IGNORED

R*v*rs - A Plea For Help

CiderJar

This from the R*v*rs Vital fansite...

Many fans were disgruntled after hearing the news and just want the club to release a statement, we spoke to one fan Mr Rod Chapman who would like the board to answer the following questions

We as members of the Bristol R*v*rs Alternative Forum (set up to give those of an independent mind an opportunity to express their opinion) would like to ask the following questions.

1. How long were the board aware there was a problem with Opal ?.

2. If the news had not been leaked, when would they have advised the Supporters club of this information, so the trip was called off?.

3. Were Bristol RFC, Cheltenham Town FC, and Newport RFC advised before the official statement was issued?.

4. Why has virtually every deadline set for major developments to be announced, been then preceded by news of a delay?.

5. How does the board feel it has treated the Supporters Club, responsible for acting on behalf of the fans,and has given many many hours of free support to the Football Club,and has provided many thousands of pounds to the Football Club raised by the fans?.

6. How have the latest events affected the morale of the staff at BRFC?.

7. The same question in particular regard to Paul Trollope and Lennie Lawrence and all the playing squad ?.

8. As a board do you think your recent performance have been infamous and deserve all the scorn you are now receiving?.

9. Your conduct in these matters at least has been underhand, shoddy and incompetent, do you think you still should expect support from the fans of this fine club?.

10. If you are unable to provide satisfactory details and give some genuine answers to those you serve, your position is untenable and you should resign en masse.

Rod Chapman, a supporter.

(written more in sorrow than anger).

If you'd like to suggest answers I'm sure they would be happy to hear from you...

Contingency Plans - Have Your Say!! <--- click here and really rub it in

Not going to rub it in... But it really is shoddy treatment of football fans (I use the word 'football fans' in it's smallest sense when regarding sags). You can bet your pound that the board will do none of the above... Real crisis there and I am not going to gloat because as we know that type of behaviour has a habit of returning years later and biting you in the ass, (Just take the playoff final gloaters as an example)... Will be paying attention to what's going on North of the boarder for the first time in years though...

Not going to rub it in... But it really is shoddy treatment of football fans (I use the word 'football fans' in it's smallest sense when regarding sags). You can bet your pound that the board will do none of the above... Real crisis there and I am not going to gloat because as we know that type of behaviour has a habit of returning years later and biting you in the ass, (Just take the playoff final gloaters as an example)... Will be paying attention to what's going on North of the boarder for the first time in years though...

I am sure most of you are loving it (and maybe rightly so), but at the end of the day I (we) are just football fans and I will always support Rovers but I have to say the events over the last few days are awful and my respect for Bristol Rovers PR Department (bloody joke), and the directors (more of a joke) have hit a new time low level. :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Guest MaloneFM

I hate it when they use the 'we are all football fans argument'. It ruins the fun.

So red tinited specs off...I think you are an (old money) fourth division outfit right now. And a decent one. But a struggling third. Next season you will get caned by Leeds and Leicester. The stadium redevelopment was frankly a waste of time because it is land locked with terraced housing and would be a nightmare to rebuild a whole ground. If they redeveloped on stand at a time that would work.

You stay in the city, it would be cheaper and the attendance wouldn't suffer as much. Because next season according to blue tinged chums of uncle apart from the cup run it wasn't pretty.

I agree that you have been buggered about by the council who don't see the redevelpment of a lower league teams ground as important as whipping up student accomodation as they can make a pocketful of cash on that. The same way as everyone sits in the same old traffic jams going past disused railway lines.

With us doing so well last season its comercial suicide to move out of town for what may well be three or four years. So bitch all you like about the ground not going ahead but think of the buggering about you miss by not going up the M5 every fortnight.

I hate it when they use the 'we are all football fans argument'. It ruins the fun.

So red tinited specs off...I think you are an (old money) fourth division outfit right now. And a decent one. But a struggling third. Next season you will get caned by Leeds and Leicester. The stadium redevelopment was frankly a waste of time because it is land locked with terraced housing and would be a nightmare to rebuild a whole ground. If they redeveloped on stand at a time that would work.

You stay in the city, it would be cheaper and the attendance wouldn't suffer as much. Because next season according to blue tinged chums of uncle apart from the cup run it wasn't pretty.

I agree that you have been buggered about by the council who don't see the redevelpment of a lower league teams ground as important as whipping up student accomodation as they can make a pocketful of cash on that. The same way as everyone sits in the same old traffic jams going past disused railway lines.

With us doing so well last season its comercial suicide to move out of town for what may well be three or four years. So bitch all you like about the ground not going ahead but think of the buggering about you miss by not going up the M5 every fortnight.

Good post and I agree with it.

I believe the attendance's at Cheltenham would be very poor, no it was not pretty football last season (was this down to the pitch more so than the players??), I don't know, it would of been a pain going to Cheltenham and I would of struggled to make evening games but still was going to get a season ticket.

At times last season we showed glimpses of playing nice football, I think on a decent pitch we possibly could of had a better season (I'm not making excuses....this is my opinion)

A lot of us are extremely dissapointed because I think we need to progress off the field if we have any chance of progressing on the field, and I also think if the club do not bring out some kind of incentive to buy a season ticket then attendances will be very poor again.

Good post and I agree with it.

I believe the attendance's at Cheltenham would be very poor, no it was not pretty football last season (was this down to the pitch more so than the players??), I don't know, it would of been a pain going to Cheltenham and I would of struggled to make evening games but still was going to get a season ticket.

At times last season we showed glimpses of playing nice football, I think on a decent pitch we possibly could of had a better season (I'm not making excuses....this is my opinion)

A lot of us are extremely dissapointed because I think we need to progress off the field if we have any chance of progressing on the field, and I also think if the club do not bring out some kind of incentive to buy a season ticket then attendances will be very poor again.

What about some free plastic clothes pegs, bunches of heather, and a big red nose, just a thought. :rolleyes:

Guest MaloneFM

IF they are still going to Cheltenham then a season ticket/coach option wouldn't go amiss. But as it is you buy a season ticket and fork out for petrol and parking.

....... it would of been a pain going to Cheltenham and I would of struggled to make evening games but still was going to get a season ticket. ....... attendances will be very poor again.

It is one stop on the Birmingham train from Bristol Parkway.

It takes 30 minutes and a cheap day return is £7.

In that sense it has to be easier than getting into central Bristol for you northerners surely?

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/fa?uniqueId=74289902

I agree with your closing statement.

Archived