IGNORED

Grzegorz Rasiak

Just thought i wopuld throw one into the mixer as i know that GJ has his targets but he must be a good shout for anybody in the championship he scored 21 goals in the first half till jan of 06/07 season> recently farmed out to the prem.

"Grzegorz Rasiak has joined Bolton on loan until the end of the season.

The Saints striker has signed a short-term deal with a view to a possible permanent move."

Pushing on a bit but no doubting his talent and would be good shorterm move to bring a younger striker should we sign one and his wages would not be too exsesive as he has played championship football with saints and the rams.

Anybody ???

I think 6-12 months ago I would have said yes. But after his recent form I think we should be looking at better, younger players.

He is still only 29 so in the trundle mould and if he could get in top fitmess he would be excellent. Plus he didnt make the euro 2008 squad so hes not going to command huge wages. He has 2 feet and can score from anywhere very powerful shot.

He looks to be one of those players I'd hate to see live every week.

Have some quality maybe, but half the time looking completely uninterested and not really with it. A bit like Berbatov.

Sooner have a young kid raring around the pitch with some enthusiasm.

but thats not rasiaks game, he is a target man and his mobility is not his main asset. however he is amazing at getting on the end of crosses and getting EFFECTIVE flick ons. his job is not to look interested but to score and set up goals and should he come and do that for us i would love to see him every week

He looks to be one of those players I'd hate to see live every week.

Have some quality maybe, but half the time looking completely uninterested and not really with it. A bit like Berbatov.

who cares if he looks uniterested for most the game as long as he puts the ball in the back of the net. surely you wouldnt turn down berbatov

who cares if he looks uniterested for most the game as long as he puts the ball in the back of the net. surely you wouldnt turn down berbatov

Why is everyone talking like he's the best striker to ever grace this league?

If we're going to poach Saints players, might aswell be Stern John.

Think your missing the Point GR could be viewed as being between clubs and we all know that GJ likes a Eastern European and he knows a good one when he see one. It was him who recommended Marian Pharas to dave jones and look how he turned out.

I don't think hes the best but look at Kevin Phillps how old is he and everybody thought he was finished before the season started and hes 34 so IMO Gregory R would be good/excellent signing for any championship side.

did i say he was the best player to grace this league?? you were actualy the one who compared him to berbatov.

he might not be class but he is a step forward

did i say he was the best player to grace this league?? you were actualy the one who compared him to berbatov.

he might not be class but he is a step forward

I mean the idea bound about of him banging in goals. He had a good season and went to Spurs. Did nothing. Came back to Saints and duly scored a load again before being bench for the 2nd half of the season. Now at Bolton.

Something doesnt quite seem right there and to be honest I don't think he'd fit into the team.

I mean the idea bound about of him banging in goals. He had a good season and went to Spurs. Did nothing. Came back to Saints and duly scored a load again before being bench for the 2nd half of the season. Now at Bolton.

Something doesnt quite seem right there and to be honest I don't think he'd fit into the team.

fair enough, but the way i look at it he is a step forward from adebola. like you just pointed out he can score goals at this level but seems to fail in the prem, so maybe he could just be a stepping stone player.

just to clear this up by the way he is not my 1st choice target man but is an option

Just thought i wopuld throw one into the mixer as i know that GJ has his targets but he must be a good shout for anybody in the championship he scored 21 goals in the first half till jan of 06/07 season> recently farmed out to the prem.

problem is.........he scored 21 goals for that ENTIRE season INCLUDING the play offs, plus thats in all competitions not just the league, plus 8 goals this season....poor

At his age and for the amount of money he's going to cost in transfer fee and wages, I'd rather get someone who would hopefully have some potential of doing ok, if we went up again and might have some sort of Re-sale value at a later date.

He has none of that.

