IGNORED

Stuart Fleetwood Moving To.....?

pdgifford64

I know a few people have bandied Stuarts name around as a potential signing and generally it`s been considered as at least one division too far by many, myself included. So, living within a Howitzers shot of FGR i`m happy to pass this piece of info onto you as reported in todays Citizen, a local Gloucester paper.

FLEETWOOD SET TO JOIN CHARLTON

Stuart Fleetwood is expected to sign for CCC club Charlton Athletic when he returns from his holiday on June 9.

The Gloucester born striker netted 36 times in 50 matches for FGR last season.

Although Fleetwood is out of contract after only one season at the New Lawn, FGR would be entitled to a compensation fee because he is under the age of 24.

The fee is likely to be less than the £175,000 offered by Crewe Alexandra for the player in January.

Rovers accepted that bid, only for Fleetwood to reject the move in favour of seeing out the remainder of the season with the Blue Square Premier outfit.

Swindon Town have denied any interest in Fleetwood, who is also thought to have to League One champions Swansea City before weighing up his options.

Fleetwood is understood to favour a move to Charlton, who have scouted the 22 year old several times and are desperate to boost their firepower after missing out on promotion back to the top flight.

The Citizen understands that FGR and Charlton are set to come to an amicable agreement on the fee for Fleetwood without the need for an FA tribunal hearing."

I have no idea who the Citizens` source is for this news and the piece is very carefully worded with a lot of `ifs and buts`. But if the fee is to be less than the £175,000 that Crewe offered it would hardly make a dent in Charltons parachute payment for this season and who knows, if the move does happen it`ll be interesting to see how it pans out for him. Will there be a few managers slapping their foreheads in a couple of years time ? Personally i doubt it.

Any thoughts ?

PDG

He's out of contract now so the fee will be whatever compensation is decided by a tribunal. As he's only been at FGR for a year and they can't really claim to have been responsible for his development as a youth player I doubt it'll be much at all.

I'm still sure he's not yet up to the Championship anyway.

He's out of contract now so the fee will be whatever compensation is decided by a tribunal. As he's only been at FGR for a year and they can't really claim to have been responsible for his development as a youth player I doubt it'll be much at all.

Probably be like Robbie Simpson last season from Cambridge Utd to Coventry. They got £40k and a 5% sell on as had only had him just over a season after nabbing him from Cambridge City for either a free or very nominal fee.

Not sure what to make of it all Paul to be honest , my mate Ashley Loveridge who reports for the Stroud News and Journal on all the games FGR play said he was at the club yesterday and the main concensus was that he is still very undecided on his decision but did say that it appears Charlton are set to make a bid (much the same as his article in this weeks SNJ)... that comes from the horses mouth as he certainly knows everybody quite well at the club ..personally i saw Fleetwood play a fair few times last season and he started well (like in the pre season friendly against us ) but went missing alot in some of the games i saw and missed some real howlers , when he was in the "limelight" after his great start he really did have a lull .. personally i think its a bit of a gamble for himself going to a championship club as the pressure will be certainly on him to perform if he thinks the pressure was on him at FGR then he's in for a shock in the Championship , still he'll never know if he doesn't try it

Good luck to him whatever he does ( heres hoping that doesnt come back to bite me in the ass!!) as he played a huge part in FGR achieving their highest ever position and points tally last year .

Newspapers eh ? :tumbleweed:

PS ...I'm off for my first round in months tomorrow ! :clapping:

Same as what i think , seen him a fair few times last season and had he been in a City shirt playing like he did in some games he would of been dry roasted for sure

I'm not entirely sure Pardew has a clue when it comes to strikers..

What talent has he quibbled over this season?

Gray

Iwelumo

Varney

Todorov

Lita

McLeod

Thats a phenomenal number of decent strikers, now he adds another...

Fool.

Archived