a excellent record of producing quality players.

yep, the other thing about Maynard, and all the Crewe players is that they are bought up to be good respectful pros, rather than big time charlies with big attitude problems, so from that point of view, they are just the kind of people that GJ would prefer as well I reckon. I think Leeds would be asking a for a similar sort of price for Beckford, and whilst I wouldnt be unhappy if he was brought in, I would prefer Maynard.

He has scored lots of goals in league one, for S****horpe and for Leeds. I can only say that from what I saw in the Playoff final versus Donny, but I hope he sorts his attitude out, as he was constantly blaming his teammates for mistakes when his own decision making left a lot to be desired. He clearly is a player with what we lack up front, pace in abundance, but is he a Gary Johnson player? If we did sign him, it is clear Leeds want a high offer, and if he did sign on the back of a Trundle-esque fee he would offer our side something different.

Whomever Pete Johnson finds us, I'm sure Johnson will make sure they are willing to work hard for the team and push on from this very successful season. If it is Beckford, when he puts on that Red shirt I will cheer him to the hilt... because we are Bristol City and we ALWAYS believe!!!

As an after thought, how great is it that BCFC are now potentially capable of bringing in these exciting summer transfers that all fans love. I for one, can't wait for the new signings to be announced.

Guest shane

spoke to a leeds season ticket holder who was dropping some material at site spoke about wembley etc.they were in the green man too i brought up beckford he said was good in there league but not good enough for championship would bite are hand off if we offered a million.

No, he ain't worth a bid. A Carlisle fan I know says he's the worst striker to have ever donned their shirt and he isn't particularly rated in League One either. Just had one good half season with Scunny. There's better strikers out there.

Archived