No Ta.

you just said yourself that he bangs in the gols at this level. hence why i think he will do well for a club like ours

lets be honest dele isnt the best at getting on the end of crosses or producing flick ons which have much use but rasiak does both of these very well. he has all the attributes to be a top top quality striker and might need a gaffer like GJ to help him find that level of consistensy at a higher level.

he is my preferred choice of all the strikers being linked with us because he is the only person other than earnshaw that has a decent record at this level

now earnshaw has gone rasiak is the best option

maynard is very promising but has only done it at league 1 so the championship could be a step up for him

we need pace that is a given, but we also need guille and quality and i am a big fan of rasiak due to the fact he just gets on with his job of scoring goals. he is very brave in a header and does have quality on the deck

obviously its all rumours and probably nothing will come of it but should city sign rasiak i would be as happy as i have ever been over a signing.

you just said yourself that he bangs in the gols at this level. hence why i think he will do well for a club like ours

lets be honest dele isnt the best at getting on the end of crosses or producing flick ons which have much use but rasiak does both of these very well. he has all the attributes to be a top top quality striker and might need a gaffer like GJ to help him find that level of consistensy at a higher level.

he is my preferred choice of all the strikers being linked with us because he is the only person other than earnshaw that has a decent record at this level

now earnshaw has gone rasiak is the best option

maynard is very promising but has only done it at league 1 so the championship could be a step up for him

we need pace that is a given, but we also need guille and quality and i am a big fan of rasiak due to the fact he just gets on with his job of scoring goals. he is very brave in a header and does have quality on the deck

obviously its all rumours and probably nothing will come of it but should city sign rasiak i would be as happy as i have ever been over a signing.

I'll say its a rumour i never heard the club mention him i said " He would be a good option" but if the club gets interested as a result then all the better i reakon we could get him on a free.

EDIT then again what do i know GJ has his targets and i will be happy with whoever we sign just hope we don't have to wait to long patience never been one of my strong points.

well saints wont be able to get any sort of a fee will they? they are so skint we could haggle their asses off, and if he is out of contract then all the better a proven goalscorer for **** all :winner_third_h4h: that will do nicely especially as we paid 250k for byfield. 1mil for trunds and god knows on dele

While Rasiak is a good player, I feel we should be looking at players with a bit more quality, that have the potential to step up to the Prem should we make it next season.

Rasiak has played in the Prem and never really cut it. Fair enough, he never got a chance at Spurs, but that was probably because he wasnt good enough.

Knowing GJ he will probably have a few aces up his sleeve that we have hardly heard of. Nick Carle being a fine example.

Besides, I don't think Rasiak is that much better than Adebola, and for the money he would cost in Fee and wages, it wouldnt be worth it.

While Rasiak is a good player, I feel we should be looking at players with a bit more quality, that have the potential to step up to the Prem should we make it next season.

Rasiak has played in the Prem and never really cut it. Fair enough, he never got a chance at Spurs, but that was probably because he wasnt good enough.

Knowing GJ he will probably have a few aces up his sleeve that we have hardly heard of. Nick Carle being a fine example.

Besides, I don't think Rasiak is that much better than Adebola, and for the money he would cost in Fee and wages, it wouldnt be worth it.

There is an argument for saying that Rob Earnshaw has never cut it in the Prem but is proven in the Championship which is after all the league we are in at the present and there are loads of other players that fit into the same mould. If we do make to the prem then we have more money and a few more headaches but for now we need to look at players who are quality in this league or are playing in a similar league in terms of standards.

Rasiak would not command much of a fee IMO and as good as Dele is he doesnt have Rasiak's abilty or international pedigre.

