IGNORED

One Less Striker On The Market

Hicksy-BCFC

Earnshaw has signed for Nottingham Forest this morning

2.65 million on a 3 year deal.

Not convinced thats a good deal for Forest myself....

Not but its firing a warning shot of intention!!!

Ballsy move I say, and he should score goals for fun in the championship..

Good. Far too ugly to be a city player!

If he banged in 30 goals next season I couldn't care less myself... sadly now he'll bag 30 for a rival team :disapointed2se:

If he banged in 30 goals next season I couldn't care less myself... sadly now he'll bag 30 for a rival team :disapointed2se:

I don't know why you're so worried about him - he hardly set the world alight at Norwich or Derby - and if the reason for that was partly injury then chances are he will spend a fair proportion of the coming season on the couch.

he hardly set the world alight at Norwich

He scored 27 goals in 41 starts for Norwich in this league. He only played 7 games for Derby this year and scored one goal in a team that scored about 6 goals all season.

He might not 'cut it' in the prem but he sure as hell scores goals for fun in this league.

Earnshaw is ok but at £2.5m he is not exactly a bargain - Danny Coles put in him in his pocket a couple of times from what I remember. Also he is not half as good as certain Leroy Lita - lets wait and see what develops.

Earnshaw has signed for Nottingham Forest this morning

2.65 million on a 3 year deal.

Not convinced thats a good deal for Forest myself....

It's a great deal. Earnshaw scores for fun at this level, I think his strike rate is better than 1 in 2.

It's a great deal. Earnshaw scores for fun at this level, I think his strike rate is better than 1 in 2.

Exactly. We're all banging on about a 20 goal striker and Forest have one within weeks of going up.

Not to mention splashing the cash when needed.

Agree with Nibor, he isn't exactly cheap at £2.65M but unlike Lita to me his problems are perceived, i.e, people think that he's lazy, that he doesn't get on with people, rather than Lita's which are in the public domain such as numerous arrests, home made videotapes etc.

Let's hope GJ has someone as good as Earnshaw (if not neccesarily as expensive) lined up, though if the quote in today's paper is correct we can forget Eastwood or Lita.

Agree with Nibor, he isn't exactly cheap at £2.65M but unlike Lita to me his problems are perceived, i.e, people think that he's lazy, that he doesn't get on with people, rather than Lita's which are in the public domain such as numerous arrests, home made videotapes etc.

Let's hope GJ has someone as good as Earnshaw (if not neccesarily as expensive) lined up, though if the quote in today's paper is correct we can forget Eastwood or Lita.

What were his quotes exactly?

I thought lita was a main target i can understand why eastwood isnt he has been poor at wolves

As much as it pains me to say it about the horrible little inbred tosspiece he is a cracking striker and we will definitely be worried about him when he Forest come to town, he's Lita with a few more years under his belt and after a bad season he has a bit to prove. Carey be afraid!

I thought lita was a main target i can understand why eastwood isnt he has been poor at wolves

"Johnson categorically denied reports in the Midlands linking City with a possible move for out-of-favour Wolves striker Freddy Eastwood.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is keen to sell the former Southend United hitman, who has failed to impress since moving to Molineux 12 months ago.

"There's nothing doing with Freddy Eastwood from our point of view," revealed Johnson.

Eastwood is available for £1 million and Coventry City are set to table a bid for the forward.

Rumours linking former City striker Leroy Lita with a return to Ashton Gate also appear to be wide of the mark.

Out of contract at relegated Reading, the former England Under-21 star is expected to attract considerable interest among Premier League clubs".

Gary Johnson today gave the clearest indication yet that he intends strengthening his team during the summer.

Bristol City's manager has confirmed interest in "two or three" targets and says he will be pulling out all the stops in an attempt to improve a squad which only narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League last season

And he insists he wants to bring in new players sooner rather than later. Johnson made his intentions clear when releasing five players earlier this week, including strikers Darren Byfield and Enoch Showunmi and centre-back Tamas Vasko.

Article Continues

Having freed up money to fund new signings, the Londoner is now a man in a hurry.

He confirmed: "I do have two or three targets and I'll be working with the chairman (Steve Lansdown) to try and bring those players to the club during the close season.

"Now we know what division we'll be playing in, we can start talking to people and set negotiations in motion.

"We had one budget for the Premier League and another set of figures for the Championship and it was impossible to make any move before the play-off's were done and dusted with."

Although he declined to name names, Johnson is believed to be in the market for at least one striker and a defender and is determined to make up for lost time following last weekend's 1-0 play-off final defeat at the hands of Hull.

He explained: "Because we've been involved in the play-offs, we're a fortnight behind all the other clubs.

"Our rivals have been talking to players since the beginning of May, whereas we've had to sit and wait. The danger is that you get left behind and miss out on the players you want because other clubs are able to make them an offer first.

"It's important we don't allow that to happen and that's why I'm trying to bring in two or three as quickly as possible."

Chairman Lansdown has indicated that cash will be made available to strengthen a squad which just missed out on automatic promotion and Johnson has hinted that he might not stop at "two or three" additions.

He said: "It's important to get your main signings done quickly. Once you've done that, you can sit back and check how the market is behaving.

"Sometimes it takes a while to discover who is available and you can pick up one or two bargains if you bide your time and wait. But when it comes to your main targets, you cannot afford to wait and you have to move quickly."

Johnson categorically denied reports in the Midlands linking City with a possible move for out-of-favour Wolves striker Freddy Eastwood.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is keen to sell the former Southend United hitman, who has failed to impress since moving to Molineux 12 months ago.

"There's nothing doing with Freddy Eastwood from our point of view," revealed Johnson.

Eastwood is available for £1 million and Coventry City are set to table a bid for the forward.

Rumours linking former City striker Leroy Lita with a return to Ashton Gate also appear to be wide of the mark.

Out of contract at relegated Reading, the former England Under-21 star is expected to attract considerable interest among Premier League clubs.

Archived