IGNORED

Ahhh What Was That Song Played At The Play-off Final?

YattonRed

There was a Indie/rock song played when they bought out the massive hovering City and Hull flags but I can't remember what it was. Its fairly new heard it on the radio a few times but its really annoying because I want it.

I think in the lyrics it has the words or a sentence "maybe tomorrow". (reminds me of The Enemy all though it isn't them)

Any ideas?

Cheers

There was a Indie/rock song played when they bought out the massive hovering City and Hull flags but I can't remember what it was. Its fairly new heard it on the radio a few times but its really annoying because I want it.

I think in the lyrics it has the words or a sentence "maybe tomorrow". (reminds me of The Enemy all though it isn't them)

Any ideas?

Cheers

THe Littlest Hobo??

Probably showing my age, but really enjoyed Andy Williams"Can't help falling in love",played a couple of time s at the game. never ever thought that would sound so cool alongside the Killers and so on.

They probably only played that because Hull sing it. Think those swines down the M4 lay claim to it as well...

Any ideas?

Cheers

The song I think you mean is 'Just For Tonight' by One Night Only. I've heard it loads of times since and it's always going to remind me of Wembley.

I thought the banner things were really good, the club should get one to put up before we play!

The song I think you mean is 'Just For Tonight' by One Night Only. I've heard it loads of times since and it's always going to remind me of Wembley.

I thought the banner things were really good, the club should get one to put up before we play!

O yea that was the other one, i said i only member one but then it was nagging away in my mind that there was another, nice one :)

Excellent cheers people yeah the song I was after was Just for tonight. Love the tune but brings a tear to my eye reminding me of the Final. All though this song makes me more determined for next season!

Also I thought after the game, did anyone else notice that when they launched the giant flags Hulls went straight up and citys got kind of caught. A SIGN FOR THINGS TO COME at the time! ahhhh

BRING ON AUGUST! UUUUUUU REDS!

Excellent cheers people yeah the song I was after was Just for tonight. Love the tune but brings a tear to my eye reminding me of the Final. All though this song makes me more determined for next season!

Also I thought after the game, did anyone else notice that when they launched the giant flags Hulls went straight up and citys got kind of caught. A SIGN FOR THINGS TO COME at the time! ahhhh

BRING ON AUGUST! UUUUUUU REDS!

Yeah I noticed that - also when I got home I glanced over at my car and noticed that while I was at Wembley the mini scarf in the rear window had come unstuck - weird!

Before Wembley i used to love that song, i just heard it on the radio and all it does is remind me of what could have been :(

ah well onwards and upwards

I used to love that song too - heard it on the radio a few days after wembley and it was horrible, made me think of how close we were but also made me feel kinda proud !!

always believe

Or ask if we can have the one used at Wembley (there was another huge flag up in the framework of one of the stands).

They'd look great being passed over the fans' heads at home games and I can't imagine anyone else wants them.

Or ask if we can have the one used at Wembley (there was another huge flag up in the framework of one of the stands).

They'd look great being passed over the fans' heads at home games and I can't imagine anyone else wants them.

I did email Coca Cola the day after the final and ask, but they never got back to me. Maybe someone else got there first and nabbed the banner or the club has to ask?

My daughter put together this using some of my photos from the day, she used the song in question for the music. She'll be really pleased if anyone takes a look! :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I2zH6wadoks

I did email Coca Cola the day after the final and ask, but they never got back to me. Maybe someone else got there first and nabbed the banner or the club has to ask?

My daughter put together this using some of my photos from the day, she used the song in question for the music. She'll be really pleased if anyone takes a look! :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I2zH6wadoks

What memories..........really liked that song before and still do,although it will now bring a tear to my eye whenever i hear it.

I too have heard the song several times since Wembley and it always takes me back - I remember hearing it in the build up to the match and thinking "if we win, this song will always remind me of today". As it turns out, it reminds me of us losing!

Doesn't make me sad though, it reminds me of a great season - it sounded great at Wembley, would it sound just as good at the Gate? We shouldn't see it as reminding us at falling at the last hurdle, it should remind us of how far we've come as a club.

Archived