IGNORED

Next Season Predictions

norwichrobin

Ok, now the dust has settled already have one eye on next season. Obviously want city to win the league by 20 points or so but we have to be realistic, with sir gary tweaking with a couple of new faces the playoffs again i feel, just think wembley again.

Before anyone has a real pop this is predictions with reasons why, not having a pop at city or anyone!

Derby

Birmingham

-----------------------

Reading

City

Palace

Qpr

------------------------

Ipswich

Why 4th? Derby have a massive point to prove being the joke of football were class when they won the title before now cash rich. Birmingham narrowly down cant see them offloading many players same senario as reading plus coppell at reading factor. Us class home form to be superb again a more prolific striker and its wembley again. Palace just annoyingly their and seem to be able to sign players because its london. Qpr money to burn g*ts will buy a play off place.

Nearly's ipswich, southampton and sheff utd ipswich new millionarie chairman and solid home form, southampton new dutch backroom staff cant see them having such a shocker again, sheff utd if they start well will take some stopping.

Dark horses for playoffs cardiff, and barnsley thought they look really good against us cracking foreign signings (barnsley that is). Is this the toughest league in the world to get out of or what? Hope its got ya goin for next season as what a bloody boring summer. Any thoughts........

U REDS

Derby are in a financial crisis having spent most of the parachute

money already, i think they could drop straight through to

league 1. Some of the "big" clubs who missed out this season,

Sheff. Utd. Wolves, Charlton will be major threats,

along with the new money at Q.P.R.

City will do well to make the top 6 again :fingerscrossed:

Think like you said we will get playoffs again which I will be happy with.

As for Derby Birmingham top 2 don't see it myself. Look at the past few seasons the majority of the relegated sides have struggled. The fact that they are used to loosing, have huge expectations and normally bring in a lot of new players which will take time to gel will go against them.

Personally think Reading are the mort likely relegated team to go back up.

Also fancy Preston and Swansea as the surprise teams this season.

I think that Derby will struggle and won't get anywhere near a top 6 finish.

With all of the investment QPR has at its disposal, they should be clear favourites for an automatic position. However, they've chosen Ian Dowie to manage them and he's brought in Tim Flowers as his assistant. This was the combination with which Coventry supporters were so against last year. I don't rate Dowie and believe he'll screw it up. QPR to finish just outside the playoffs. :fingerscrossed:

Birmingham should have a good chance of going straight back up but there are still boardroom issues to be resolved which may influence the mood around the club and have an effect upon performances on the pitch.

Reading is another who should be there or there abouts but I wonder whether Coppell still has the appetite and hunger required. He's taken the team to promotion to the Prem before (with a record points total) so expectation will be high but it may weigh heavily upon him and the team.

One of teams coming up could be a challenger and I fancy that it could be Forest. Hurts me to say it though!

Sheffield United will make the playoffs. Blackwell is the right man for them and they'll have a much better season this time around.

Palace will be there or there abouts too. Some good young players as we saw in the playoffs.

City will find it harder next season. We will no longer be "the surprise package" and expectation will be much higher. This time last year we were all wishing for a finish one above the relegation positions. This time around, people are already predicting another trip to Wembley! GJ will provide us with a stronger squad than last time around so we should be able to set our sights on a top half finish. A couple of goal scorers and anything is possible!

i think realistically ..........

top ten for us this next season, and hopefully the bonus of the play offs.

i can see promotion just in time for the new stadium.

promotion in June next year would be good for me, as that will be 50 years since my first visit to the Gate. . ...... so it will be a welcome unexpected surprise if it happens.

:englandsmile4wf:

Ok, now the dust has settled already have one eye on next season. Obviously want city to win the league by 20 points or so but we have to be realistic, with sir gary tweaking with a couple of new faces the playoffs again i feel, just think wembley again.

Before anyone has a real pop this is predictions with reasons why, not having a pop at city or anyone!

Derby

Birmingham

-----------------------

Reading

City

Palace

Qpr

------------------------

Ipswich

Why 4th? Derby have a massive point to prove being the joke of football were class when they won the title before now cash rich. Birmingham narrowly down cant see them offloading many players same senario as reading plus coppell at reading factor. Us class home form to be superb again a more prolific striker and its wembley again. Palace just annoyingly their and seem to be able to sign players because its london. Qpr money to burn g*ts will buy a play off place.