We need a striker with pace. Which Rasiak doesnt have.

but we need some class as well. who is going to set up the quick fella with a flick on?

who is going to be such a presence that the opposition defence push right up to nullify their threat therefore creating space fot sprouler and said quick striker?

being a striker is all about have a good relationship with your partner. a mix of big and small generally creates problems for defenders rather than two quick strikers or 2 massive strikers. everyone thinks pace is the main attribute we should be looking for but i disagree. i think ivan pretty much destroys that argument!!!

dele isnt the sort of player who likes to win headers. if he had the choice he would be running at people with his strength and ballance as that is his game, wheras rasiak would recieve high balls, balls to feet etc and hold it up before giving it to said quick man, sprouler or mcindoe and then get on the end of a cross

if you havent noticed i am a very big fan of gregorzs rasiak!!!

but we need some class as well. who is going to set up the quick fella with a flick on?

who is going to be such a presence that the opposition defence push right up to nullify their threat therefore creating space fot sprouler and said quick striker?

being a striker is all about have a good relationship with your partner. a mix of big and small generally creates problems for defenders rather than two quick strikers or 2 massive strikers. everyone thinks pace is the main attribute we should be looking for but i disagree. i think ivan pretty much destroys that argument!!!

dele isnt the sort of player who likes to win headers. if he had the choice he would be running at people with his strength and ballance as that is his game, wheras rasiak would recieve high balls, balls to feet etc and hold it up before giving it to said quick man, sprouler or mcindoe and then get on the end of a cross

if you havent noticed i am a very big fan of gregorzs rasiak!!!

Adebola?

Adebola?

but that isnt his game and he isnt that good at it!

he is not a target man. like enoch is not a target man. infact i'd go as far as saying that dele is pretty poor in the air.

he has scored a few but hoofing it long to him does not help his game

sheffield utd, preston north end and palace away

we did not hoof it long very often

he had a great game each time

playoff final? exactly!

but that isnt his game and he isnt that good at it!

he is not a target man. like enoch is not a target man. infact i'd go as far as saying that dele is pretty poor in the air.

he has scored a few but hoofing it long to him does not help his game

sheffield utd, preston north end and palace away

we did not hoof it long very often

he had a great game each time

playoff final? exactly!

How can you say Dele is not a target man? The majority of his goals have also been headers! So bit harsh sayin hes not good in the air! He won loads of flick ons against Palace away (as he has done a lot this season) the commentator even made a comment bout how many he won!

How can you say Dele is not a target man? The majority of his goals have also been headers! So bit harsh sayin hes not good in the air! He won loads of flick ons against Palace away (as he has done a lot this season) the commentator even made a comment bout how many he won!

I think Dele "tombola" is a target man and there in the same mould of player but GR has TWO feet and can sore from anywhere.

IMO GR is/ can be prolific Dele on the other hand has never been and never will be that said i am a big fan of Dele's.

Hence the reason Tombola ryhmes with adebola and also sums him him really never know what hes going to do next.

because having watched him quite a lot throughout his career on tele and nearly everygame he has played for us it is my opinion that he is not that sort of player and never has been.

he likes to run with the ball. he is good at that, very good infact.

i can only remember one good flick on by dele, do you know who chased on to it? dele! he had to chase his own flick on!

he has scored most of his goals from headers but this doesnt detract form the fact he has missed more headers than he has scored.

his first touch isnt magnificent

he rarely challenges for headers. sounds silly but just watch, i spent a whole game for some reason watching him and only him, and i think i learned a lot about him as a player

i do like dele, i said when he signed he would score goals, and i was slated because aparently he isnt a goalscorer! not prolific no but he can finish. but i like him running at people with power and pace showing his exceptionall talent at changing his body weight and ghosting past defenders with ease, that is when he is at his best. it seems people see mccombe #### it long to a massive black fellow and the immediatly decide he is a target, its harsh to say he is a target man imo as he is infact a very good 'footballer'

Heh, in my opinion you shouldnt even think about him. He's not bad player, but City deserves someone much better. And to be honnest: he was great this 5 years ago. And now? Come on.

Short comparition:

Grzegorz Piechna was best scorer of polish 2nd league in 2004/5 and polish 1st league in 2005/6. Later he played in Torpedo Moscow (2 goals in 15 matches) and this winter he came to Polonia. He scored... 2 goals in 12 matches.

Unfortunately Rasiak is the same type of player :/

Archived