IGNORED

Danny Webber

MATT BCFC

If he cant get a game at Sheffield I cant see him getting a game here. Espically at £750k I'd rather that went towards a definite 'goalscorer' rather then someone who clearly cannot produce the goods all the time.

Mind you, as you say he has proved he can score at this level and if anyone, Johnson could get him scoring. As I said though, at £750k I would say thats pretty expensive for a 'maybe'.

TBF Sheffield United do have some very good strikers though! I'm not saying he would cost 750k I wouldnt be surprised if he was available for less.

Palace interested http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3628187,00.html remember Warnock saying he was one of the most gifted players hes ever coached when he was Sheffield United manager.

I've mentioned him on here a few times, both this time last year and this year. He's still at a decent age, good experience at this level, quick and most importantly scores goals. I think he's just one of those players who needs an arm round his shoulder to tell him how good he can be. No surprise Warnock's after him seeing he got the best out of him at Sheff Utd.

EDIT: There's NO way he'd cost £750k btw. More like £250k for me as Blackwell will want him off the wage bill.

Be an awful signing especially for 750k.

We need a proven goalscorer at this level or one who has potential to, not one whos been proven to be average.

This is where you have to trust your Manager, Marv was classed as average when he was at Millwall, including by their fans, GJ gave him belief and changed that.

I agree with Tin that a good manager can get EXTRA, out of what is deemed to be an average player. ...and conversley seemingly goalscorers with great potential 'dry up' after a change of club. ....

we all get impatient for additional 'better' players, i'm just glad its not me with the responsibility of spending SL'S millions

:englandsmile4wf:

Archived