Nearly's ipswich, southampton and sheff utd ipswich new millionarie chairman and solid home form, southampton new dutch backroom staff cant see them having such a shocker again, sheff utd if they start well will take some stopping.

Dark horses for playoffs cardiff, and barnsley thought they look really good against us cracking foreign signings (barnsley that is). Is this the toughest league in the world to get out of or what? Hope its got ya goin for next season as what a bloody boring summer. Any thoughts........

U REDS

So we have to play Palace again :englandsmile4wf:

Very surprised if Derby do well next season. Paul Jewell has done a simply awful job since being there. Just making signings for the sake of it. With Derby already certain for relegation, would it not have been wise to save money to rebuild the following season?

Birmingham's a tough one to call. The owner's responsible for most of their success are on the verge of walking away and with the loose canon Chinaman in the wings a lot of Blues fans are fearful for next season. They've got no money to spend and are having to slash the wage bill.

Derby have spent most of their parachute cash in 'trying' to stay up last season so won't have loads of money to spend. They're also putting together a whole new squad, let alone team, and how long that takes to bind is anyone's guess. I think they'll be the Charlton of last season.

QPR were my favourites to romp it but since they've put Sloth in charge my confidence in them has waned. The side that beat us 3-0 at Loftus Road in February was title-winning material but that was under Di Canio. Getting rid of him and replacing him with Dowie was madness. Play-off's for them at best.

I think the teams to watch are Sheff Utd, Norwich and Palace. All three finished the season very strongly and have spent half of this season with an eye on next season's tilt. Out of the three, Sheff Utd look the best bet for me and Roeder, like him of loath him, had Norwich playing very well. Ipswich will also be up there once Magilton starts spending the wealth available to him and if they sort their away form out they could be unstoppable.

Also think Swansea will be the new us for next season and continue their momentum. Forest won't pull up any trees despite having Earnshaw. Calderwood will screw them as usual.

Our season can go two ways. I think we'll either struggle to get over the defeat or, with a few class additions, we'll be right in the hunt for the title. Unfortunately, I think it will be the former. :(

I think it's going to be much tougher for us next season, as people have mentioned we are no longer the surprise package but also, there are lots of sides who can't possibley do as badly again:

Wolves & Charlton both mounted pretty pathetic play off challenges last season - at least one of them will improve

QPR - the richest club in the world

Sheff U - showed improvement under Blackwell and with him in charge from the beginning this time, could be tough to beat

Coventry & Southampton - Almost disastrous seasons for both - at least one will improve

Reading & Birmingham - Can't see them losing too many players, and if they are intelligent with their signings, they could bounce back up straight away. I don't think Derby will, after the humiliation of last season they'll do well to make top half.

Palace - Warnock in charge all season instead of coming in half way through means they could be a threat to automatic promotion this time around

Preston - looked a decent side under Alan Irvine, could be dangerous

Swansea & Forest - Relatively big sides coming up from league one, could do what we did last season, especially with Earnshaw at Forest

I'd be happy with the top half. Having said all that, we surprised even ourselves at times last season, who's to say we won't do it again? I can't see us making automatic, but the play offs aren't totally unrealistic.

I think we have the strength of character to get over the play off defeat though, we'll also benefit from a years worth of championship experience and so I would be a little surprised if we are in a relegation fight as I heard some peopel speculating after the Hull game.

If city get two good forwards and a good right winger we will be the team to beat next year. City are the best team in the league in getting the ball up there. Everything about our play looks like a PL team except our goal scoring power.

Birmingham

Bristol City

------

Reading

Wolves

Charlton

QPR

------

1 BIRMINGHAM

2 DERBY________________

3 FOREST

4 PALACE

5 CITY

6 READING______________

7 SHEFFIELD UNITED

8 WOLVES

9 QPR

10 WATFORD

21 BLACKPOOL____________

22 SOUTHAMPTON

23 DONCASTER ROVERS

24 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

not that sure about ipswich and charlton tbh. probably be in the top 10 but i think the others might havre the beating of them.

bit early to judge as signings will be the key

Archived