IGNORED

Signings

avidcity

Reading through the press and the web pages it seems to be that every club is linked with signing somebody except for us!!

In fact the only thing I have seen is a 'hard to believe' 1m bid for Liam Fontaine from Liverpool.

Are we a victim of our own success? Have we been left behind a little bit due to our season finishing later than everyone else.

Thoughts?

Reading through the press and the web pages it seems to be that every club is linked with signing somebody except for us!!

In fact the only thing I have seen is a 'hard to believe' 1m bid for Liam Fontaine from Liverpool.

Are we a victim of our own success? Have we been left behind a little bit due to our season finishing later than everyone else.

Thoughts?

I think that we're only a few days into the off season and you need to take a chill pill.

Most of the players will be off on Holiday for a few weeks and then you'll see some activity..

The less we're mentioned, the better it is for our club!

As the Johnsons both say, the more clubs that are linked with a player, the higher the fee demanded by the agent.

I'm happy if all our transfer actions are kept top secret, and we sign high-quality players at reasonable fees.

Thoughts?

Surely you don't believe everything you read in the press and on football rumours do you?

The one thing we know from experience is that GJ keeps his transfer activity close to his chest, and I hope it stays that way - why advertise a good deal so other clubs can jump in on it? The first we usually hear of transfer speculation is when it's a done deal and the details are on here.

I suspect that a lot of the press rumours at this time of the year are being put about by agents wanting leverage in contract negotitiations or trying to enginereer a move for a player still under contract.

As for the web sites , who would like to speculate at the average age of the contributors and how many of the rumours are based on players on Championship Manager 2008?

GJ didnt do too bad with his signings last season did he? Ok - so we all have views on whether individuals lived up to our expectations, but collectively the squad did alright ( ;) )

Safe to say then that GJ will do things his way again this time round. If he's interested in someone, they'll know about it I'm sure.

I've heard tons... In fact our very own Fan's Scouting Teams have been trawling the internet for youtube clips of the best... What more does GJ want?

(Sorry... I mean anyone can put a youtube clip together to make someone out to be a fantastic buy... I'm sure a few downs leaguers would be signed up this way... Getting the right person takes time. 1st you have to know who is in and out)

Archived