IGNORED

No One Could Wish For Better News Than This!

Dolman Block B

Football is a funny old game according to Greavsie, but there could rarely have been such a united chairman/manager partnership as we are priviledged to have. Eat yer hearts out Warnock and tango man.

Gary Johnson has pulled the club up from the doldrums and Steve Lansdown has backed him all the way.13500+ season ticket holders, new training facilities, a new ground which will happen (not the pipedream of some deranged gashead) and the best squad of players we have had for 30 years, fills me with pride at seeing my club rejuvenated, and confidence that last season was not just a flash in the pan.

GJ's clear commitment on the OS this morning has made my weekend, if not the whole goddamned summer

Forza City!!!

I think its clear to see that Lansdown and Johnson have a very good working relationship. I was lucky enough to meet Gary Johnson in the boardroom after the Preston game and you could see how much this club means to him. Whilst it would concern me that the more publicity Gary gets the chance of him being poached will be greater, I truely believe he wants to stay at Ashton Gate to take us up to the Prem. Never has this club been in such a strong position on the field, and things are starting to improve off the field with the fans(ie season tickets), next season will be very exciting for us!

The most important person at this club bar none.

If he goes, we only go one way...

Great to hear him speak long term.

Cracking news! Just what we needed to hear after Wembley. GJ can take us into the 'new Gate' and who knows where afterwards. He has (with SL) galvanised everyone at City. Alan Dicks was great, I think GJ is even better. Let's hope he is here for years and years!

I'd say GJ is probably worth 20 million in players' value, but there again I am slightly drunk. Still top geezer I know that much.

How much was Dario Gradi worth to Crewe? Or Bill SHnakly to Liverpool?

Can't see GJ being here in 5 years myself, unless we do something really impressive. He's here until he feels he can take us no further, so it's down to the board if they want to keep backing him.

Why is everyone getting so excited about that interview?

The most important quote from it is "we never know what may happen in the future".

Clearly if a Premier League side come in for him offering stupid million quid a year then he like most of us will snatch their hands off.

Also in any City related interview he's hardly likely to say ,i'm looking for better options and bigger clubs to come in for me!

Even a far less media savvy manager than GJ wouldn't do that.

Sorry all a bit of a non story that tells us nothing and is just there to fill space until more football news is able to be talked about.

Why is everyone getting so excited about that interview?

The most important quote from it is "we never know what may happen in the future".

Clearly if a Premier League side come in for him offering stupid million quid a year then he like most of us will snatch their hands off.

Also in any City related interview he's hardly likely to say ,i'm looking for better options and bigger clubs to come in for me!

Even a far less media savvy manager than GJ wouldn't do that.

Sorry all a bit of a non story that tells us nothing and is just there to fill space until more football news is able to be talked about.

Of course he could have just said nothing at all. He's simply being honest, of course no one can predict the future, but the point is that he's gone out of is way to mark his near future as being here.

He's happy, surely that should make us happy?

How much was Dario Gradi worth to Crewe? Or Bill SHnakly to Liverpool?

Can't see GJ being here in 5 years myself, unless we do something really impressive. He's here until he feels he can take us no further, so it's down to the board if they want to keep backing him.

Have to agree Eddie. This manager will want some serious imput from the board to keep him here in a couple of years time.

But WILL he get it? :fingerscrossed:

Walking along.......

This man is a Bristol City legend and whoever follows him will have a very difficult job and i can see us being very impatient and always comparing him to GJ, maybe a mourinho-grant situatuion

ah well lets hope he stays here for life and ends his managerial career lifting the Premier League trophy :winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h: (We can all dream can't we :P )

Archived